Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:51:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If a mail bounces do you mark an ico as fraud  (Read 108 times)
sid_jain (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:29:16 AM

Hi guys lately i have been seeing that a few of the ico's have listed mailing addresses that never seem to receive any mails. i have made it a point ot mark these icos as frauds and dont even bother with them . What is your opinion about these icos which dont even bother to mail you back even if you have genuine inquiry .
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Javi_Anibarro

Activity: 1526
Merit: 282

tBTC - https://dapp.tbtc.network/

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:50:31 AM

first we should know what project it is and also public/audience reactions about that project.
there're many possibilities regarding that problem generally,but for me it can be considered as a fraud(most of it).
most of them were created just for show and did not bother to use it even once,
their only reason creating that project also to collect other people money without a lot of effort,we could see this many times before.
but,sometimes you will see something like this on an active project.
it can be happens because they got a ton of emails and do not have a sufficient people to reply it all.
(usually they will run a live interview with their audience,so people can ask them directly to solve this problem)
Afrizky R

Activity: 180

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 04:50:48 AM

Hi guys lately i have been seeing that a few of the ico's have listed mailing addresses that never seem to receive any mails. i have made it a point ot mark these icos as frauds and dont even bother with them . What is your opinion about these icos which dont even bother to mail you back even if you have genuine inquiry .
careful and not easy to believe with incoming email
because a lot of spam on behalf of ico could be this fraud

Im received a lot of emails but better ignore it if not clear
if you want to find out more better find valid information whether this is true or fraud

it would be nice to be careful and avoid it better for me
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:01:00 AM

If the developers don't even bother to respond to a genuine query, then yeah, I don't think that it's a good investment at all. In fact, it's probably one of the most telltale signs of a scam ICO if they don't bother to respond to your emails.

I wouldn't go as far as saying straightaway that the ICO is scam, however.

All I'd say personally if my emails were not responded to in a fair amount of time is that this is not an ICO that I would personally invest or particiate in, doesn't necessarily mean that they are a scam.
Maame Esi Sergio

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 06:15:00 AM

Well, a scam or fraud ico is very difficult to find out. you can't base your judgements only for the fact that your messages are not being replied you may get that wrong for most ico. Sometimes the team members are inexperience and lack bounty and ico managers. That might be the reason why some mails are bounced.
CryptoFlamingo

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:16:19 AM

I won´t definitely invest to ICO with miserable communication. That´s why I also check before how they do community management and if the response of the team is fast and relevant.
talkbitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032

All I know is that I know nothing.

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:33:53 AM

ICOs are frauds whether they have a working Email address and communicate with you or not. they are asking for money and then they don't deliver anything but a token that is completely useless. you can make that token on your own without needing them. it is just a copy paste of some code which you can also find on the internet!

.L I V E C O I N . N E T.
..PROFITBOX..
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
█████████████▄  ▄████████████
    █████████████████████████
  ██████████▀    ▀█ ▀████████
████  █████▀  ▄▄  ▀█  ▀██████
  ████████▀  ▄██▄  ▀█   ▀████
    ██████   ▀██▀   ██   ████
  █████████▄      ▄██████████
██  █████████▄  ▄████████████
  ███████████████████████████
██  █████████████████████████
  █████████████████████▀ ███
█████████████████████▀   ███
    █████████████▀     ████
  █████████████▀   ██    ████
████  █████▀     ██    ████
  ███████▀   ██    ██    ████
    █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████    ██    ██    ████
██  █████    ██    ██    ████
  ███████████████████████████
rarg

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 07:41:22 AM

This is a common way of ICO the gain more participant. Email spamming with their offers just one of their ways. I'm sure there are still many other ways.
Recently, I've experienced some case wich several ICO project added me on their telegram group. That's a new way which better than email spamming.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: