Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:56:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin's volatility is a non-issue  (Read 2034 times)
dodongrrr

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:46:43 PM

Of course, Bitcoin and other decentralized cryptocurrencies in the market are highly volatile and unpredictable. For me, I don’t think there is an issue about it as it was designed for long-term. The future is bright for those who buy and hold Bitcoin, as well as skilled day traders out there. Just my two sats.
For me its a non issue for people that really knows about bitcoin, and its a issue for some that dont know about it. There are some people that only want to invest but dont do a research about the thing they're investing, and when the price of bitcoin decrease, they're going to panic selling, they dont know that its normal because it was volatile, means that the price is rapidly changing and its unpredictable to know if its going to increase or decrease.

I think its really a big issue and many people did not invest because they are afraid of losing their money due volatility of the market that price.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Faeton

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 04:14:46 PM

Bitcoin being volatile as a currency is slightly an issue in my opinion. I mean, in a business point of view, you wouldn't want to receive a $50 payment that could be $40 tomorrow(though it could also be $60). But there's almost nothing we can do about it in my opinion. Volatility will decrease as adoption comes.
Why do you think that bitcoin's volatility will decrease as the number of users increases? As bitcoin will be widely used among the population and increase its value, the amplitude of its possible fluctuations will grow and therefore its volatility will only increase.
The volatility of bitcoin is already a serious problem in the management of even small and medium-sized businesses. Many businessmen who first start taking bitcoin as payment, then refuse to settle in it precisely because of its high volatility. Also, states are not in a hurry to switch to using bitcoin precisely because of its high volatility.

damrianto

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 04:49:21 PM

This volatility is not problematic for the merchant but it is very profitable for those who trade and invest in a very short period. The traders can generate huge profits; far more than investors who have a buy-and-hold strategy
Chicksteen

Activity: 200
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:16:55 PM

Of course, Bitcoin and other decentralized cryptocurrencies in the market are highly volatile and unpredictable. For me, I don’t think there is an issue about it as it was designed for long-term. The future is bright for those who buy and hold Bitcoin, as well as skilled day traders out there. Just my two sats.
For me its a non issue for people that really knows about bitcoin, and its a issue for some that dont know about it. There are some people that only want to invest but dont do a research about the thing they're investing, and when the price of bitcoin decrease, they're going to panic selling, they dont know that its normal because it was volatile, means that the price is rapidly changing and its unpredictable to know if its going to increase or decrease.
Being volatile is part of crypto and it is the chance to gain profit from it. It is not issue for someone who understand the market and those who are in crypto that has huge knowledge about it. However, being volatile becomes a problem to those who are new to market that experienced suddenly down after investing which make them triggered and afraid to lose the value even more.
luckyluigi

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:27:12 PM

It is a very big issue alright. Bitcoin is meant to be a base currency where virtually all other cryptocurrencies trade against. If its volatility begins to affect the coin movement of the community of altcoins, then it should be seen as a very serious issue that will hamper the growth of other coins
I am wondering what would we do without having a bitcoin volatility around, how could we trade and invest in it if we would know that it would not fall or grow, all the traders would love to be without their earnings.
Jessica2009

Activity: 348
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:31:05 PM

Now a days many people use Bitcoin, those who are using Bitcoin do not feel any stress  they actually feel free to use Bitcoin  to their wish. Since in Bitcoin transaction there is no intermediaries there is no excess charges levied on the users . When the market is down there is nothing to worry, be patient  and wait for the market to rise . The trading and investment in Bitcoin add benefit to support the newly created Bitcoins its volatility is a non  issue .

K O N I O S        |│        The World's Most Secure Cash & Crypto Platform
[   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ]      [ AIRDROP | LIVE ]      [    ICO  |  July 1st    ]
WHITEPAPER                       TWITTER                       TELEGRAM                       ANN THREAD
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:53:21 PM

It is a very big issue alright. Bitcoin is meant to be a base currency where virtually all other cryptocurrencies trade against. If its volatility begins to affect the coin movement of the community of altcoins, then it should be seen as a very serious issue that will hamper the growth of other coins
I am wondering what would we do without having a bitcoin volatility around, how could we trade and invest in it if we would know that it would not fall or grow, all the traders would love to be without their earnings.
Right.Volatility is very much important in seeing our crypto investments growing.It's only in volatility that most people stay hopefull because even if the market turns red,a time for a green market is expected next to happen.Volatility always gives thrill to all holders and investors of bitcoin because it's the only reason that will make them rich in a short period of time.

ELOCIN

Activity: 276

W12 – Blockchain protocol

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:53:47 PM

It's only an issue for those who are investing in a short term because the moment they got caught in the storm, they can not simply sell their crypto and their plans of selling it will just be extended for another time which makes it very frustrating.

W12.io  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Blockchain protocol                         
            Built F O R :    ❤ Charity Market    ⚫ ICO    ֆ CROWDFUNDING

◥ TELEGRAMWHITEPAPERTWITTERFACEBOOK ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ❱❱❱ R E G I S T E R  for the  TO K E N  S A L E ❰❰❰
Bugsbey

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:55:54 PM

Volatility isnt a issue when it comes to bitcoin/crypto investors because there are many other types of volatile investments too.  People take issue with volatility because bitcoin is mean to be used as a currency and if its value keeps changing then merchants cant rely on it as an accepted payment method.
I agree. This characteristic of bitcoin is really not an issue. It is even more special in the sense that people can invest in this currency. Thus it is helpful.
Radio-Active

Activity: 523

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:42:09 AM

Very true, volatility in cryptocurrency is not an issue for peoples who have strong hands. When your coins are falling, you won't sell it because you know that only market fluctuations. Even volatility is used by the experienced traders to make profit. So, it is no problem at all.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
sevenonetwo

Activity: 99

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:49:28 AM

Indeed I also think so if bitcoin votality is not a problem. It is a reasonable condition happening in the market. Market conditions are always up and down because there are many people who play there, there are players who support and there are players who hate bitcoin so that both have the same effect on bitcoin price fluctuations. No matter how bitcoin votality conditions, as a wise bitcoin player I always put forward the nature of patient and calm. I apply this so that I avoid the misleading issues that just make me panic is not clear and lead to loss and regret.

🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸 [ MOOZICORE ] WORLD’S FIRST MUSIC STREAMING SERVICE ON BLOCKCHAIN 🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺🔸🔺
https://tokensale.moozicore.com/
yesyoupump

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 05:50:53 AM

Bitcoin is the crypto Coin with less volatily so you should hold it and sell altcoins if you keep stable your portfolio.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
Lalapo08

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:53:38 AM

Yeah, I do not think bitcoin votality is an issue. Bitcoin votality really happens because we can see the bitcoin's real value in the market. This votality is real, what is not real is this votality is only played by people who hate bitcoin so that more and more people hate bitcoin. They make the issue of negative news about bitcoin and manipulate market conditions so that more people leave bitcoin. Votality is not an issue, but real is true.
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 05:56:52 AM

Well bitcoin volatility may negates its value as a store of value but as far as trading bitcoin and other cryptos is concerned, volatility is the major market mover, trading remains bored without volatility hence profit taken will absolutely be minimum, in forex trading the more volatile instruments like EUR/USD, AUD/USD, USD/JPY and GBP/USD are mostly traded due to there highly volatility in nature.
ronalsi

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 06:40:52 AM

In this market, the most important consideration is the fluctuation of Bitcoin, which Bitcoin is a substitute for conventional currencies, but I think it is a mistake. Bitcoins are more likely to serve niches where conventional currencies do not serve well.
angelramirez24

Activity: 54

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:14:14 PM

It really is a non issue for its users that really understand how bitcoin works. and looking to it as an investment, volatility is normal like any other investments.
Husen Alikhsan

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:18:43 PM

I think though I strongly agree with you that a volatility should not only affect the storage of value, I do not agree with you that it affects merchants, when they receive Bitcoin directly. Some people cancel this loss by using a payment processor for any payment received, but this is not a perfect solution. <This lets you rely on a centralized third party service>

The best way to avoid volatility is for you to change your strategy. Let's say 20% of all bitcoins are received and hoard them and convert the other 80% to fiat, immediately to avoid too much volatility. How about you. Thanks
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:26:05 PM

I don't get why some people fear or abhor the zero-sum equation. When it comes to money, we spend it. Such is the fate of money. And when we spend, we lose something and another benefits. That's just the way it is.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
DMFXFinancials

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2018, 02:59:40 PM

Cryptocurrency market is known to be very volatile. The coins are considered complex and the investors needs to be aware of the diverse risks in regards to trading it. This is because there is no regulatory body to protect investors in this type of market, and the governments won't stabilize it like the Eur/USD for example .

We have a video from our previous crypto trading Conference explaining how the cryptocurrency market can be volatile https://dmfx-financials.com/blog/2016/05/12/volatile-cryptocurrency-market/
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 03:21:54 PM
Merited by V1saya (1)

This volatility is not problematic for the merchant but it is very profitable for those who trade and invest in a very short period. The traders can generate huge profits; far more than investors who have a buy-and-hold strategy
Yes, its a problem for short term investor, because the will just earn minimal profit, unlike for long term investor because they will earn big profit. In overall, volatility of bitcoin is not a problem, because bitcoin created that way, all we can do is to accept its characteristics. As what i see, we only criticize its volatility when the price is decreasing but when the price is increasing we are being thankful for its volatility. short term and long term is ok, its just depends on how you will handle your investments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: