Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi  (Read 491 times)
bosom (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 03:34:01 PM

I'm new here... It doesn't seem to let me post anywhere else, so I might as well make an introduction.

I started mining in April... LTC.  I mined until August and it was just too hot in Texas for me to keep my rigs going...   then my son had to have a surgery and I had to sell my hardware and coins to help fund it.

Then everything went sky high and I have been kicking myself ever since.   Now I'm trying to get back in, but of course hardware is almost impossible to find for reasonable prices right now.

Anyway... that's my story. 
GTminer

Activity: 7

View Profile
⇾ Re: Hi
December 20, 2013, 04:15:11 PM

Hi Bosom,

Yeah same here, newb to the boards and trying to get normal status. Man, I feel your pain about getting out the game, but you had priorities so its all good. And man, getting a GPU that has decent mining specs is about impossible. A buddy and I were somehow able to get the last 3 R9 290's that newegg had a few weeks ago. Everyone is getting in on LTC and scrypt based coins since ASICs are/will be dominating.

Good luck on getting a rig, I would recommend the R9 290, we are able to get 880 Kh/s per card with minimal tweaking.
bosom (OP)

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:33:33 PM

Yeah, I currently have one rig going with 3 280x, and then my 7970 and my wife's 7950.  I'd like to get some more going.. even the good motherboards for mining are pretty scarce.  I've got some more cards on backorder, I hoping to get them a little after Christmas so I can ramp up.
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 07:54:22 PM

You have to wait about 4 hours once you create a post, and by the way there is no reasonable price because of the competition.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: