Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 09:26:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to buy food with bitcoin??  (Read 713 times)
mochicoin (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 01:43:39 AM

My debt card number was stolen by Target about a week ago. I have been forced to live off of Bitcoin but it's hard to find food. So far I have been mostly using egifter.com to 'gift' myself USD paper credit cards bought with bitcoins. The selections are kinda dismal though. Kmart lunch meat and pizza are not things I enjoying eating for 100% of my meals. Also, getting gas for my car has been a huge challenge. Anyone have some bitcoin survival tips?
ToTheMoon1k

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:51:27 AM

try gyft.com
Topazan

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:10:22 AM

You might be able to find someone to cash you out at localbitcoins.com.

Save the last bitcoin for me!
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:18:59 AM

My debt card number was stolen by Target about a week ago. I have been forced to live off of Bitcoin but it's hard to find food. So far I have been mostly using egifter.com to 'gift' myself USD paper credit cards bought with bitcoins. The selections are kinda dismal though. Kmart lunch meat and pizza are not things I enjoying eating for 100% of my meals. Also, getting gas for my car has been a huge challenge. Anyone have some bitcoin survival tips?

Forced to live of bitcion or you are chosing to? Having your debit card number stolen doesn't prevent you from giong to the bank and getting a temporary card or making a cash withdrawl.  You could also exchange your bitcoins for fiat like others suggested. Having your card numbers stolen certainly shouldn't cause someone to forced to live off of only bitcoin, especially not when you can always just exchange it for cash.

To answer your question though gfyt.com would be a good place to start with.  If no stores in your area are willing to accept bitcoin then you cuold always post some ads on craigslist offering bitcoin in exchange for groceries or other items you need. You might be suprised how friendly people are and how much the community is willing to help you out.

Bitcoin is still in it's infancy, it's simply not widespread enough yet to be something to easily survive off of. A few people have documented this and while they were able to pull it off it certainly wasn't easy and there was a lot of basic things they missed out on.  It will be awhile before bitcoin is widespread enough that you can use it at most places, it certainly seems like it's coming though eventuallyy in the future given the number of new merchants that keep joining the list of places that accept bitcoin.   Think of it back to the 90's and how only a few places had websites let alone offered online shopping, 20 years later or so it's common place for a company to have websites or online shopping.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 05:01:01 AM

Where do you live? I'm excellent at cooking. If you're around tarpon springs I'll make you a couple of meals with a nice cheap rate.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
marginalerror

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:32:30 AM

This all sounds fake... but you can ironically go to gyft.com and purchase a target gift card and get your food there!
DavidZ

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 09:18:17 AM

If you live in Australia, try this:

http://earthandskyorganics.com.au/
btcmonster

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:05:12 AM