Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:14:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PK] Pennykoin - Make crypto great again. No ICO/premine POS/POW  (Read 8283 times)
jerrimu (OP)

Activity: 105
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 05:27:57 PM

running a blockchain is complex to do solo unless you get the community behind it and helping.

Hoping! Still going to keep at it regardless.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ciciteng

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:44:11 PM

Based on the pool network, I can see that this PK is dead on ASIC!
Unless the dev. really want to move away from the ASIC plagues that already wandering around and looking to mine to death the original CN algorithm, including this one.
All the Bitmain X3 and Baikal N will destroy this coin once the last standing Electroneum and the other guys fork on 30 of May.
This project is great actually, but with ASIC on board to compete with? Meh.
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 10:23:43 PM

Based on the pool network, I can see that this PK is dead on ASIC!
Unless the dev. really want to move away from the ASIC plagues that already wandering around and looking to mine to death the original CN algorithm, including this one.
All the Bitmain X3 and Baikal N will destroy this coin once the last standing Electroneum and the other guys fork on 30 of May.
This project is great actually, but with ASIC on board to compete with? Meh.

I plan to implement ways to make it better for cpr/gpu miners without necessarily making it asic proof. What difference really between someone with 12 GPU and an asic?  I mine on a thinkpad, so both are unfair to me.  Pennykoin is for everyone, and I will keep working to make it as fair as possible for everyone.

This project is great actually

Thank you!
qemudev
Copper Member

Activity: 161
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 11:58:17 PM

VOTE FOR EXCHANGE:

Ubit - Cryptocurrency Exchange - https://ubit.pw/

Vote Pennykoin, be listed - https://vote.ubit.pw/
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 11:03:15 PM

I just want to send a giant thank you to the Pennykoin community.  I kinda went into this handicapped ( funny because I'm a cripple RL) and occasionally I get overwhelmed.  The support & belief in the project shown by the miners, pool owners, & social media users make me feel like I'm on the right path,

Thank you guys ( & gals) so much for the faith, I'll do my best to not let you down.

-jerry
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2018, 04:27:04 AM

Pennykoin -240 hours

This ANN was posted almost exactly ten days ago.   I'll give a breakdown of what's been accomplished since then.

We have had over 5000 blocks mined, with an emission of over 60M PK.  Hashrate has averaged about 7MH over time, peaking as high as 20 for extended periods.  There are now 3 active mining pools, with a 4th on the way in the next couple of days. just under 1% of the mined PK has been deposited to the chain where it will gain interest.  Tx fees have dropped from .02 to .01.

There was a total rebase about 6 days in, resulting in zawy difficulty adjustment ( it was rough the first few days).  Post rebase there were some syncing issues for about 6 hours resulting in a 12 hour takedown of the net.  The sync issues have been repaired and code improvements have begun. Just today a hard mixin rate of 7 was set across the board, and the CLI wallet was updated to import/export keys.

Pennykoin is well on it's way to being the most advanced coin based on the XDN codebase. It is already the only fair launched, actively developed coin from that family. XDN itself has warned users not to make transactions or transfers for almost a week now due to asic activity and poor difficulty algorithm.  Regardless of how poor it is technically the early adopter advantage has it seeing between 1.5 and 2 million USD in volume daily.

Pennykoin isn't going anywhere, and you are invited to be a part of it.
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2018, 09:02:50 AM

More updates at Pennykoin!

We have s specific cryptonote pool fork at https://github.com/Pennykoin/pennykoin-pool .     I also upgraded the paper wallet generator (forked from monero, not the old ultranote base one ) at https://github.com/Pennykoin/pennypaper .

Improvements happen every day!
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 07:26:34 AM

GUI wallets now have installers and install a recent blockchain, so you don't have to wait as long to sync!  Improvement made almost daily, come be a part of it.

(also zooko like one of my tweets, so PK is embraced by established crypto)
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2018, 10:10:56 PM

If any loyal Pennykoin miners would like to help us reach an exchange, I would love donations toward listing fees.

https://www.bitotal.com  -   €999

https://stocks.exchange  - .5 BTC

These we are accepted to already, just  need to pay the listing fee.  

I did not premine to pay for things like this, Pennykoin depends on the community.   If you would like to donate in a currency other than BTC, let me know in a reply or PM,  you can also visit discord to discuss.

BTC - 3FVRMXNzX8bMzuAZH65JFNkozaZmY2pxuX

jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2018, 11:36:58 PM

I have put forth my stance on asics, but this is a community coin.

Vote here: https://twitter.com/pennykoin1/status/1000883198606356480
soonghani

Activity: 5

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:00:07 PM

Hey dev, any update on the verdict of the poll? Are you going to fork, what algo are you going to fork to? How will this affect us miners? Thank you
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 01:22:16 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2018, 01:33:06 AM by jerrimu

Hey dev, any update on the verdict of the poll? Are you going to fork, what algo are you going to fork to? How will this affect us miners? Thank you

Yes, i really dont see the point, but the crowd has decided we are going to for for asic resistance. We will either be moving to on ofe the cn lite variants or ( im working on it) a custon cn ultralite.

Edit: I run a updated once-or-twice a week at the website, upcoming plans and recent news are always there.
JD_Miner

Activity: 4

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:55:47 PM

Yes, i really dont see the point, but the crowd has decided we are going to for for asic resistance. We will either be moving to on ofe the cn lite variants or ( im working on it) a custon cn ultralite.

Edit: I run a updated once-or-twice a week at the website, upcoming plans and recent news are always there.

CN Lite or custom ultralite would get on board GPU and CPU miners. That would be great!
AceVentura

Activity: 11

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 04:46:56 AM

New pool up and running!

pennykoinpool.rocks - come check us out Cool

Happy mining!BTC

Also, keep up the great work Jerry, you're crushing it so far.
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 06:29:21 AM

Good luck dev with your project. Wink

Thanks mate, while I may be doing the coding, the community lets me know PK is gonna work out fine. I  got worried about the etn asics killing out network ( it handled it I just worry a lot), and like 3 guys volunteered to start pools.
  Truly a great bunch of people are joining my efforts.

<3
InterCoins
Copper Member

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:45:50 AM

Very good project I will explore the project before deciding whether to invest a small amount
SandyFish

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 07:14:18 PM

Hi Dev,my wallet windows got stuck block 7022.
Help me.
Thank you so much.
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 07:16:01 PM

Hi Dev,my wallet windows got stuck block 7022.
Help me.
Thank you so much.

So far nobody else with that problem, hop in our discord and I'll try to get it figured out   https://discordapp.com/invite/Yk3yRJh
jerrimu (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 10:04:00 AM

Dev Blog update, some read on how things are going!  http://pennykoin.com/2018/06/02/status-of-pretty-much-everything/
legday

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:14:45 AM

Remember when you first got interested in cryptocurrency?  It was such a cool feeling to be a part of something that was gonna change the world. Then the money happened and now it just seems like something for investors to mess with, not an actual breakthrough in decentralized, egalitarian currency. I want to bring that feeling back and make it stay forever.
I like your style. There is big interest towards crypto note lately, bought some OTC since they are not available on exchange right now.
I am curious about the name "PennyKoin", is it meant to be ironic?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: