flyingweasel (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
⇾ Hi guys
December 21, 2013, 12:13:32 AM

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

So about me, I'm a scrypt miner that has a ~10MH/s setup. Really loving the crypto scene and that I believe that a distributed currency is the way forward for the world.

I've recently been mining a lot of SXC (got the spike, yay!), IFC, and recently LOT which has an amazing group behind it. I started on LTC but quite quickly realised that that wasn't the only alt coin out there and some others like WorldCoin has a serious amount of passion and drive that other alt pump-and-dump coins don't.

Looking forward to meeting you guys and potentially at some point helping out with administering a pool / exchange as it's really quite interesting to me.

Cheers,
FlyingW
xbudahx

Activity: 378
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:22:48 AM

I'm new too....hello
flyingweasel (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 12:24:02 AM

Oh and I might just disclose my setup :

2x 7950's (a lucky pair, found an awful lot of blocks considering they're the lowest hash rate)
4x 7970's (my solid grunts, do a lot of the lifting in the pools)
2x 7990's (beautiful cards, just a shame their price sky rocketed otherwise I'll be running loads of these babies!)
4x 290's (the latest addition to the setup giving 780kh/s out of the box with no config tweaks, I'm very impressed)

Cheers,
FlyingW
IngmarHehe

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:46:04 AM

nice
flyingweasel (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:51:12 AM

nice

Thanks, after seeing the price of the 7990's rocket I'm quite content to go for more of the 290's. They seem to be best bang for the buck (at the moment) and apparently are the lowest costing khash/W that you can get at the mo.

If only I had more space for more rigs... Does anyone know a place that cloud sources scrypt mining like CEX.io does ?

xbithero

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:56:29 AM

2x 7950's (a lucky pair, found an awful lot of blocks considering they're the lowest hash rate)
2x 7990's (beautiful cards, just a shame their price sky rocketed otherwise I'll be running loads of these babies!)
4x 290's (the latest addition to the setup giving 780kh/s out of the box with no config tweaks, I'm very impressed)

Cheers,
FlyingW

wow nice rig !!!!! wish i had one of them :/
flyingweasel (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:01:09 AM

Cheers,
FlyingW

wow nice rig !!!!! wish i had one of them :/

Well it's actually 6 rigs, and one is my desktop PC that I have to disable mining on if I want to play any sort of games. And for some reason (not crossfired) if I enable one device (-d 0/1) then the games I play (CoD / heavily modded Skyrim) they still CTD after about 20 seconds.

It's kind of sad when it costs me in alt coins (~1.4Mh/s) to play the games I enjoy after purchasing them. But then again, I love the alt coin game even more, so I can't really complain Wink

Camilio

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Geister?! Geister?! Geister???!! Weißbroooot!

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:49:30 AM

It's kind of sad when it costs me in alt coins (~1.4Mh/s) to play the games I enjoy after purchasing them.

haha maybe lowering the shadows and AA Tongue

Yeah WDC seems to be a pretty competitor.

Nice rig aniway!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: