Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:24:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's volatility is a non-issue  (Read 2035 times)
zuninholo

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:27:57 AM

In this market volatility is trivial,
It can rise and fall day by day, so that's not our problem
Abigail Asi

Activity: 182
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 07:45:14 AM

Volatility in bitcoin is normal. Once a while, the price rises and drops day by day but I think That's not an issue though.
Uberse (OP)

Activity: 132
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 06, 2018, 04:52:33 PM

I really love your arguments and often agree with them. I agree that high volatility in itself is not a problem. However, you lack one important component -transaction fees

They are dropping (for the moment anyway) and probably will fall further once the Lightning Network is up and running. But remember in a rising market retailers will hold their bitcoins anyway. Those who can afford to will hodl in a falling market and those who cannot afford to will not accept bitcoins in the first place. Still, there will be merchants who will indeed incur fees as they panic and convert to fiat. In effect they will be day-trading.
thinkabout

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:27:36 AM

Fluctuations are not a big problem because other types of investments are also common. However, because btc volatility makes it impossible for investors to treat it as a form of payment, it becomes more difficult for them.
almaroof

Activity: 88

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:35:02 AM

Bitcoin is too volatile and this will continue to scare new investors especially those with poor trading skill. Most time exchanges and devs are responsible for this act
nagobinga

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:26:32 AM

bitcoin has become famous all over the world we do not need kwatir anymore and it is safe to play and whether this can be a very long time.
vdhsas

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:54:36 AM

Volatility is because Bitcoin is treated as an investment product, but Bitcoin appears to represent money itself, so we should not consider the volatility of Bitcoin, but consider its actual value.
richardson1128

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:22:59 AM

This is true, bitcoin is very volatile just like other currencies such as fiat. But, wether we like it or not bitcoin will always be volatile no matter what happens as it relies to people doing effort to keep it in that state, unlike physical money where there are leaders across the nations where they set the currency according to its economy, does bitcoin has its economy?
abiola4real

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 07:27:19 AM

The volatility is actually an issue which is stopping some investors from putting their money into it because they fear the loss since they can't predict if price will drop or increase..
efxtrader

Activity: 924
Merit: 100

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:28:04 AM

Volatility in bitcoin price is just for short time. I think the real issue in cryptocurrency is government regulation. Its affecting on investor because if cryptocurrrency market have regulation from government, they will more confident to investing more money in market.
Beside that, news about regulation affecting on price fluctuation.

popelene1

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:33:07 AM

Its not issues but its also making people not to have confidence in investing on it, Anyone that check the ATH of bitcoin last December and compared to the current price will be afraid to invest her money..
Kayuslawal

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 07:58:49 AM

Bitcoin volatility is causing problems to bitcoin, we dont want to loose thinking the price used to change every minute ,with this some people just wont trust it so they wont loose their money invested
erundook

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:46:59 PM

It looks like the list of evidences about bitcoins trustworthiness, but thank you anyway because in this hardship times we need some encouragement and to get some more assurance in the things that we do.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-
WEBSITEE |█| WHITEPAPER

money_amount

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 01:56:04 PM

If you have a lot of knowledge about investing, I think it's not a problem. Traders in the day they are not afraid of the market down. They have a lot of knowledge to invest in this market.
greengate01

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:00:24 PM

Volatility in bitcoin is normal. Once a while, the price rises and drops day by day but I think That's not an issue though.

Yes of course,volatility of Bitcoin is normal and still it an issue because this is what the investors depends on.From this we can see how the demands rise and fall.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:08:05 PM

Volatility isnt a issue when it comes to bitcoin/crypto investors because there are many other types of volatile investments too.  People take issue with volatility because bitcoin is mean to be used as a currency and if its value keeps changing then merchants cant rely on it as an accepted payment method.

Would you mind mate letting me know whats those many types of volatile investing?sorry to ask but i just want you to enlighten me regarding this because my knowledge is limited towards this thanks for the response

And regarding to OPs point well i think volatility of  bitcoin wont bring this down instead this is the reason why will we become richer soon,thats the price of this that increases because of volatility
Jamescur

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:22:43 PM

The volatility of BTC indicates the potential value of BTC! People with valuable things are willing to invest!
High volatility implies an opportunity for high returns. Bitcoin has given excellent returns
centive
Copper Member

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 02:27:41 PM

Volatility and Liquidity are inter-related. Prices become volatile when there's no liquidity. So, volatility - depending on how you see it is an opportunity (for traders), and risk (for institutional investors).

Whence liquidity is improved, this will ideally reduce volatility, and encourage both side (traders + institutions) to trade bitcoin or invest.
Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:33:11 PM

Volatility in bitcoin price is just for short time. I think the real issue in cryptocurrency is government regulation. Its affecting on investor because if cryptocurrrency market have regulation from government, they will more confident to investing more money in market.
Beside that, news about regulation affecting on price fluctuation.
So for you the volatility of bitcoin price is depend on regulation of government? it's just part of the cause of volatile bitcoin prices. There are still many reasons why bitcoin prices are always on the move, for instance, day trading will always provide a rapid price change effect of a trader's focus not only on information but technical analysts can be part of their strategy.
florinigna

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 02:35:03 PM

No business would like to deal in such a currency. It makes it a failure as a payment system thus limiting its growth.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: