Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:42:10 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptsy - What is the difference between Bitcon / Litecoin / XPM Markets?  (Read 645 times)
stepeato (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:46:59 PM

I understand the difference between the coins, but why are they grouped into different markets?  I assumed it was related to sha-256 or scrypt, but I would like to know for sure, and im betting that at least a couple other newbies are also confused on this issue. 

Thanks again,
Mike
cryptocap

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:19:11 PM

Youtube The Bitcoin Channel and watch the last coupe videos he has posted. Pretty informative for alt currencies.
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:25:23 PM

Because they are alternative currencies therefore grouped into different markets.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:40:50 PM

I understand the difference between the coins, but why are they grouped into different markets?  I assumed it was related to sha-256 or scrypt, but I would like to know for sure, and im betting that at least a couple other newbies are also confused on this issue. 

Thanks again,
Mike

The markets determine the currency you need to use to buy or what you receive when you sell. On the LTC-markets, you buy alt-coins with LTC and sell them for LTC, etc...

What the reasoning is behind which coins are added to which markets, I don't know.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: