Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:33:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with My Wallet; need help!  (Read 1329 times)
Dr Bloggood (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 01:53:54 AM

So I want to transfer BTC from My Wallet (on blockchain.info) to another address.

When I put in the target address and the amount and want to send it though, it doesn't work. I only get "TypeError: Cannot read property `priv_to_use’ of undefined".

Does anybody know what to do here?
LibertySnippet

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 02:00:40 AM

I haven't seen that error before. Are you trying to send from a "watch-only" address? Have you tried doing a Custom Send? This allows you to specify which address in your wallet you want to send from. Makes sure it's one that is "live" in your BC wallet.
Dr Bloggood (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:07:05 AM

I haven't seen that error before. Are you trying to send from a "watch-only" address? Have you tried doing a Custom Send? This allows you to specify which address in your wallet you want to send from. Makes sure it's one that is "live" in your BC wallet.

Thanks for your help!

I don't think it's a "watch-only" address, how can I make sure?

What's a custom send and how do I do it?

LibertySnippet

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 02:28:57 AM

First, to see if you have a "Watch Only" address in your wallet, click on "Receive Money" at the top of the blockchain wallet page. It will list all your addresses and mark any "Watch Only" addresses there. If there are no such designations, and assuming you have enough balance of bitcoin to cover your transaction, then you should be fine.

Next, to do a "Custom Send", go to "Send Money" at the top of the wallet page. Then from the list of items on the left side, click on "Custom Send". This will allow you to specify the address to send from, and it also allows you to specify mining fees, public annotations, etc.

Let me know if this works!
Dr Bloggood (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:51:41 AM

Ok, I went to "Receive Money" and saw my address listed without any restrictions or remarks, so that seems to be fine.

Then I went to "Send Money". So far, I had always tried the first option of the vertical menue on the left ("Quick sending" or so, I don't know the exact English wording, because my wallet is in German).

Then, as I suppose you suggested, I tried the fourth option ("Sending together" or so...). It gave me the exact same error message though. Hmmm... shit!
LibertySnippet

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 03:04:05 AM

Sorry to hear that didn't work either.  In my wallet, "custom" is the 2nd option on the left under "Send Money" ... but if you received the same error with shared send, you might receive it with custom send as well. If you try specifying the address with "Custom" Send and still receive the same error, I recommend you look through Blockchain.info's support pages here: https://blockchain.info/wallet/support-pages  or contact them here:  https://blockchain.info/support-desk

Best wishes that this is resolved soon!
Dr Bloggood (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:16:15 AM

Oh, yeah, my mistake. I just tried it under "Custom" as well (the second option), but I got the same result.

Thanks anyways for taking the time!
LibertySnippet

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 03:19:11 AM

You're very welcome! Some of my friends work in Blockchain.info customer support, and I'm sure they'll take good care of you there. Good luck!
samesstee

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 04:05:55 PM

I also had this problem.....  solved it by clearing my browsers cache!

If this saved your balls feel free to buy me a drink Wink

BTC:    1NNcEExWx4qu3sQgVfybiZTJLL6VLKrtUH
DOGE: D5qc47wMk4Q3aYAFA8T6JdJxVxZVDLxiH6

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 05:50:38 PM

Try different browser

Dr Bloggood (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:49:53 AM

Ok, I finally resolved this. I'm gonna put up the end of the story here, because it might help others in the future:

Like LibertySnippet suggested, I contacted blockchain.info support, who was quick to help me out and answered like that:

Hello! Can you try clearing all your browser data, including cache & cookies? You could try another browser, or even using incognito mode (Chrome) or private browsing mode (Firefox). This should resolve the issue, but let me know. Thanks!
-----
Mandrik | Blockchain.info Support

So first I cleared all of my browser data, including cache and cookies. Didn't help. Next, I tried the incognito mode (I use chrome). Didn't help. Then I did this:

Try different browser

And voila, all of the transactions went through. Awesome, thanks guys!
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 08:50:00 AM

Merry Christmas

luqash3

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:01:27 PM

Dr Bloggood I may understand how big headache it is when we are stuck actually I am also facing the same problem when I try to transfer I hope some professional person exist here to sort out the problem. Shall be really thankful if anyone can solve it.
Dr Bloggood (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:40:16 PM

Yes, you need contact blockchain support for this error.  Grin

Hey hey, not everybody is Stephen Hawking in here!   Grin
Dr Bloggood (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:41:40 PM

Merry Christmas

Ha ha, Merry Christmas to you too, bro!

Merry Christmas to everybody out there in the interwebs! Lets hope the Bit will rise like a motherfucker in 2014.
Dr Bloggood (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:43:03 PM

Dr Bloggood I may understand how big headache it is when we are stuck actually I am also facing the same problem when I try to transfer I hope some professional person exist here to sort out the problem. Shall be really thankful if anyone can solve it.

Did you read my post #11 in this thread? I have solved this already.
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 12:47:04 PM

But we like talking to you

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 12:47:24 PM

Bitcoin MOTHER FUCKING $150,000 2014

Dr Bloggood (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:04:48 PM

But we like talking to you

I love you too, guys

Very nice BTC-address, btw!
infinitybo

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:00:59 PM

You are welcome Dr Bloggood and make a back up because you can loose your BTC
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: