Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 12:09:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: identifying the next dogecoin  (Read 1591 times)
cryptonomicoin (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:53:26 PM

if anyone has any insight as to the key elements of dogecoin's success, i would be rather grateful.  its' catchiness as a meme?  perhaps the vocal support of particular people (i.e., the creators themselves, or key bitcointalk members?)  

or maybe the rate at which coins are created, exploiting the effect of deflating currency on exchange rates?  or a mixture of all of them, plus some secret sauce?

would be cool to invest in a similar coin before it blows up.  thanks!   Grin  
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:59:56 PM

if anyone has any insight as to the key elements of dogecoin's success, i would be rather grateful.  its' catchiness as a meme?  perhaps the vocal support of particular people (i.e., the creators themselves, or key bitcointalk members?)  would be cool to invest in a similar coin before it blows up.  thanks!   Grin 

It might have something to do with the unoriginal simpletons who think it's funny to keep repeating wow such profit.

The next dogecoin will be boxxycoin or lolcatcoin.
andyrays

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:09:44 PM

Hi. Have you any link about this dogecoin's success?
mireal

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:16:47 PM

if anyone has any insight as to the key elements of dogecoin's success, i would be rather grateful.  its' catchiness as a meme?  perhaps the vocal support of particular people (i.e., the creators themselves, or key bitcointalk members?)  would be cool to invest in a similar coin before it blows up.  thanks!   Grin 

It might have something to do with the unoriginal simpletons who think it's funny to keep repeating wow such profit.

The next dogecoin will be boxxycoin or lolcatcoin.
many mean
wow

On a more serious note, it is pretty newbie friendly and the community was much more lighter than it's "competitors". There were %100 more newbie friendly guides out there, in it's first day, compared to any other crypto currencies lol.
sarcasticry

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:39:08 PM

I think there will be a steady stream of dogecoin clones in the near future. Not that doge is a pump and dump, but the lifecycle of these types of coins encourages people to get in early and promote the tits off their coins. Question is what is next?
gongster

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:46:38 PM

Dogecoin will be toast after the first 100,000 blocks because there will be so many coins on the network I think that the supply will overweigh the demand bringing down prices. The only thing that drives value is hype. Maybe you should have a look at billioncoin Smiley
yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:49:23 PM

I think there will be a steady stream of dogecoin clones in the near future. Not that doge is a pump and dump, but the lifecycle of these types of coins encourages people to get in early and promote the tits off their coins. Question is what is next?

Dogecoin clones? Isn't Dogecoin already a clone along with practically all the other altcoins? Instead of wondering what the next flash in the pan coins are, maybe help promote or get involved with an established one that has long term goals instead.
goofylookingbastard

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:59:11 PM

From what I can tell (From someone who saw much of the sillier side of bitcoin early on) the lack of seriousness and almost 'play money' sense is making it easier for people to get friends and family in on the madness.  Reddit and the madness of tipping, tipping high profile redditors to get them in on the shenanigans, and one of the tip bots awarding some dogecoin based on an accounts Karma score (the meaningless points of reddit given meaning) have undoubtedly helped.
reannypleas

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:07:55 PM

if anyone has any insight as to the key elements of dogecoin's success

A lot of money put to pump the coin. Obviously you cannot known how much money the developer(s) have for this stage, some altcoins just hope normal people buy the coins, thats why not big growth

timmylee

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:16:53 PM

crazy new currency, whos going to use the currency on their store or anything. its silly!
InCreD1Ble

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:27:53 PM

Sad
yatsey87

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:52:53 PM

crazy new currency, whos going to use the currency on their store or anything. its silly!

"Do you accept dogecoins?"
dogewhat?

Yes, it's silly and a stupid joke that got out of hand.
mashac

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:59:50 PM

dogewhat?

Four years ago........

crazy new currency, whos going to use the currency on their store or anything.it's silly

"Do you accept bitcoins?"
bitwhat?

Yes, it's silly and a stupid idea that got out of hand.

see the pattern....?  keep whining haters.. Grin
yatsey87

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:04:23 PM

dogewhat?

Four years ago........

crazy new currency, whos going to use the currency on their store or anything.it's silly

bitwhat?

I see your point, but dogecoin? Seriously. Let's see if people are still talking about Dogecoin in four years time, or if you can even buy anything with it.
majorX

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:07:47 PM

dogewhat?

Four years ago........

bitwhat?

Cheesy
Good luck if you really think it is so easy. BTW why you choose doge when there are hundreds other altcoins? Because of one week of incredible growth ?  Smiley
coffemix

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:11:00 PM

dunt know, but their forum is nice and clear
so easy to start know the coin doge
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:11:29 PM

dogewhat?

Four years ago........

bitwhat?

Cheesy
Good luck if you really think it is so easy. BTW why you choose doge when there are hundreds other altcoins? Because of one week of incredible growth ?  Smiley

I'm sure it'll have months of incredible staleness when people get tired of the joke.
BigShot

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:19:24 PM

I'm very happy dogecoin came around. I've always known about bitcoins and how it works, but never have I been inclined to mine them myself. With dogecoins, it's more about fun rather than money. Now that DogeCoin has started me mining, I'm going to keep with it and keep mining past dogecoin's fame. I think dogecoin has invited a lot of new people to mining cryptocurrencies and it seems a lot less intimidating for people.
kuverty

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:23:01 PM

dogewhat?

Now it's a funny joke when it has a market cap of millions. How is that not really funny?
yatsey87

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:25:30 PM

dogewhat?

Now it's a funny joke when it has a market cap of millions. How is that not really funny?

I still don't think that's funny  Cheesy
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: