Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 06:38:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2000$ to invest, right now?  (Read 2830 times)
rglinvest (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:24:03 AM

Hi! I have opportunity to buy Bitcoin miner Butterfly Labs SC 60GH for about 2000$, do you guys think this is good investment right now?
It's better to mine before march 2014 or wait til new stuff will be available to buy? OR just buy BTC? I am little fresh for this topic but digging knowledge right now?
What is your opinion?
lex1977

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:25:58 AM

Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:34:49 AM

I have heard buying rather than mining is the way to go
But lots more knledgeable people on dis forum who can help

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
ss7

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:35:26 AM

Any current mining gear really isn't a good investment.

A 60GH miner might, possibly, be able to generate you somewhere in the region of 0.05BTCs per day, but that is only at the current mining difficulty level.  However the difficulty level is rising at a rapid rate - it's generally over 20% more difficult to mine every two weeks, and of course this rise is exponential.

The raw maths says that even without an increase in difficulty it would take over two months for you to earn your money back at the current exchange rate.  Factor in the difficulty rising and that gets pushed out much longer.  Plus when the next generation of ASIC miners come along the difficulty rate will likely take a big step up.

Unless you're getting a guaranteed instant delivery of this 60GH miner you will struggle to break even, let alone earn a profit.
dg2010

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 11:39:39 AM

Buying mining hardware is a fools game, sorry. The only guys who made real money on asics got in on day 1 and mined before the rest of the mugs were able to turn their units on. The rest that made money, only made it because they mined and stashed their coins whilst waiting for the uptick in price. In which case you are better off investing $2k directly into Bitcoin.

Some people who don't pay for their power might say otherwise, and yes if you have zero power charge mining may be profitable in the long term if it can sit there for 12+ months and not cost a penny to run but that is not the norm. Most people have to pay for their power.
nette

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:55:51 PM

Maybe you shuold inves that cash into dogecoin. Check the last stats. It has best growth in the last days. Since today it's on the vicurex Smiley
GB2000

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:59:15 PM

I would get it ready in a payment method from which an exchanger could change you the money instantly and wait for another crash.
Jmattes

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:04:12 PM

I agree with the guys above that you have a better chance to make money in an investment then in a Bitcoin Miner..

Even mining LTC is starting to be a bad investment unless you want a gaming rig in a month or so..

Good Luck!
Leahcim

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 01:05:46 PM

Hi,

check out -> http://minr.info
You will notice, that butterfly labs has the worst money/GH ration in the list.

Bye
Michael
Kasandra

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:11:09 PM

I would invest in NXT instead of buying asics.

Lisk.io - Dapp & Sidechain Platform
icem3lter

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:20:39 PM

Hi! I have opportunity to buy Bitcoin miner Butterfly Labs SC 60GH for about 2000$, do you guys think this is good investment right now?

It is very high price. Butterfly Labs offered this SC 60GH for preorder for about this price one year ago when difficulty was 500x lower. You had to receive this months ago to profit a bit

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:22:35 PM

Just buy Bitcoins directly.
iPaulito

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

1EDwkxCjCMGGNQqZdxa8FwheMHXSoQe4TU

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:51:07 PM

It's better to mine before march 2014 or wait til new stuff will be available to buy? OR just buy BTC? I am little fresh for this topic but digging knowledge right now?
What is your opinion?
Do not go with buterffly labs, use search function to find out more. If you want to mine, go for scrypt altcoins and mine the most profitable ones selling them right away for BTC http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency. Or the best solution is to buy either BTC, or LTC - this should be the safest bet or slightly more safe putting it into NMC, XPM, PPC or curecoin
server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:52:43 PM

Just buy Bitcoins directly.

+1

infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:53:48 PM

It's prolly better to wait intill a brand new stuff be available then buy it, Rglinvest.
maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:02:18 PM

Buy the bitcoins, forget about mining

lekoles

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:04:29 PM

Hello guys I am a newbie with this mining hardware.

I understand well and i have done some research about the actual mining. So the difficulity rate goes up.
Now I am looking to buy the new terraminer IV with its 2000 GH/s. I am thinking of buying 2 at once
that will be somewhere around 10k. Will it take long to get ur ROI? Can someone help me out because I
searched alot and made some calculations and with the current bitcoinrate I should be able to get my investment
back in somewhere around a month or maybe 2. Somebody have some decent advise for me?

I thank everybody sincerly for helping me out!
ooTiGeRoo

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:00:25 PM

Use this calculator to see if it's worth it.

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com

Also take into account how long it'll take to get to you and setting it up to mine.

I dumped $7k into building my rigs. I would've made more if I just bought $7k worth of coins. Plus my electricity bills are $3k per quarter. So yeah, I'd buy coins instead.

Hope that helps. =)
honky1492

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:04:51 PM

Hello guys I am a newbie with this mining hardware.

I understand well and i have done some research about the actual mining. So the difficulity rate goes up.
Now I am looking to buy the new terraminer IV with its 2000 GH/s. I am thinking of buying 2 at once
that will be somewhere around 10k. Will it take long to get ur ROI? Can someone help me out because I
searched alot and made some calculations and with the current bitcoinrate I should be able to get my investment
back in somewhere around a month or maybe 2. Somebody have some decent advise for me?

I thank everybody sincerly for helping me out!

1st It is preorder
2nd Mining difficulty increases over time

Do you factor both these things in your calculation ?
BigShot

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:05:39 PM

If I were you, I wouldn't mind bitcoin. I'd mine either dogecoin or worldcoin. Both of those are new and seem decently promising for price increase in the future.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: