Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:20:19 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheap electricity in Africa  (Read 361 times)
soramon

Activity: 983
Merit: 100

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:05:31 PM

Fantastic thats very cheap compare with my country. In my country bill of electicity is too high i think twice to start mining. Not  only electricity but also internet connection and space for mining machine. Im not ready for start mining.

Cofee.BLUE

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:33:33 PM

I live in Russia our rate is 0.05725332 USD it is even cheaper than you
it turns out the cost of electricity in your country is cheaper than in Africa, for the miners it is highly prioritized because every active device is in dire need of high power, but if the cost of electricity is cheap it will be very profitable

That's true,  when having a cheaper electricity cost will sure benefited and much profited to all the miners because one of the issue in mining is the high electricity consumption. Well, the miners there is so blessed because they have the less cost of electricity.
MNTCorp

Activity: 119
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:38:23 PM

You pay cheaper than in Europe countries, but do you sure that this bargain from electricity will cover your loses on cooling your systems ?
Because, the temperature in your country could higher than in Europe countries. Think about it, too.
Olalomi

Activity: 490
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 02:20:19 PM

I am in Nairobi and here we have cheap electricity that enables us to mine and get better rates. I pay about $ 0.1 per 1 kwh which is very cheap as compared to many countries.
I guess making bitcoins in Africa could be a very profitable project for heavy hardware investors. What are the rates in your country ?
I belief it will be very economical to mine bitcoin in your country however there are other factors that you need to put into consideration like do you have a fast and cheap internet facilities? how do you take care of the excess heat emission from your mining equipment? cost of maintenance ? if all these can be taken care of then you are good to go in your venture.
israfil

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:07:15 AM

In my knowledge this place was known for such high temperatures that I believe that it will support renewable energy by using solar energy for power consumption, every active device needs high power terrible, but if electricity costs are cheap, it will be very profitable.
Sam San

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:52:41 AM

I am in Nairobi and here we have cheap electricity that enables us to mine and get better rates. I pay about $ 0.1 per 1 kwh which is very cheap as compared to many countries.
I guess making bitcoins in Africa could be a very profitable project for heavy hardware investors. What are the rates in your country ?
there are countries with a cold climate, where electricity costs $0.016. it is unlikely that you will compete with them, except for the costs of bitcoin production you will have a large share of the costs of cooling this production.

oioi

Activity: 355
Merit: 10

A p e S w a p ///$BANANA Farms

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:02:49 AM

there are countries with a cold climate, where electricity costs $0.016. it is unlikely that you will compete with them, except for the costs of bitcoin production you will have a large share of the costs of cooling this production.
it is very true that a country with a cold climate is more profitable because it does not really need a cooler to cool the rig,
and at a cheap price would be more profitable, while in the hot african air would need extra cooling because the air is hot
its costs will increase for maintenance.

A p e S w a p    ///    $BANANA Farms    |    $BANANA Pools    |    ApeSwap Exchange    ///
                                                     Stake now for over 900% APR!                                                    
⦁    TWITTER    ⦁    TELEGRAM GROUP    ⦁    MEDIUM    ⦁    TELEGRAM CHANNEL    ⦁    GITHUB    ⦁
taksrkanah

Activity: 88

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:20:12 AM

Yes I think that's good, but it's better if offset by easy internet access.
Hot temperatures in Africa are also quite extreme, it will also be easy to make your device hot and this will certainly cost you more to cool your device.
gesdan

Activity: 616

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:20:55 AM

besides the cheap electricity when we want to start mining we need to see the place too, is the place is good for mining or not, and of course, we need a stable network, is the place and the cost of electricity is good how about the network connection? if not supported stable network we can't do mining  on that place

Nunoluck

Activity: 452
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:25:50 AM

It's great ppace for cryptocurrency mining. But need extra cooler there. Electricity price is not the only one aspect that we have to concern in. We should consider about other aspect like weather or political condition.

qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:31:03 AM

I am not sure here how much it is but I guess if I put solar panels I could probably do a little mining as well, but it's something I haven't thought about as yet. You are very clever in Kenya having cheap electricity and utilizing it to print your own money as it were. Are you thinking of just mining Bitcoin or mining other coins as well in the near future or further down the road/ Would be interested to see what you do in the end.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Usafstar

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:43:26 AM

Electricity costs is less in Africa then the chance of mining is good there and if we start mining there we can get a good bitcoin and with this low cost Africa is good for starting industries there.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
megynacuna

Activity: 756
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 05:44:56 AM

It's great ppace for cryptocurrency mining. But need extra cooler there. Electricity price is not the only one aspect that we have to concern in. We should consider about other aspect like weather or political condition.

I think it could even be better with a solar farm since Africa is generally hot and the electricity fee could be negligible should serious miners adapt to using solar energy to power their miners in africa.
ogini

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 06:03:15 AM

Poor electricity is a problem here,no one cares about the light issues, not even the private sector like KWH who are taking it upon their self to provide cheap light.
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:54:33 AM

cheap electricity doesnt mean youll get a good profit on it, you should count how much money do you need to spend for internet in african country. i mean theres so limited and hard to find, the price will be so high. another one thing is african region mostly have a hot temperature, you should count how much money do you spend for cooling the mining rig.
Jimmy palumbo

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:08:16 AM

But you need to be aware of policy issues, because sometimes bitcoin mining is not allowed in that country.
So I suggest you know the local policy in advance.

brickafterbrickwalldpt

Activity: 294
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 09:17:30 AM

It's a little bit cheaper than in my country which is located in Europe. Temperatures in Africa are much higher so we would have to use more electricity on air conditioning anyway. Are there many mining farms in your country? Is it safe to mine there? I mean that there might be some mining equipment thiefs. Installing sollar pannels seem like a very good idea since the weather in Africa is usually full of sun. It might be an interesting project but it would require a huge investment. Some investors might prefer to invest in a country which is closer to them.

HODLER Open Source Multi-Asset Wallet infrastructure test with $2000 worth of bitcoin for the participants. Read more here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5032817.msg46184177#msg46184177
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:27:45 AM

The statement is relative,you cannot generalise it,several countries in Africa still have electricity issue, have been to several countries in Africa, electricity is a problem, good that you have cheap electricity in  Nairobi at least other countries in Africa can speed up there game.
Sam San

Activity: 630

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:56:32 AM

I think it could even be better with a solar farm since Africa is generally hot and the electricity fee could be negligible should serious miners adapt to using solar energy to power their miners in africa.
in Africa, too, comes night. Wink For the production of solar energy will require significant system reserves power for the night. also, we have security in Nairobi, whether the price of protecting high value targets is needed. How long will the mining farm payback period for 5 megawatts of electricity?

pencuri hati

Activity: 106

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:25:03 PM

Less expensive electricity in Africa may be in Africa using solar power plants that are relatively cheap compared to other power plants.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: