Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:06:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error when I try to run m0mchill's miner  (Read 1964 times)
deter (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 12:06:26 AM

Hi all,

New to this bitcoin thing.

I was using Lobsterman's Guide and everything was working fine until it was time to run m0mchill's miner (the .bat file). When ever I try to run it, it gives me an error saying it can't find my username, even though I set up the config file.

I'm using a NVidia GeForce 9400 GPU.

Here is a picture (to big to post. Smiley)

I also have one more question. If I exit out of the original bitcoin client, will I have to redownload all the blocks I have already downloaded?

Thank you very much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theGECK

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 12:08:41 AM

First thing I see, you need to have a space instead of a slash before poclbm.exe. Otherwise, it is trying to find the file --user=Josh in the directory poclbm.exe, when you want it to be looking for the file poclbm in the directory poclbm_xxx_xxx. That should take care of it.

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

FreeBitco.in | FreeDoge.co.in
deter (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 12:21:12 AM

Alright. Thank you.

Now it opens without any error messages, but when I do open it, it quickly flashes and closes. Isn't it supposed to stay and tell me my khash/s?
theGECK

View Profile
February 24, 2011, 02:59:53 PM

If that is happening, your parameters are not correct. I've found that the easiest way to get your switches correct is to go to the command prompt, and run the program with the switches from there. You'll be able to quickly see where the problem is, as it will report a problem back to you instead of just closing.

Or, I've heard recently, you can just add a return and "pause" after the text in the .bat file to have it stay on the screen. I haven't tried that yet, so feel free to give it a go.

Use my referral codes for Bitcoin faucets and I'll send you 30% of my referral bonus - Win/Win! PM for details on all sites available or use one of the links here.

deter (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 03:16:40 AM

The pause worked great. But I don't get any errors, just "Press any button to continue...", and when I do, it just quickly exits.

Thank you.
theGECK

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 04:31:29 AM

Then I would definitely go to the command prompt and run the program directly to see if it is giving you any errors. Go to the source to fix the problem.

theGECK

View Profile
February 25, 2011, 12:09:07 PM

If you could post the entire text of the script in here, I could look at it for you and see if there are any problems I can see with it. Easier than going back and forth.

deter (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 05:26:57 AM

When I try to run it by typing it into command prompt, it does the same thing - quickly opens and closes and new window. Here's the code I'm using:

Code:
start /DC:\bitcoin\poclbm_py2exe_20110222 poclbm.exe --user=Josh --pass=[my password] --device=0
theGECK

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 12:13:36 PM

Are you trying to mine with a pool, or on your own?

If in a pool: You're probably in slush's pool (mining.bitcoin.cz) and your username is Josh.worker, not just Josh.
If solo: Are you running the Bitcoin client with the -server switch? That is needed to use a miner with Bitcoin.

deter (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 06:01:12 PM

Right now, as I post this, I am trying to mine with Tycho's Pool. http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3889.0

I used the code on his post (with my info) and the same thing happens as it was before.

But I did manage to get a screenshot of the CMD prompt before it closed:

http://i53.tinypic.com/6f8j14.png
Looks like a missing .dll file?
theGECK

View Profile
February 26, 2011, 08:22:51 PM

Have you run GPU Caps Viewer to make sure you have OpenCL/CUDA support?

And if somebody who has experience solo mining (I have none) could chime in here as to if it's setup correctly for solo mining, that would be great.

Although, deter, you haven't said if you are running the bitcoin client with the -server switch. From what I understand, you have to be doing that for solo mining to work, which it looks like you are doing. If that isn't happening first, that error could happen.

deter (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 03:50:34 AM

I got it working (with Tycho's pool, atleast. Smiley)

I updated my drivers for my GPU (oddly enough the installation failed and installed only 1/3 of the things needed, but I guess that was what I needed to get this going!)

Thank you for your support Geck. Smiley

And yes, I was running the switch.
theGECK

View Profile
February 28, 2011, 04:38:57 PM

Glad you got it working, and that you're helping to secure the network!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: