Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 05:59:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Masternode, good or bad for cryptocurrency ?  (Read 112 times)
streamplus (OP)

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:25:34 AM

I am looking for a clear answer about this question please, do masternodes good or not for futur of any cryptocurrency ?

Advantages & inconvignence ?
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:22:12 PM

To set up a master node you need to hold a large amount of coin for the specific cryptocurrency, it is quite expensive & needs some techie knowledge to set up. You just need to stake your coins in your wallet and remain online 24/7. You can earn passive income from your Master Node as you will be getting fixed ROI for transactions, Block Processing. Dash is a good example of Master Node coin. The main advantage is that you no need to buy expensive mining rig or graphics cards that can even be damaged due to excessive heat or faulty hardware & also you will not be paying a high electricity bill.
seo-maestro

Activity: 420
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:48:49 PM

Masternodes are good for crypto at the first time while there are few masternodes and they show huge ROI, so demand for coin growth up and price grows up too.
But later when number of masternodes becomes big - ROI drops down and price goes down or stay flat.
Hughesy26

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:54:04 PM

I love my medic masternode - it paid for itself within about 30 days and now I get daily passive income which I invest in alts I think look promising. The good thing about Medic (and presumably some others, although I can't vouch for any others) is that they let you set up a shared MN so you don't need a massive load of coins to get involved. The admins of the project manage the shared service too which gives me confidence its all safe and above board, as I wouldnt want to send my share to some random MN pool that might never give me my rewards!

I think it's good for crypto too...it creates demand that pushes price up and raises awareness. Everyone should have (imo) a balanced portfolio of capital growth coins and passive income coins (like KCS, DASH, MEDIC etc) and from a mix of market cap sizes.

❤ MEDICcoin ❤ Discordapp.com/invite/nRAzp4d ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤
wilberthh

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

Indonesian Translator, #1 Quality is prioritized.

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:41:31 PM

If I'm not mistaken Dash is the one who started this masternode stuff and it was pretty good at that time for cryptocurrency in my opinion, especially since Dash has features related to privacy stuff which makes this coin loved by the community because of its uniquenity.

But right now there are plenty of masternode coins with little-to-no features besides of the masternode feature which in my opinion is no longer good for the cryptocurrency market.

If those masternode coins have another out-of-the-box feature, or at least more useful features I believe it will be good for the cryptocurrency community / market.

In the future?? hmm let the market decide that. But personally I think more and more masternode coins will out and people will start leaving the low ROI masternode behind therefore this currency in my opinion is not really good for future (investment).
btyco
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 07:08:11 PM

The problem with masternodes is that it increases the number of whales and reduces widespread distribution. However it does manage to secure the blockchain so there are advantages. Anyone wishing to start a masternode should look at WAGERR quickly before the world cup starts. Big rise just a few months away ..

DarkPayCoin - [100% community governed and built]
[-] Website  [-] ANN Thread  [-] Discord  [-] Twitter  [-] Telegram
\ HIGH ROI, Low supply / - \ A privacy focused MN/PoS coin /
TropicalDog17

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:53:07 AM

I think they are more good than bad. It has got some problems, but it is so secure and it just helps crypto world in spite of some little mistakes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: