Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:01:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Total Confusion  (Read 1353 times)
Complexes (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 11:53:52 PM

After wandering across this website I have gained mush interest. But much frustration. Seeing that my laptop would not be powerful enough for the solo mining, this "pooled mining" seemed very interesting. The problem is the clients: I do not understand them. They list arguments to work them, but I have no idea where or how to enter these arguments. Could anyone help?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
theGECK

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2011, 11:58:59 PM

If you are running Windows, you can do it one of two ways:

1) [I recommend this for the first time with a miner] Open a command prompt and run the file directly, taking your time to make sure the parameters you suggest are correct and everything is working. If everything checks out, then

2) Create a text file with exactly what you typed into the command prompt in step 1. Then rename it to end in .bat instead of .txt. If you can't see the .txt ending, you will need to make windows stop hiding extensions from you.

If you aren't comfortable with the command line, you may want to read up on it before you will feel comfortable mining in a pool.

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
Complexes (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 12:09:10 AM

If you are running Windows, you can do it one of two ways:

1) [I recommend this for the first time with a miner] Open a command prompt and run the file directly, taking your time to make sure the parameters you suggest are correct and everything is working. If everything checks out, then

2) Create a text file with exactly what you typed into the command prompt in step 1. Then rename it to end in .bat instead of .txt. If you can't see the .txt ending, you will need to make windows stop hiding extensions from you.

If you aren't comfortable with the command line, you may want to read up on it before you will feel comfortable mining in a pool.

I sort of understand now. And yes, I am using windows. Although, I lack experience of command line; so may you guide me through what to enter into it?
theGECK

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 12:14:11 AM

I have to leave my computer very very soon, so I'll try to be fast and give you enough to go on.

-Open Run... from the start menu, or hit "Windows Key + R"
-type cmd into the text field
-this opens up the command prompt!

Quick tips:

-cd changes your directory. In order to launch the file, you need to be in the directory (folder) where it is located
-typing the name of the program runs it
-putting a /? after the name of a program (example: miner.exe /?) frequently gives you help on what the program can do
-letters after a programs name that end after a - or a / are called switches, and change how a program will run. This is how you can add your username, password, url, etc.

Hope that's enough to get you started! Here's the top site on Google for "cmd help". http://www.computerhope.com/cmd.htm

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: