Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:56:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SierraChart feed/bridge reborn - Realtime Bitcoin charting  (Read 10151 times)
deepceleron (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 07:32:30 PM

PS - Just had another look at Bitcoincharts and it appears they haven't updated for 7-8 hrs. Is scfeed designed to auto close when no new data is found?

If you run it from a command prompt so the window doesn't close when a program exits, you will be able to see what the problem is. The program used to beat down the door waiting for good data (because there was 500MB+ to download off the API server, it had to tolerate web errors), but now it's kind of written so if it doesn't get what it needs from the 5-day history server, it just gives you the error.

Oh, and there's no trade gap bug like I previously mentioned might exist - I forgot that I previously deleted all my SierraChart/data cleaning up the hard drive and misinterpreted when I ran sierrachartfeed again.
movellan

Activity: 361
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 09:08:04 PM

PS - Just had another look at Bitcoincharts and it appears they haven't updated for 7-8 hrs. Is scfeed designed to auto close when no new data is found?

If you run it from a command prompt so the window doesn't close when a program exits, you will be able to see what the problem is. The program used to beat down the door waiting for good data (because there was 500MB+ to download off the API server, it had to tolerate web errors), but now it's kind of written so if it doesn't get what it needs from the 5-day history server, it just gives you the error.

Oh, and there's no trade gap bug like I previously mentioned might exist - I forgot that I previously deleted all my SierraChart/data cleaning up the hard drive and misinterpreted when I ran sierrachartfeed again.

Thanks for replying. Any idea why the Bitcoincharts feed suddenly stopped and restarted? BTW, looks like the Bifinex beta has experienced a large increase in traffic since the MTGox demise. If they stay strong enough for some time, might you consider adding the feed to SC? I'd really like to see data from more than the present two major exchanges.
numismatics

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2014, 09:01:33 PM

I hadn't realized someone had been keeping scfeed alive! Looking good!

Squeaker

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2014, 09:42:03 PM

Please, lets try to continue the practice of having version numbers on the scfeed.exe program...

=squeak=

culexevilman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 12:30:35 AM

Give this a try when I get home. Cool
deepceleron (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 02:47:20 AM

What's the matter anyway? The upstream is dead? Is there
any development on a p2p datafeed distribution project somewhere?

It would be nice to have a problem description, as I don't regularly run this just to check the services it connects to.

I just ran sierrachartfeed, and it updates the 5-day history OK, but I haven't gotten any trades from the live socket stream in the five minutes it's been running. Since it connects and subscribes without error, the live stream is not completely down, it just looks like there is no trade data coming through the live stream socket. This will be something that bitcoincharts admin "tcatm" will have to sort out, as it's probably some internal server problem (if the service hasn't been changed or discontinued).

The version number of sierrachartfeed is in the python script. I quit changing the name of the script with a version number included in the name, so that you don't have to alter batch files that call it with your own list of tickers. The version number doesn't matter that much, as only the most recent version works - all the old versions have been broken by changes at bitcoincharts.
Squeaker

Activity: 450
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 04:04:05 AM

You know that many of us don't use the script, but use the executable, right? And those of us that do, kind of depend on the version number to be visible in a conspicuous place. It is a very minor thing to change a couple characters in a batch file or shortcut, or to rename the file if we don't want to change the batch file itself. Smiley

I couldn't even find a version number listed on post #0 of the thread, except for the Python program itself.

=squeak=

fuzzbuzz

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 08:16:18 AM

This platform works with FIX, once an Exchange supports fix protocol(atlas ats), would we be able to trade via sierrachats platform?
movellan

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:08:52 AM

Hello, what has happened?
I'm getting connection refused..
Can somebody confirm?

Yes, feed has been down for a couple of days now; scfeed starts then exits.
movellan

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:28:51 AM

movellan, thanks.

Request bitfinexUSD from 2014-06-22 03:42:21
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/xe/4mkt/3feed/scfeed.py", line 758, in <module>
    z = scids[s.]
  File "/xe/4mkt/3feed/scfeed.py", line 713, in __getitem__
    handler = ScidHandler(gsymbol, self.datadir, self.volume_precision, self.verbose)
  File "/xe/4mkt/3feed/scfeed.py", line 638, in __init__
    self.download_historical()
  File "/xe/4mkt/3feed/scfeed.py", line 662, in download_historical
    self.csvfilename,  self.verbose):
  File "/xe/4mkt/3feed/scfeed.py", line 543, in bitcoincharts_history
    chunk = chunkdata.read()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 351, in read
    data = self._sock.recv(rbufsize)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 543, in read
    return self._read_chunked(amt)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 612, in _read_chunked
    value.append(self._safe_read(chunk_left))
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 660, in _safe_read
    raise IncompleteRead(''.join(s), amt)
httplib.IncompleteRead: IncompleteRead(3672 bytes read, 4438 more expected)

Working again. Just received BTCe and Bitstamp updates, 10k and 11k trades respectively, live trades now coming in. Go figure.
xeverse

Activity: 124

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:19:09 PM

How do you get your bitfinex quotes now?
deepceleron (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 04:42:29 PM

How do you get your bitfinex quotes now?

It looks like the bitfinexUSD ticker has no data since Jul 23: http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/bitfinexUSD

This could be a change in the bitfinex API, where bitcoincharts can't get data any more (the same data source as sierrachartfeed uses). Of course if you notice something like this, you might message user tcatm on the forum or send a support email to bitcoincharts - they may not have any idea that there is a problem if it is not reported.
xeverse

Activity: 124

View Profile
August 01, 2014, 03:51:18 PM

you might message user tcatm on the forum or send a support email to bitcoincharts
hmm apparently he hasn't been online here since april. i sent an email.

DC, can you switch the bridge directly to the exchange
the same source which is being polled by coincharts?
https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/api
it seems they have the get method for trades

bitfinex promissed it's own websockets a couple of month ago,
i guess it isn't ready yet for some reason.
movellan

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:52:26 AM

SCfeed dead again? No updates since midnight.
deepceleron (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 09:11:01 PM

What exchange are you monitoring? I just ran the post #1 script with no command line options, and it updated 5 days of bitstampUSD and btceUSD history, and is getting live trades from both.

If a particular exchange is not getting data, it may be that the API between bitcoincharts and the exchange is broken (which is why I don't try to write a version that connects directly to individual exchanges - it would need to be constantly updated). You can look at the chart data for btce for example: http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/btceUSD#rg1zig1-minztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv - see that it is up-to-the-minute, and then compare it with the trade data from the exchange you are watching. If the other exchange has no new data, you should notify info@bitcoincharts.com that the feed is down.
movellan

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:37:30 PM

What exchange are you monitoring? I just ran the post #1 script with no command line options, and it updated 5 days of bitstampUSD and btceUSD history, and is getting live trades from both.

If a particular exchange is not getting data, it may be that the API between bitcoincharts and the exchange is broken (which is why I don't try to write a version that connects directly to individual exchanges - it would need to be constantly updated). You can look at the chart data for btce for example: http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/btceUSD#rg1zig1-minztgSzm1g10zm2g25zv - see that it is up-to-the-minute, and then compare it with the trade data from the exchange you are watching. If the other exchange has no new data, you should notify info@bitcoincharts.com that the feed is down.

Hmmmm..........Just ran it again and all is working fine. Was down for at least two days for me. Thanks for replying.
doitagain

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 08:50:53 PM

Hello deepceleron

http://savepic.su/4675368.png

This situation at the moment.
movellan

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:55:32 PM

Same here. If you close scfeed and restart, it will DL all the data up to current, but no new live feed. Restarted several times during the last two days to keep up.
arklan
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 07:16:14 AM

i've found cryptowatch.com to be a decent alternative to this for my admittedly simple needs.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
doitagain

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:59:37 PM

Hello deepceleron

http://savepic.su/4675368.png

This situation at the moment.

live stream resumed
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: