Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:41:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: HOW MUCH will Bitcoin go down ?  (Read 3815 times)
fixxi.net (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 10:12:53 AM

Saw bitcoin is 750 USD right now. How much you guys think it will go down and stabilize to.

Also how long the stabilization period you think will last before the next jump.

EvilPanda

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 10:53:44 AM

Saw bitcoin is 750 USD right now. How much you guys think it will go down and stabilize to.

Also how long the stabilization period you think will last before the next jump.

It has already been down, now it's time to go up. You see the jump happening right now and ask how long before the next?
P.S. This should be in speculation.

iPaulito

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

1EDwkxCjCMGGNQqZdxa8FwheMHXSoQe4TU

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:01:07 AM

There is nothing for sure but we will probably not get under those $400 low ever. If BTC is banned by all countries we will look to 0 of course. Last news being overstock.com with 5M unique visitors daily!!! Will begin accepting BTC. If you did not buy 400-500 are the best prices you will probably get
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:38:11 AM

It can go down below the $400 levels. If there is a massive sell-off in China, then it can even return to the pre-China boom levels. A lot of BTC is still stuck with BTC China, with people unable to withdraw to CNY. 
granathus

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:11:31 PM

It can go down below the $400 levels. If there is a massive sell-off in China, then it can even return to the pre-China boom levels. A lot of BTC is still stuck with BTC China, with people unable to withdraw to CNY. 

They are not unable to withdraw CNY, they are unable to deposit fresh CNY to the exchange.
esse83

Activity: 545

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:13:29 PM

They are not unable to withdraw CNY, they are unable to deposit fresh CNY to the exchange.

They can withdraw until 31. january, then neither are possible.

“Bitcoin is wild and crazy investment that I’m diversifying out of all the time,” - Gavin Andresen
steelboy

Activity: 756
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:27:05 PM

Where is this info from? I have not heard that
bassclef

Activity: 924

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:28:25 PM

Truth is nobody knows. Whatever you do, don't listen to anybody on this forum.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:32:29 PM

Remember, it will go way up. Eventually. Someday.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
knightcoin

Activity: 238

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:40:07 PM

//# HOW MUCH will Bitcoin can go down ?

Zero ( zero; BrE: /ˈzɪərəʊ/ or AmE: /ˈziːroʊ/ ) ... nap

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:11:44 PM

Hmm the walls at 400-550 on Gox and stamp look pretty convincing. I remember thinking the same thing after the 575 bottom too though.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:21:28 PM

The charts of the two big USD exchanges suggest that a sort of double bottom has formed (at least in Bitcoin terms), which is kind of bullish.

The BTC China charts however, suggest that there is another heavy slam dunk to come.

BTC China is leading this market.

I have heavy buy-in tranches set up between $100 - $230, but also have capital ready should the market correct back down to around the $400 level, and show that it is ready to spring back up again.

If anyone considers a $100 - $200 buy in tranche to be a bit crazy, just think how you would have thought about a $380 buy in tranche just 14 days ago, it would have been impossible, right?

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:22:59 PM

//# HOW MUCH will Bitcoin can go down ?

Zero ( zero; BrE: /ˈzɪərəʊ/ or AmE: /ˈziːroʊ/ ) ... nap
That can only happen if and only if the protocol is broken. That is very unlikely. Someone somewhere will always mine, and someone somewhere will always covet bitcoins. Even if a New Coke comes out, some folks will always want the one and only original.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:35:06 PM

The charts of the two big USD exchanges suggest that a sort of double bottom has formed (at least in Bitcoin terms), which is kind of bullish.

The BTC China charts however, suggest that there is another heavy slam dunk to come.

BTC China is leading this market.

I have heavy buy-in tranches set up between $100 - $230, but also have capital ready should the market correct back down to around the $400 level, and show that it is ready to spring back up again.

If anyone considers a $100 - $200 buy in tranche to be a bit crazy, just think how you would have thought about a $380 buy in tranche just 14 days ago, it would have been impossible, right?
I'm not sure about this double bottom:

Crash 1:
Gox: 570
Bit stamp: 550
Btce: 550

Crash 2:
Gox: 455
Bit stamp: 375
Btce: 420

The difference between 550 and 375 on stamp is huge. That's a 32% loss. Maybe you should be looking at this on a log scale. In comparison, the double bottom in April was 55 and 50, which are only 10% apart.

What I am impressed with, though, is the volume. There was a big volume increase on the second crash in western exchanges. Btce alone did 150k. This would suggest that the next crash might be the double bottom.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:41:03 PM

Truth is nobody knows. Whatever you do, don't listen to anybody on this forum.

+1

hahaha, if so don't take this advice!
Or my advice just now!

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
esse83

Activity: 545

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:54:08 PM

Where is this info from? I have not heard that

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-12-18/btc-china-says-it-can-t-accept-new-deposits-for-bitcoin-trading.html

“The PBOC statement on Dec. 5 was somewhat vague and there is more clarity now,” Zennon Kapron, managing director of financial consultancy Kapronasia, said in an interview yesterday in Shanghai. “The way it’s reading now is that after the Chinese New Year, you won’t be able to get your money off the platforms.”

After all, they did stop deposits right away, so what else can the deadline be about than withdrawals. But I guess its possible that Im wrong.. but I would not keep my money there after 31. of january.

“Bitcoin is wild and crazy investment that I’m diversifying out of all the time,” - Gavin Andresen
MatTheCat

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:06:11 PM

I'm really interested in hearing the rationale behind "BTCChina is leading this market".

oh, I dunno, small things like BTC China being at least $100 ahead on the way up, $100 dollars lower than anywhere else on the way down. The fact that BTC has exploded on positive Chinese government/ PBOC statements, and imploded on the negative ones.

Tell you what....you continue to look at what is happening on LocalBitcoins or wherever you think the market is bieng made, and I will keep looking to China, and we will see how we both get on.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
MatTheCat

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:19:52 PM

You are saying it was leading the market during the rally and the crash. I agree with that.

I'm talking about the recent run up. I don't see any evidence that China is leading anymore. The bad news in China may have permanently changed things, or at least put the ball in a different court for the time being.

I don't know what I said to make you so angry with me... I think you must have misinterpreted something.

Edit: I can tell you in advance how I will "get on". I don't day trade Bitcoin regardless of what I talk about in the speculation forum. As much as I would love to do my part to even out some of these spikes, I don't trust a single exchange with fiat or bitcoins. I've learned over the past few years that when there is a massive run up in the exchange rate, there is going to be a strong correction. If you wait long enough, in most cases you will be able to make a winning trade. Yet, there are a few cases where you would have been left in the dust, and those are the ones I would like to avoid (should there ever be an exchange which I trust with my money).

Possibly I have a hyperphobic intolerance of anyone who disagrees with what I think. Something I need to work on perhaps.

But I certainly wasn't angry at you. If was, I would have swore at you and insulted you. I seem to be able to do that on this forum without getting banned....its great!

MatTheCat

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:27:16 PM

China certainly doesn't seem to be leading at the time of this post.

Edit: Well after every other exchange pushed down, China gave in and followed.

Edit2: It looks like every other exchange is following Gox at the moment.

Edit3: Definitely Gox.

yeah, ok, Gox leads for the last 20 minutes.

What time is it in Beijing at the moment?

I know what side of the fence I am sitting on. You are free to place your bets wherever u wish.

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:18:32 PM

BITCOIN IS GOING FOR A PLUMMET AGAIN HODL OR SODL!!!!

(we want cheap coinz!!!! Cheesy)

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: