Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:48:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Former CIA chief: Snowden should be “hanged by the neck until dead”  (Read 6056 times)
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:52:23 PM

I honestly respect FOX news a lot more than CNN.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:20:58 PM

Obviously the majority in the US do. Even fox news haters watch fox news, based on the numbers. CNN International was not bad until I heard everything middle Eastern related had to get approval from Amanpour first...
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:49:20 PM

I occasionally watch CNN to see a different standpoint on specific topics but generally only watch FOX.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:23:19 AM

US Attorney General Eric Holder indicated on Thursday that Washington would negotiate with lawyers for former NSA contractor Edward Snowden if he took responsibility for leaking classified documents that exposed the agency’s vast surveillance operations.

Holder said that should Snowden return to the US from Russia - where he has received temporary asylum - and enter a plea deal for disclosing sensitive information, the US Department of Justice “would engage in conversation.” Yet amnesty for Snowden, no matter his pure intentions of transparency, “would be going too far,” Holder said during an interview with MSNBC.

The Attorney General echoed those sentiments during a public event Thursday at the University of Virginia.

“We've always indicated that the notion of clemency isn't something that we were willing to consider. Instead, were he coming back to the US to enter a plea, we would engage with his lawyers,” he said.

When asked by MSNBC if Snowden, 30, should be considered a whistleblower, Holder said, "I prefer the term defendant. That's the most apt title."

http://rt.com/usa/snowden-holder-negotiations-clemency-111/
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:11:08 PM

http://bcove.me/ypr72g3x
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:51:16 AM

Rusha just extended his asylum contract  Grin
Nik1ab

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 01:54:28 AM

They are all western propaganda machines so where's the difference?

No signature ad here, because their conditions have become annoying.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:06:59 AM

They are different than the Asian, Persian, Arab, Russian, etc... propaganda machines.
Nik1ab

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:37:56 AM

They are different than the Asian, Persian, Arab, Russian, etc... propaganda machines.
I meant the difference between fox and cnn.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:57:54 PM

I meant the difference between fox and cnn.

https://showyou.com/v/h-qrZTvJB52DR5GYJu/wrongnado-cnn
Nik1ab

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:13:53 PM

And what should this link show me?

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 08:37:14 PM

for former NSA contractor Edward Snowden if he took responsibility for leaking classified documents that exposed the agency’s vast surveillance operations.

... yeah, just as soon as NSA is going to take responsibility and consequences for violating and systematically undermining the Fourth Amendment and Rule Of Law ...

Nik1ab

freedomainradio.com

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 09:17:38 PM

for former NSA contractor Edward Snowden if he took responsibility for leaking classified documents that exposed the agency’s vast surveillance operations.

... yeah, just as soon as NSA is going to take responsibility and consequences for violating and systematically undermining the Fourth Amendment and Rule Of Law ...
Laws are irrelevant.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 05:25:25 PM

Director of National Intelligence James Clapper isn't the most popular guy in Washington these days. Support for reforming bulk surveillance continues to grow. More lawmakers are becoming convinced of the point of view of US Senator Ron Wyden: that Clapper lied to Congress when he denied that "any type of data at all" was being collected "on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans." On Monday, Rep. Darrel Issa (R-CA) and five other lawmakers sent a letter to President Obama saying Clapper should be fired.

It's unlikely that Clapper's comments today at a hearing of the US Senate Intelligence Committee will quiet things down at all. Clapper reiterated his position that the leaks by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden are continuing to cause "profound damage" to the US security.

"Snowden claims that he’s won and that his mission is accomplished," said Clapper, according to a transcript of today's hearing published by The Washington Post. "If that is so, I call on him and his accomplices to facilitate the return of the remaining stolen documents that have not yet been exposed, to prevent even more damage to US security... The nation is less safe and its people less secure."

The use of the phrase "accomplices" caused several journalists to question who, exactly, Clapper was referring to. "I guess he means us?" tweeted Spencer Ackerman, national security editor at The Guardian.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/01/clapper-snowden-and-media-accomplices-should-return-our-documents/

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 07:45:43 PM

Director of National Intelligence James Clapper isn't the most popular guy in Washington these days. Support for reforming bulk surveillance continues to grow. More lawmakers are becoming convinced of the point of view of US Senator Ron Wyden: that Clapper lied to Congress when he denied that "any type of data at all" was being collected "on millions or hundreds of millions of Americans." On Monday, Rep. Darrel Issa (R-CA) and five other lawmakers sent a letter to President Obama saying Clapper should be fired.

It's unlikely that Clapper's comments today at a hearing of the US Senate Intelligence Committee will quiet things down at all. Clapper reiterated his position that the leaks by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden are continuing to cause "profound damage" to the US security.

"Snowden claims that he’s won and that his mission is accomplished," said Clapper, according to a transcript of today's hearing published by The Washington Post. "If that is so, I call on him and his accomplices to facilitate the return of the remaining stolen documents that have not yet been exposed, to prevent even more damage to US security... The nation is less safe and its people less secure."

The use of the phrase "accomplices" caused several journalists to question who, exactly, Clapper was referring to. "I guess he means us?" tweeted Spencer Ackerman, national security editor at The Guardian.

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2014/01/clapper-snowden-and-media-accomplices-should-return-our-documents/

Isn't lying to congress perjury?

Why hasn't Clapper been charged or arrested yet?

These guys are operating in criminal territory, and have been for a long time I believe, all they do each time they get caught is to hoodwink Congress into passing new laws that cover up their previous crimes.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 08:10:01 PM

Congress is just as corrupt as these guys, if Congress did anything the intelligence agencies and contractors would turn on them and vice versa so they work together out of convenience and try to cover their tracks, except of course everybody knows better now and doesn't believe a word any of them say.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:19:21 PM

And what should this link show me?

Jon Stewart "The daily Show" about CNN...
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:23:17 PM

Congress is just as corrupt as these guys, if Congress did anything the intelligence agencies and contractors would turn on them and vice versa so they work together out of convenience and try to cover their tracks, except of course everybody knows better now and doesn't believe a word any of them say.

Sounds like time to send in the Military Smiley

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 08:40:37 PM

You mean the military that bombs civilians, rapes/assaults its female members, discriminates against homosexuals, loses extremely expensive military hardware and is losing to a bunch of men wearing turbans who are using weapons that still have wood as the crafting material for its stock?

That U.S military?
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:39:05 PM

You mean the military that bombs civilians, rapes/assaults its female members, discriminates against homosexuals, loses extremely expensive military hardware and is losing to a bunch of men wearing turbans who are using weapons that still have wood as the crafting material for its stock?

That U.S military?

Oh, I forgot the NSA is the military ... hmmm, send in the People's militia?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: