Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:26:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we back in a bull market?  (Read 5987 times)
ironstove (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

Possibilities are limitless

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:31:26 AM

Despite the bad news from China, it seems that this rally has broken beyond the point of considering it a dead cat bounce. The next few days will tell the tale.

My belief is that the announcements made by China will be followed up soon with enforced regulations causing further panic.

At this point, my balance is mostly fiat so I'm obviously biased in favor of believing that another dip is coming in the near future however I would like to hear other people's thoughts on this as well and where you believe the source of this rally is coming from you don't believe it to be temporary. The good news from the US outweighing the bad in China? People who panic sold buying back in?
TERA

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:56:22 AM

Your suffering from a form of 'vertigo' where the price rises unexpectly fast/high giving you dizziness and delusional thoughts. I feel it too on every bull trap but have learned to just walk away and lie down or something instead of buy buy buy.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:59:08 AM

More to come.  Market is very fragile. 
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:03:02 AM

We are back, and recovered from china. We don't need them, and have moved on. We have resumed the steady climb.

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:06:19 AM

Your suffering from a form of 'vertigo' where the price rises unexpectly fast/high giving you dizziness and delusional thoughts. I feel it too on every bull trap but have learned to just walk away and lie down or something instead of buy buy buy.

lol bears will still be about the place even when we hit $1500...

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
Melbustus
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:06:31 AM

We've been in a bull market since 2009. Periods shorter than several years are not relevant.

Bitcoin is the first monetary system to credibly offer perfect information to all economic participants.
kwest

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:32:25 AM

We could be, seeing as we hit a low of about 1.5x the previous ATH.. and we've never gone below the previous ATH before in any crash, I don't see why we would now.. meaning the bottom may already have been hit.

Edit: I want to make it clear though.. I'm already bought in full at this price, and I have orders placed all the way from $486 to $260. If we go up, I'm not buying more.
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:39:28 AM
Last edit: December 20, 2013, 07:24:07 AM by Oldminer

I think some people were expecting a massive crash then a frenzied buying spree at cheap prices and jump back to $700 or so. Many it seems are still waiting. Problem is, it may never come. Not all surges upward are in leaps & bounds.  Sometimes there done by stealth to catch waiting buyers out. Before you know it, its too late to buy back in. Course, I could be wrong, but this is how its panned out since we hit about $580 and were back to $775 - thats a fair increase & some nice profits have been missed out on along the way.

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:11:20 AM

According to some posters on this forum, every upward movement that btc makes is always a trap.
Well if you're looking to get the most coins possible and a certain movement leads you to belive it is time to buy, but then later there is a chance to easily buy twice as many coins with the same money, then the movement was a trap from the trader's perspective. He now has half of the potential that he could have had.
outofservice

Activity: 70
Merit: 11

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:12:05 AM

I think some people were expecting a massive crash then a frenzied buying spree at cheap prices and jump back to $700 or so. Many it seems are still waiting. Problem is, it may never come. Not all surges upward are in leaps & bounds.  Sometimes there done by stealth to catch waiting buyers out. Before you know it, its too late to buy back in. Course, I could be wrong, but this is how its panned out since we hit about $580 and were back to $775 - thats a fair increase & some nice profits have been missed out on.

This post does not feel like any other post I've read on this forum.
I read this and get the feeling that you are privy to what is going on and telling us what is happening without telling us what is happening.
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:20:47 AM

This post does not feel like any other post I've read on this forum.
I read this and get the feeling that you are privy to what is going on and telling us what is happening without telling us what is happening.

No, as I said, I could be wrong, its simply my observation. Who's to say there aren't whales slowly buying up to avoid steep price rises?

pbody

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:24:16 AM

More to come.  Market is very fragile. 

I'm with this. People are still dizzy from the plus 1k mark and are buying up at these lower prices. News can drive it further in either direction.                                          

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:30:59 AM

So, how does all this sound to me...well,let me put it this way, When the Silk Road drug Marketplace was taken donw, Bitcoin prices fell, and after a couple of hours went back to a stable price, so whenever so this happens again, there shoul dbe no fear as prices will jump back up again.
geoffreyqp

Activity: 712

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:39:41 AM

if the price wasn't still following btcchina so much, i would feel more bullish. but right now, if more bad news comes out of china, (like btcchina shutting down) then i can see further falling prices.

overall, i'm probably slightly bullish right now.
Oldminer
Legendary

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:40:23 AM

So, how does all this sound to me...well,let me put it this way, When the Silk Road drug Marketplace was taken donw, Bitcoin prices fell, and after a couple of hours went back to a stable price, so whenever so this happens again, there shoul dbe no fear as prices will jump back up again.

Bitcoin is much quicker to recover than it used to be.

deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 07:45:16 AM

I think some people were expecting a massive crash then a frenzied buying spree at cheap prices and jump back to $700 or so. Many it seems are still waiting. Problem is, it may never come.

It's here:
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:57:49 AM

You see, I guess everyone should be optimistic by now.
Edward50

Activity: 602

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:10:37 AM

I think its honestly going back up to $1000. The china news was priced in already and how could it be any worse. People still have $1000 dollars on their minds so anything under that is cheap.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:45:54 AM

I think its honestly going back up to $1000. The china news was priced in already and how could it be any worse. People still have $1000 dollars on their minds so anything under that is cheap.
Yesterday you said all the signs were pointing to another crash, and when the Chinese wake up they will start dumping more coins "en masse".
I suppose things do move quickly in Bitcoin!  Grin

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:48:37 AM

A dead cat bounce of about 80% is normal - so it is too early to decide.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: