Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:49:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining with CEX.IO or why do I not believe skeptics  (Read 22061 times)
msc_de

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:11:15 PM

no way make profit only mining on cex

but with trading from time to time is ok  Cool
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kickbit (OP)

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

In Blockchain We Trust!

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 07:44:54 PM

Yep Smiley

BitMedia.IO - Advertise Your Bitcoin Project!

Realtime Bitcoin Price! Search - "Bitcoin price for Chrome" in Chrome App Store!
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 01:36:45 PM

just started too, yeah agreed with trading. just mining alone will take ages !
realitycheck

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

trading (and mining when you get caught holding the bag) - great way to trade with BTC.

CEX.IO  - Get yourself into bitcoin mining -no min starting point to figure out how it works while you mine.
greenlion

Activity: 667

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 07:41:28 PM

So the reason why I left Cex, is because I don't trust them to add hashpower to the market efficiently in a way that has a minimal effect on the price. They could be as clumsy as adding 5TH/s and dumping it all onto the market at once causing the price to crash, or they could be smarter and dribble it in over time. You just don't know, but I guarantee they are not as smart or as experienced as the traders in a commodities market.

This is a very intelligent way to look at it.

The only way that Cex could actually function as a real futures market is if there weren't a monopoly commodity seller.

The fact that Cex themselves are the only entity that can put tradable GH/s on the market makes the whole thing a nightmare. It would actually be amazing if there were some standardized way developed that people could provably put their own GH/s on a market like that, a system like that would actually function like a real commodity market.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:04:26 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 12:10:21 AM by Gator-hex

Do you guys realize the CEX.io contact address is on Threadneedle Street?

The Bank of England is also on Threadneedle Street and it came to power as a central bank by buying all the Kings currency out of circulation (royal tally sticks).

Must watch video to educate yourself about the City of London not being London!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrObZ_HZZUc

Even the Queen of England has to get their permission before she can visit that's how powerful they are!

You don't know the power of the dark side!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onhFH7jpq2c

Wink

kickbit (OP)

Activity: 276

In Blockchain We Trust!

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 11:46:44 AM

The only way that Cex could actually function as a real futures market is if there weren't a monopoly commodity seller.

The fact that Cex themselves are the only entity that can put tradable GH/s on the market makes the whole thing a nightmare. It would actually be amazing if there were some standardized way developed that people could provably put their own GH/s on a market like that, a system like that would actually function like a real commodity market.

Yeah, it's a really nice idea. But i don't think it's easy.. We'll see what's coming up next. Smiley

BitMedia.IO - Advertise Your Bitcoin Project!

Realtime Bitcoin Price! Search - "Bitcoin price for Chrome" in Chrome App Store!
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:35:56 AM

Yeah, it's a really nice idea. But i don't think it's easy.. We'll see what's coming up next. Smiley

Looks like price per gh is now down to 0.01644718 BTC. Still pretty unprofitable
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 03:40:04 AM

Looks like price per gh is now down to 0.01644718 BTC. Still pretty unprofitable

There were others. There was one called gpu something. The owners always stole the money and ran.

Fuck ghashio

greenlion

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:27:53 AM

Definitely a losing deal unless you magically make money day trading GH/s themselves.

The organization itself can dump as much hashing power as they want on the market making you a perpetual bag-holder.

They've basically invented a business model where they can be in perpetual IPO mode and constantly create new shares.

They don't even need to actually have the hardware to back all the GH/s they issue, because the market price they can dump into is always higher than that amount of GH/s will ever mine until the end of time. They could in principle operate as a Ponzi for a long time without anyone noticing it, as long as there are sufficient people willing to hook up to Ghash.io to make its total hashrate look plausible, because the immediate BTC sale of any GH/s they dump onto the market will pay off any simulated mining earning plus generate a profit.
BenAnh

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 04:35:17 AM

If you're trading and not making profits, only losses then this means someone is making a profit. So it's not the system but it's you! Where do you think the money go?
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2014, 04:51:51 AM

If you're trading and not making profits, only losses then this means someone is making a profit. So it's not the system but it's you! Where do you think the money go?

The owner and ponzi tops

greenlion

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:16:18 AM

This is potentially even crazier and more sustainable than your run of the mill Ponzi.

The GH/s prices in BTC have always supported more than enough to pay what that amount of hashing power would generate until the end of time. I'd even go so far as to say it's stupid and unnecessary to even really have the hashing power in the first place, or at least start out with some and just start selling ficticious GH/s.

In the traditional Ponzi setup, the revenue of new investors is required to pay off older investors. If this kind of scheme decided to go Ponzi, they don't even need the revenue of new investors, because the buy-and-hold GH/s buyer is basically locking into giving the hosting company a loan with negative interest. It doesn't even matter how the buyer behaves because by putting new GH/s on the market, the revenue already takes care of all future "mining" revenue payments no matter how it changes hands, so long as it's always possible to sell new GH/s above total BTC ROI on that hashing power.

The only way a scheme like that would start falling apart is if difficulty leveled off such that the GH/s prices at any given time were actually discounted compared to projected mining revs.
barruka

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:49:18 AM

What do you think about actual CEX price GHS/BTC aprox. 0.016 ?
flounderella

Activity: 350

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 02:09:02 PM

What do you think about actual CEX price GHS/BTC aprox. 0.016 ?

Approx $10 per GH! Assuming the GH is even REAL, its a losing deal with difficulty rising every two weeks.

For comparison, an Antminer S1 will get you $3 per GH.
greenlion

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 08:39:10 PM

A price of 0.016 per gigahash breaks even within about a year if you assume that difficulty only averages about 10% per retargeting, and by the end of that year you're mining only a matter of satoshis per jump.

That's simply not going to happen. Slightly more realistic but still fantasy-world optimistic assumptions show that even if jumps only average about 20%, you're still talking maybe 0.01 total ever.
hunter001

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 04:18:07 PM

+100

BigBoy89
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 24, 2014, 06:40:17 PM

no profit at all when you invest in cex.io
even after 1 year you never get ROI
Do you guys realize the CEX.io contact address is on Threadneedle Street?

The Bank of England is also on Threadneedle Street and it came to power as a central bank by buying all the Kings currency out of circulation (royal tally sticks).

Must watch video to educate yourself about the City of London not being London!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrObZ_HZZUc

Even the Queen of England has to get their permission before she can visit that's how powerful they are!

You don't know the power of the dark side!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onhFH7jpq2c

Wink
i even just know it form you
thanks for information Grin

.AMEPAY.
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
│▌
       AMEPAY IEO       
▄██████▄ ▀██████▄
█████████  ▀█████
███████▀     ▀███
██████▀  ▄█▄  ▀██
██████▄  ▀█▀  ▄██
███████▄     ▄███
█████████  ▄█████
▀██████▀ ▄██████▀
   AMEPAY LISTING   
   ▐███▄
   ████▌
▐██████████▄
████████████
 ████▌  █████
▐████  ▄████
██████████▀
 ▀█████▀▀
▐│
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
hungpham

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 11:07:43 AM

the price is down and down agian Sad
semik

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 07:11:03 PM

the price is down and down agian Sad

Down? 27.3. was price 0.0105 and now is 0.0114, I've covered my loses from past two weeks and I'm at zero balance now. A time to quit I guess Smiley But I'm still curious about reasons for growing. Maybe it's related to bitcoin price loses...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: