Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:55:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with API Trader  (Read 450 times)
Jmattes (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:56:35 PM

Hey Guys,

I am new to the community and would like some help.

I have been mining LTC for the last few weeks and have around 25 coins. I got some onto the exchange and started "day trading" without much luck.
I noticed that people were using the API system and had orders processed automatically.

I picked up a trail of butter bot and understand it is no a "day trader" program, but a long term invest.
So far it hasn't made any good trades and I am wondering if there is something better to use or if I just should do it manually.

I am a new member so I can't yet post in the butter bot thread for advise, but figured I may as well start here.

Thanks!
eronyx

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:03:52 PM

I started a thread on programming for some bots - let's see if it comes ok Smiley you can check it in few weeks, who knows

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=378587.0

but you need to know one thing - if you are going into trading one way or another this is long term investment, if you want short term results then you might as well gamble

the logic is simple - if you go short term then you would like also to go again short term , more and more till you end up with a big loss you can not afford, as they call it - newbie experience Smiley  so take there

for now I could recommend to try it manually , you need the API if you want 24/7 trading, but so far for testing purposes you could give it a try manually
infinitybo

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:40:50 PM

Hey Jmattes, we are our own best advocates therefore you can just "day trading" manually.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: