Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 10:03:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2000$ to invest, right now?  (Read 2830 times)
rglinvest (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:08:43 PM

Thanks everyone for reply every post is eye opening, for me electricity is included in rent so not the problem, but for simple calculation 60GH will mine from 650$ to 500$ monthly and I can have this from second hand like even today, but as most of You say, its not a good idea.
What I think is, now price of BTC is high, when those ASIC companies will start to sell they equipment, they will also starts to sell BTC and the price can drop, only after some time when they gonna sold some BTC and when Difficulty Factor will be high as hell, price of BTC can jump to sky, because of lack of miners. Think... now who have 300GH is making money, in 3 months most of those miners will have 3TH, so what about those people with 1-2GH? They will be like 337MH right now.
Somebody agree with those thoughts?
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:35:36 PM

Think... now who have 300GH is making money, in 3 months most of those miners will have 3TH, so what about those people with 1-2GH? They will be like 337MH right now.
Somebody agree with those thoughts?

Yes, mining is crazy business, you need faster and faster miners to keep mining the same amount of Bitcoins as time goes on.
lekoles

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:12:38 PM

Use this calculator to see if it's worth it.

http://mining.thegenesisblock.com

Also take into account how long it'll take to get to you and setting it up to mine.

I dumped $7k into building my rigs. I would've made more if I just bought $7k worth of coins. Plus my electricity bills are $3k per quarter. So yeah, I'd buy coins instead.

Hope that helps. =)

Nice site u have given me thanks alot! I will do some more research before buying it.
wanchongshan2

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:16:38 PM

I would suggest to buy btc directly
RussianYeti

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:30:50 PM

I would suggest to buy btc directly

+1, You won't regret it Smiley
falsealarm_bf

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:35:27 PM

When the comparison is between outdated hardware and buying at low, there is no question. Buy BTC or better yet, get into one of the alternate coins.
btcmonster

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:41:05 PM

buy now instead of the mining !! u will get ur money back in fiat after mining but investing in bitcoin would make a lot bigger profits Smiley
TheJohnno

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 08:57:56 PM

I think the best advice is to buy bitcoin and hold - or if you feel you up to trading when its so volatile no reason not to try your luck... I am sure you can make money mining too but right now I am trying to hold bitcoin, trade where it makes sense and minimize my losses which is quite an effort considering how volatile/insane the markets are right now... Smiley Just my two cents worth Smiley I'm using two different bots - one on btc-e for btc trading (against the dollar) and one on cryptsy for trading all the crypto currencies there (to build my equity in BTC, LTC and XPM)...
vadoff

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 09:49:08 PM

I would stay away from mining preorders. Anyone who preordered mining gear actually LOST profit compared to if they had just bought bitcoins - they only made back 4x their money compared to say 10x.

Additionally, the difficult for bitcoins is going through the roof. Even if current mining gear is profitable now, a month later and you'll be earning half as much.

New mining gear poses an even worse problem, as not only will the difficulty rise exponentially by the time you get the preorder, but it will be further expounded by the influx of new ASIC miners that release around the same time.
Verduveltje

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 10:06:23 PM

Hi rglinvest,

Just buy the BTC, maybe even better: split the 2000$ and buy BTC / LTC (70% / 30%). Because LTC might be coming to MtGox and other exchanges soon (or someday), which will boost its value.

The ROI for your 2000$ Buttefly Labs SC 60GH is 13.17 weeks at the current difficulty and exchange rate (637.38$/BTC).
This is without any power cost, so just the miner. Besides that, butterfly labs doesn't seem to deliver fast... prepare to wait a month for your order to arive.

So my advice: invest wisely and split between BTC and LTC.

Kind regards,
Verduveltje
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 10:13:03 PM

Most secure seems to buy Bitcoin as most recommending. Mining is very uncertain, a lot of new miners might start mining early next year
rglinvest (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:38:10 PM

Thanks for advise, Now I can see that LTC topic is more fresh than BTC. It's looks like buying gpu's to mine LTC is better investment to mine, in worst case You will have nice gaming equipment, or just sell it with little lose(didn't see to much of ASIC for LTC).In my country mining is not so popular so graphic cards looks cheap. I will try to buy some coins, but mining looks like fun, a lot of people just mining for hobby, but in some days it can be very value.
jonanon

Activity: 154

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:50:18 PM

If you were interested in mining as a hobby - not just a way to get coins - I would try mining some alt coins that can be converted to BTC. If you're purely in it for investment then just buy the coins.
TheJohnno

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:46:24 PM

From what I can see it DOES look like BUYING and trading is the way to go right now rather than mining - unless you want to spend a fortune on hardware and electricity...

I'm 24/7 trading btc on one exchange and cross-trading all cryptos on another - where I am building (hopefully) my holdings of btc/ltc/xpm - you can trade these three against all the others and increase your holdings of them...

The only one I am not sure on long term is xpm - its definitely more stable than btc and ltc but I don't know if it is going to ''sky rocket'' upwards either Smiley
mulatti101

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:28:51 PM

I Recommend to invest in NXT this coin will have amazing features in the future, read more from https://nextcoin.org/index.php.
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 10:14:11 AM

Here is a low risk solution: http://thecoinjournal.com/post/75266162567/how-to-make-more-money-with-bitcoin

ThomasZ80

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:00:21 PM

I would also suggest NXT coin. And reserve your amount of NEM Coin.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:11:38 PM

IMHO, you should directly buy bitcoin Smiley
bitbitz

Activity: 163

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:53:58 PM

Just buy some btc. And some other coins such as litecoin.
ltcifc

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 05:43:08 PM

Buy Infinitecoin today and sell them next week with at least 50% profit.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: