Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 08:43:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I've never seen such shit as Cryptsy  (Read 1157 times)
getwork (OP)

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:32:04 PM

Here is the place you can say what you are thinking about this crew of duffers...
spud3861

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:47:16 PM

I'm generally happy with it. Sometimes slow, but I wouldn't go anywhere else right now.

TB2YQ4-H73NTI-V3UVRT-WFAJXR-BUSECT-XE4A4L-27FY
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:49:56 PM

all fine there, just don't make 1k move at the same time, like deposit plus open a sell/buy order, and other shit
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:00:47 PM

Sorry for those having support issues.

Latest stats
We have had 65742 new customers register in the past 26 days
- That being 2528 new users a day.
- We have hired a ton of new support gotta get them up to speed training doesn't happen in a day.
We did 243,000 trades yesterday.
- Compared to our average 40,000 trades prior to the 24th of November.
- We have made significant improvements to many aspects of the operation and continue to do more.

What I can tell you
We will get to your issue.
You will get your coins.
Your coins are safe.

There is a ton of Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt (FUD) spreading out there.
We have had some problems from growth. We will get them fixed.
We have made serious reinvestment into our people, equipment and product and intend to make it as our users demand.

Hope that eases some minds.
digitalindustry

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

‘Try to be nice’

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 04:09:02 PM

Latest stats
- We have hired a ton of new support gotta get them up to speed training doesn't happen in a day.
- We have made significant improvements to many aspects of the operation and continue to do more.

What I can tell you
You will get your coins.
Your coins are safe.

We have made serious reinvestment into our people, equipment and product and intend to make it as our users demand.

I just hope that when my account delved into negative that it was legit ?

its not a confidence booster ?   I sold to "settle up"  - but how do i know ?

- Twitter @Kolin_Quark
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:14:29 PM

It makes sense to be honest, the huge rise in cryptocurrency prices was a result of an influx of new users and new fiat into the system. A lot of the exchanges have been put under a lot of strain, the trick is to spread your chips and support some of the other platforms in order to balance the load.
callawey

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:20:02 PM

Latest stats

What I can tell you
You will get your coins.
Your coins are safe.

Its soo easy to stop issues.

"There being 2528 new users a day" is not something to argue over the issues. If you have issues, overload which totaly affects other areas of the system, than your first priority must be stop taking new users, order new hardware, upgrade etc. Than say, we have increased our system stability, now we can take 5k more users, than close it again, upgrade do again....

When you keep taking users while the system f. up, you can not do a defensive argument.

Do you see this:

Code:
Date	                        Type	Deposit Address	                                        Amount	        Confirmations
2013-12-20 01:15:33 DOGE DDk54CaTvbm5xKQ4FCTHAbNZdPCj4zURRo 27570.43343641 582
2013-12-20 08:30:34 DOGE DDk54CaTvbm5xKQ4FCTHAbNZdPCj4zURRo 11243.95180624 393
2013-12-20 08:30:38 DOGE DDk54CaTvbm5xKQ4FCTHAbNZdPCj4zURRo 19004.40478397 233

and still pending, i cant do cross trades, i cant do anything, if prices falls down i cant sell anything, will you pay my lose ? this DOGE is just a small issue for example, many coins are stucked and you cant do a little thing.

You cant argue yourself to make sense, there is nothing that can make sense, you are continuning to take new users, you are opening new coins while every corner of your system is in error mode.

In business, if there is a problem, stop taking new users, fix the problem, do upgrade, re-open registiration. Even you can limit tradings for a day, but this way, what ever you do, system will continue to work as hell

Lala

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:36:48 PM

Some people here need to understand their situation and stop being so forceful. I also get disappointed when my deposits take a while, but this doesn't help.
getwork (OP)

Activity: 321

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:51:59 AM

Cryptsy kills people enthusiasm which affects cryproindustry at all...you guys have to make what you can do better, I am sure there is a field where you can do your best but it i s not the exchange bussiness.
Sorry, you have to bring out your heads from your deep dark holes at last!
lira

Activity: 94

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 08:57:42 AM

Cryptsy - The best crypto-exchange with best support!!
 Never have a problem!

hvezdasmrti

Activity: 797
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:02:27 AM

another topic about craptsy...

craptsy: we hold your coins until they lose their value
craptsy: if the power in verns garage wents out, we are down
craptsy: one man show, as frontend decent UI, as backend 1 excel file and 1 Pentium 133Mhz with wallets

And yeah, i use sometimes craptsy no matter that. Why? Because i am sentimental and market depth at other exchanges is still poor.

In Pump and Dump we trust.
lonesoul

Activity: 308

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:05:26 AM

Latest stats

What I can tell you
You will get your coins.
Your coins are safe.

Its soo easy to stop issues.

"There being 2528 new users a day" is not something to argue over the issues. If you have issues, overload which totaly affects other areas of the system, than your first priority must be stop taking new users, order new hardware, upgrade etc. Than say, we have increased our system stability, now we can take 5k more users, than close it again, upgrade do again....

When you keep taking users while the system f. up, you can not do a defensive argument.

Do you see this:

Code:
Date	                        Type	Deposit Address	                                        Amount	        Confirmations
2013-12-20 01:15:33 DOGE DDk54CaTvbm5xKQ4FCTHAbNZdPCj4zURRo 27570.43343641 582
2013-12-20 08:30:34 DOGE DDk54CaTvbm5xKQ4FCTHAbNZdPCj4zURRo 11243.95180624 393
2013-12-20 08:30:38 DOGE DDk54CaTvbm5xKQ4FCTHAbNZdPCj4zURRo 19004.40478397 233

and still pending, i cant do cross trades, i cant do anything, if prices falls down i cant sell anything, will you pay my lose ? this DOGE is just a small issue for example, many coins are stucked and you cant do a little thing.

You cant argue yourself to make sense, there is nothing that can make sense, you are continuning to take new users, you are opening new coins while every corner of your system is in error mode.

In business, if there is a problem, stop taking new users, fix the problem, do upgrade, re-open registiration. Even you can limit tradings for a day, but this way, what ever you do, system will continue to work as hell

if they close the site in a time of peak interest they lose those users to other sites, regardless of the date of fix - people stick with what they know, if they know no better than cryptsy then they will put up with the problems. but if you saw what it was like a few weeks ago you would of seen just what happens when the load really hits the servers - the last couple of days have been a touch slow but that will be resolved with additional resources.

dont use DOGE as an example for taking ages to arrive, that has always been the case for me on every exchange, the coin just seems to take a lot of confirmations - also DONT SELL EARLY!  if you are holding DOGE coins i think i would keep them tucked away - I dumped my NetCoins early and they took another jump today - i get $500 2 months ago, today i would of had $200,000 from them! so dont rush! trade with your head not with your heart. (otherwise learn the hard was like me lol)

give cryptsy some time though, it is improving.

Please click this link-> https://mcxnow.com/?r=Stuartnorth       (The link is a referral link, it costs you nothing, but provides a little bonus for me if you click through to the site. Please help feed my baby. Thanks :-) )
sang

Activity: 282

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 09:08:37 AM

Cryptsy has (or possibly had) a serious bug in the trading engine.

This is not an "oh stop whining over a slow deposit" issue. The trading engine was executing trades for values I did not specify.

I was trading CENT/XPM one night when the price was fluctuating between 5 and 6 satoshis. I placed buy trades at 5 and selling trades at 6. I did over 100 of these trades, keeping the browser on the same page the entire time. (Note: I did not change the values in the bid/ask price boxes once they were initially set at 5 and 6 - I only clicked the balance and Buy or Sell. This was not a case of fat fingering or confusing the prices.) Little did I know that Cryptsy was actually executing trades at those values and their inverse. So some buy trades executed at 5 and others executed at 6(!!). Some sells happened at 5 and others happened at 6.

This is a serious SERIOUS flaw. You simply cannot run an exchange that does not correctly honor the bid/ask prices that a user specifies. It defeats the entire legitimacy of the system.

Right now I have a -283 XPM. That night I had a 700+ XPM balance. I also have a 0.5 BTC balance on Cryptsy I cannot touch right now also.

I am not alone. Several other people had this same exactly thing happen to them that night. Hopefully they make their voice heard here as well.

BitJohn, can you please address this issue? We have been flooding you with emails/tickets/IRC PMs to little avail. Your flawed system owes us money.
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 10:01:48 AM

Cryptsy has (or possibly had) a serious bug in the trading engine.

This is not an "oh stop whining over a slow deposit" issue. The trading engine was executing trades for values I did not specify.

I was trading CENT/XPM one night when the price was fluctuating between 5 and 6 satoshis. I placed buy trades at 5 and selling trades at 6. I did over 100 of these trades, keeping the browser on the same page the entire time. (Note: I did not change the values in the bid/ask price boxes once they were initially set at 5 and 6 - I only clicked the balance and Buy or Sell. This was not a case of fat fingering or confusing the prices.) Little did I know that Cryptsy was actually executing trades at those values and their inverse. So some buy trades executed at 5 and others executed at 6(!!). Some sells happened at 5 and others happened at 6.

This is a serious SERIOUS flaw. You simply cannot run an exchange that does not correctly honor the bid/ask prices that a user specifies. It defeats the entire legitimacy of the system.

Right now I have a -283 XPM. That night I had a 700+ XPM balance. I also have a 0.5 BTC balance on Cryptsy I cannot touch right now also.

I am not alone. Several other people had this same exactly thing happen to them that night. Hopefully they make their voice heard here as well.

BitJohn, can you please address this issue? We have been flooding you with emails/tickets/IRC PMs to little avail. Your flawed system owes us money.

Yikes. Your problems are worse than mine.

I've got buy orders that never get picked up. I've had one buy order for DOGE at 25 satoshis and it's dropped below that 5x since IIRC. Order is still sitting there.

kaslo

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:45:16 PM

I agree with closing registrations - they need to get their shit together first. I've been waiting 36 hours so far for my coins to show up and missed at least 2 trading opportunities. That is if the trading engine would have even picked them up, often they just get skipped over.
fendlestick

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 12:51:29 PM

Cryptsy's approach is a reason why no non BTCe alt will be able to used for serious commerce.

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
o3u

Activity: 393

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:33:07 PM

Latest stats

What I can tell you
You will get your coins.
Your coins are safe.

I want my coins

I want my response

I've been told i'd get my coins but you wont acknowledge my issue correctly, i have screen shots, and tons of people with the issue.

740 XPM.
TO  ME.
fendlestick

Activity: 546

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 01:36:52 PM

Cryptsy are full of excuses and vanished coins, not much else.

20% OFF All Bondage - www.cryptosextoys.com
Affiliates Get 10% - Join
kaslo

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 11:01:13 PM

re: quote from BitJohn:

From me:

I'll be making a serious reinvestment elsewhere - it doesn't take 3 days to transfer coins, and still waiting for it to show up in my account. The moment it does show up I'll be pulling it out. If that ever happens.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: