Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 08:49:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PK] Pennykoin - Make crypto great again. No ICO/premine POS/POW  (Read 8283 times)
jerrimu (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 08:54:37 AM

Remember when you first got interested in cryptocurrency?  It was such a cool feeling to be a part of something that was gonna change the world. Then the money happened and now it just seems like something for investors to mess with, not an actual breakthrough in decentralized, egalitarian currency. I want to bring that feeling back and make it stay forever.
I like your style. There is big interest towards crypto note lately, bought some OTC since they are not available on exchange right now.
I am curious about the name "PennyKoin", is it meant to be ironic?

I wouldn't say ironic. More like a compromise. Initially I just wanted penny, but there was a  (failed0crypto with the name in 2015/16. Pennycoin would have been the next choice, but the domain was $2000 I don't have and PC is a terrible ticker. 

Whereas it wasn't my first choice, I think it's served well. My second most popular tweet was me justifying the name, and that attention brought a lot of miners on board.  I'm not sure I'm willing to rebrand, but it wouldn't be now if I was, and the community would have to push for it (like ant-asic)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
legday

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 08:57:38 AM

Remember when you first got interested in cryptocurrency?  It was such a cool feeling to be a part of something that was gonna change the world. Then the money happened and now it just seems like something for investors to mess with, not an actual breakthrough in decentralized, egalitarian currency. I want to bring that feeling back and make it stay forever.
I like your style. There is big interest towards crypto note lately, bought some OTC since they are not available on exchange right now.
I am curious about the name "PennyKoin", is it meant to be ironic?

I wouldn't say ironic. More like a compromise. Initially I just wanted penny, but there was a  (failed0crypto with the name in 2015/16. Pennycoin would have been the next choice, but the domain was $2000 I don't have and PC is a terrible ticker.  

Whereas it wasn't my first choice, I think it's served well. My second most popular tweet was me justifying the name, and that attention brought a lot of miners on board.  I'm not sure I'm willing to rebrand, but it wouldn't be now if I was, and the community would have to push for it (like ant-asic)
Calling it Penny is just belittling coin, in terms of - "it should not cost more than penny", unless it is meant to be a joke and investors usually don't have a sense of humor about their investments. Also mispelling "Coin". I don't know man, name is real turn off if you ask me.
Also, code says 1 trillion max supply, but it was said on discord its 10 billion.
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 09:05:24 AM

Calling it Penny is just belittling coin, in terms of it should not cost more than penny, unless it is meant to be a joke and investors usually don't have a sense of humor about their investments. Also mispelling "Coin". I don't know man, name is real turn off if you ask me.
Also, code says 1 trillion max supply, but it was said on discord its 10 billion.

But if the pennies ( atomic units) are worth a penny then 1 PK=$1, which would mean a $2bn marketcap at the end of year one.  This isn't for investing, this is for spending. If you get some now, you will almost certainly make some money, but that isn't even close to its goal. Just like a cool side effect of being a believer/early adopter.

You quoted the part above where I talk about how crypto is all speculation now, that part is the bubble and it will be gone. I don't know if you're old enough to remember internet launch, but it was much the same. Silicon Valley's "tres comas" guy is todays ICO millionaire.   PK strives to be more like spotify or pandora in that analogy.     Both of which are idiotic names for internet music.
legday

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:07:23 AM

Calling it Penny is just belittling coin, in terms of it should not cost more than penny, unless it is meant to be a joke and investors usually don't have a sense of humor about their investments. Also mispelling "Coin". I don't know man, name is real turn off if you ask me.

But if the pennies ( atomic units) are worth a penny then 1 PK=$1, which would mean a $2bn marketcap at the end of year one.  This isn't for investing, this is for spending. If you get some now, you will almost certainly make some money, but that isn't even close to its goal. Just like a cool side effect of being a believer/early adopter.

You quoted the part above where I talk about how crypto is all speculation now, that part is the bubble and it will be gone. I don't know if you're old enough to remember internet launch, but it was much the same. Silicon Valley's "tres comas" guy is todays ICO millionaire.   PK strives to be more like spotify or pandora in that analogy.     Both of which are idiotic names for internet music.
Fair enough. Could you please clarify max supply for me? Why does code say 1 trillion and it was either you or another dev that said its 10 billion?
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 09:20:44 AM

Fair enough. Could you please clarify max supply for me? Why does code say 1 trillion and it was either you or another dev that said its 10 billion?

One trillion atomic units, 10bn pennykoin.
legday

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 09:37:46 AM

One trillion atomic units, 10bn pennykoin.
Name kinda makes sense now. Iota comes to mind. Anyway, can you tell me how this atomic unit is defined? because I don't see how it is stated in the code.
legday

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 10:05:42 AM

Never mind. I figured it out. This is it right? - const uint64_t COIN= UINT64_C(100); // pow(10, 6)
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 10:10:42 AM

Never mind. I figured it out. This is it right? - const uint64_t COIN= UINT64_C(100); // pow(10, 6)

in the config file yes, 2 places actually, that and the decimals variable
cryptonote-social

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 03:16:38 PM

What's the status on ASIC-proofing?  Given Aeon/TRTL are the only coins I'm aware of on cn-lite/v1 it might be a good choice.   Would love to add you to our list of pools (https://cryptonote.social/) once the ASICs are gone.
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 04:04:07 PM

What's the status on ASIC-proofing?  Given Aeon/TRTL are the only coins I'm aware of on cn-lite/v1 it might be a good choice.   Would love to add you to our list of pools (https://cryptonote.social/) once the ASICs are gone.

Actually decided to go v7 for the moment for the sake of speed, happening at block 16000 so Fri or Sat.
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2018, 09:37:46 PM

Mandatory upgrade for $PK wallets for incoming hardfork (Fri or Sat)

https://github.com/Pennykoin/QTPenny/releases/tag/1.8.0

You won't lose funds if you don't upgrade, but you can't move your money til you do.
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2018, 05:12:53 AM

Pennykoin and this ANN are now one month old!

http://pennykoin.com/2018/06/14/one-month-update/
kobeotto

Activity: 51

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 05:45:17 PM

Hello all... Is this coin dead ? i red for fork at block 16000 and no more...
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2018, 08:19:41 PM

Hey friend!

The fork went roughly and I will be rolling out a patch to get things moving tonight. 
Join our discord to get all the latest info!

sorry about that,

-jerry
kobeotto

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 06:18:15 AM

Hey friend!

The fork went roughly and I will be rolling out a patch to get things moving tonight. 
Join our discord to get all the latest info!

sorry about that,

-jerry

that's right... even bcouse wallet didnt sync after 16k block and seems that now see 1/2 of coin.. i have backup.

Good JOB!!
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 09:08:40 AM

The fork to v7 is moving along now, the chain is accelerating and should be full speed in approx 48 hours.  So far   Getpool  and   Youpool have upgraded and are on the proper chain.   

Once everything is going at the proper speed we will be listed on   Digitalprice Exchange .  I asked them to hold off a few days while the blockchain got back to normal.

potapo

Activity: 460
Merit: 100

Your professional profile on the blockchain

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 09:11:47 AM

Very good project I will explore the project before deciding whether to invest a small amount

Yes of course. Particularly worth considering projects in a very detailed way now. Their team, team, experience, idea and prospects. And it is very important what the terms of participation in the project.

legday

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 10:48:57 AM

The fork to v7 is moving along now, the chain is accelerating and should be full speed in approx 48 hours.  So far   Getpool  and   Youpool have upgraded and are on the proper chain.   

Once everything is going at the proper speed we will be listed on   Digitalprice Exchange .  I asked them to hold off a few days while the blockchain got back to normal.

Nice to see pennykoin on some exchanges. I would also recommend Crex24. Very cheap to get listed there and pretty solid exchange https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/crex24/
kobeotto

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 10:53:41 AM

Is the wallet syncronized?? the 1.8 version can't sync, transaction old from 171 hours..
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2018, 11:41:05 AM

Is the wallet syncronized?? the 1.8 version can't sync, transaction old from 171 hours..

You need 1.8.7    https://github.com/Pennykoin/QTPenny/releases/tag/1.8.7

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: