Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:06:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: identifying the next dogecoin  (Read 1591 times)
brokeminer

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:12:00 PM

DOGE is ridiculous. I can't believe how much attention it's getting, attention that is overshadowing other innovative coins. Perhaps if its popularity continues they can drop the meme, change the name, and focus on mainstream acceptance? Not sure if that's technically possible. The absolute worst, most embarrassing thing about DOGE is that... I have some  Undecided
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:21:22 PM

DOGE is ridiculous. I can't believe how much attention it's getting, attention that is overshadowing other innovative coins. Perhaps if its popularity continues they can drop the meme, change the name, and focus on mainstream acceptance? Not sure if that's technically possible. The absolute worst, most embarrassing thing about DOGE is that... I have some  Undecided

Why would they drop the name? The name and the meme behind it is the only reason anybody even bothers with this coin.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:26:39 PM

the name/meme i guess.

even though i don't own any of these coins and i seriously doubt their long-term value i did consider mining some because the short-term value may be pretty high. Even i had to laugh when i saw the name (just like BBQcoin)

it's just popular for the meme really.
brokeminer

Activity: 41

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:34:48 PM

Why would they drop the name? The name and the meme behind it is the only reason anybody even bothers with this coin.

I suppose if it's just for short-term speculative gains, they wouldn't. But if they have any intention of it succeeding as an actual currency, they would have to. Since it started as a joke perhaps there is no intention for long-term support.
ridim89

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:38:39 PM

The next dogecoin will be billioncoin Cool
honky1492

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:48:18 PM

As long as someone pays for my GPU time I dont care how the coin name is. Hopefully this situation will last long
MethMatician

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:59:08 PM

ever read the dogecoin?
[DOGE] DogeCoin: very scrypt     such random    much profit    wow    many coin!
coin is pushed so hard i guess this coin wont last.. unfortunatly other (more steady) alts coins will pay the price of short term vision of the croud

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: