Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 03:19:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinMall Community Moderators [IDEA] [FEEDBACK REQUIRED]  (Read 150 times)
coinmallio (OP)

Activity: 138
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 07:53:45 PM

Hi there guys, CoinMall team here.

CoinMall is a marketplace on which anyone can buy and sell digital products for cryptocurrencies.

We are thinking of implementing a system wherein reputable users from the community can apply for the position of a moderator.
These moderators would be reviewed based on their reputation within the digital community (in this case BitcoinTalk).
Once accepted, moderators would randomly be selected for handling purchase disputes (based on a number of factors).

We'd like to ask the community for feedback. Specifically, we have the following questions:
1) What conditions would you want to see these moderators meet, before being able to moderate disputes?
2) Would you be more inclined to utilize CoinMall with this system in place, or does it not make a difference to you?
3) Which individials, if any, would you like to nominate to become a moderator?

Your input is greatly appreciated and will be used to create the best CryptoCommerce experience out there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:34:46 PM

Not a bad idea

Considering how bitcointalk accounts and sold daily I would be very strict while choosing someone. Positive feedbacks don't mean too much here.
I think it' good to chose someone with a solid background and history outside the forum as well.
Yes I would be ready to use as long I know the moderators are fair to everyone( buyers and seller)
coinmallio (OP)

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:55:44 PM

Not a bad idea

Considering how bitcointalk accounts and sold daily I would be very strict while choosing someone. Positive feedbacks don't mean too much here.
I think it' good to chose someone with a solid background and history outside the forum as well.
Yes I would be ready to use as long I know the moderators are fair to everyone( buyers and seller)

Thanks for the feedback! We'd ideally want users to create a signed PGP statement with their PGP key and also link their keybase profile.
We will be sourcing these moderators from a variety of specialized forums. For example, we'd go to webhostingtalk to source moderators for the 'webmaster' category. This way the moderator knows the product and can come to a fair decision due to their expertise.

We'd also make it so both the buyer as well as the seller could 'escalate' the dispute if they feel they've been wronged/cheated. In that case, the dispute would be looked into by a senior moderator. If the moderator did indeed act wrongly, we'd remove the moderator and make the buyer/seller whole out of our own pocket.
coinmallio (OP)

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:40:28 PM

Would love some more feedback and recommendations!
HikariShin

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:31:00 AM

Great idea, please inform me when you do that.
coinmallio (OP)

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:19:38 PM

Great idea, please inform me when you do that.

Thanks, will do!

Anyone else with feedback and/or recommendations of moderators you'd like to see added?
AT101ET
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:39:07 PM

I would suggest a possible means of a verification process of sorts.
I know many on here would oppose to that as they prefer to keep their identity secret, but there should be full disclosure and transparency between themselves and the company.
I'd also suggest a possible vetting round. This could involve a series of mock cases (ranging in complexity) that the individual would need to attempt to solve.
These are just ideas. Another would be to email me if you do decide to do this. I'd be interested  Cheesy
coinmallio (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:19:10 PM

I would suggest a possible means of a verification process of sorts.
I know many on here would oppose to that as they prefer to keep their identity secret, but there should be full disclosure and transparency between themselves and the company.
I'd also suggest a possible vetting round. This could involve a series of mock cases (ranging in complexity) that the individual would need to attempt to solve.
These are just ideas. Another would be to email me if you do decide to do this. I'd be interested  Cheesy

Thank you for the feedback. We much rather prefer our users to remain pseudonymous and solely rate their based on their online presence and reputation.
We'll definitely be presenting a few mock cases, tailored to the category they're applying for.

You seem to be a very likely candidate based on a quick glance over your profile, so we'll send you a PM once we want to enroll moderators Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: