Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:20:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for better alt-coins  (Read 689 times)
arcoin (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 04:13:04 AM

Including but not limited to the following advantages:
Innovative ideas
Function expansion
Controllable risk

Please recommend me some better alt-coins, thx~
this1dude

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 05:26:31 AM

Including but not limited to the following advantages:
Innovative ideas
Function expansion
Controllable risk

Please recommend me some better alt-coins, thx~

Worldcoin --- and I may be a little spammy, but I just launched my first WDC pool a few hours ago.  We'll see how it goes, but Worldcoin & Stablecoin are the two on my radar.....

http://wdc.bettercoin.org -- sign up & mine right away! Smiley

Best PPLNS pools for Worldcoin & Earthcoin: https://wdc.bettercoin.org  & https://eac.bettercoin.org

LTC: LSitcdX2t8DzeHsaFKceUouSMonx1aJRE7

"Greetings computer, I'm here to fix your user problem!" --
Skoupi

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Skoupi the Great

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 07:10:34 AM

I like ppcoin because it implements proof of stake on top of proof of work.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 08:15:46 AM

Datacoin cause obviously everyone will say what he likes here. Because its innovative, really undervalued and about to hit cryptsy. CPU mined and only 1 month out.
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:32:08 AM

Quarkcoin because it's just a little quarky -- also the dev's are pushing some cool uses with it (e.g., android apps for quark)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 08:35:43 AM

Most of the altcoin exchanges seem to basically be opportunistic scam-enablers, listing any scam or piece of crap that they think they can make enough money off of to cover their labour and support costs of adding it to their exchange, but...

Wouldn't it be nice if there was an altcoin-exchange that did a whole lot of due-diligence, only listing coins with high enough difficulty and dedicated hashpower to be reasonably secure against 50+%-attacks, with good history of bugfixes and availability of public nodes to connect to, with good "fundamentals" such as hashing algorithm, block speed, schedule for minting of coins and so on and so on?

The closest thing I had found to seeming to be such a site so far was Vircurex... but today they added today's scam-of-the-day! Hmm... maybe worth watching to see if somehow in such a very short amount of time since the coin was launched they have delved into it enough to have made a really good call on this one or whether they are going downhill starting to grab scam of the day coins instead of waiting to see which coins do turn out to actually be good candidates for listing on the exchange?

Myself I went ahead and starting trading the new coin, figuring hey so far they don't seem to have picked any real dogs so no matter how scammy DOGE looks to me maybe the Vircurex admins are on to something. So basically I am tentatively trying "trust them on this, they haven't screwed me yet maybe they aren't screwing me this time either".

Just trying to keep abreast of one's trading on one exchange can be massively (as in way the heck more than a full time job) time-consuming so if you can find an exchange which picks good coins even better than Vircurex does I'd love to hear about it as I'd rather put in my trading hours as quality time than put them in chasing garbage coins that in the long run are just going to get 50+%-attacked to death etc. (That is what I suspect most scrypt coins are headed toward since they cannot be merged mined; all the SHA256 coins that cannot be merged mined likewise seem ultimately doomed. So I kind of hope that Vircurex is going to drop old scrypt coins (that cannot be merged mined) if it adds new ones and am looking forward to seeing whether their addition of DOGE means they will drop some other one that has less difficulty/hashrate than DOGE; if not I worry they might be heading toward being just another scam-enabling site, listing more coins than seem reasonably likely to be able to end up with over half the hash rate of their type/form of hashing (half the scrypt hashpower in the world or half the SHA256 hashpower in the world or half the prime number sequence finding power in the world etc.))

TL;DR maybe simply using the exchange that seems to you to do the best job of only listing the best coins would be a good solution?

(And if so, have you checked out Vircurex?)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
arcoin (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 09:23:47 AM

Thank you guys!
Kasandra

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:06:06 PM

try Datacoin

Lisk.io - Dapp & Sidechain Platform
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:19:28 PM

try bitcoin, i heard that the best one
PinkPotatos

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Girls dont crypto?

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 02:23:45 PM

Most of the altcoin exchanges seem to basically be opportunistic scam-enablers, listing any scam or piece of crap that they think they can make enough money off of to cover their labour and support costs of adding it to their exchange, but...

Wouldn't it be nice if there was an altcoin-exchange that did a whole lot of due-diligence, only listing coins with high enough difficulty and dedicated hashpower to be reasonably secure against 50+%-attacks, with good history of bugfixes and availability of public nodes to connect to, with good "fundamentals" such as hashing algorithm, block speed, schedule for minting of coins and so on and so on?

The closest thing I had found to seeming to be such a site so far was Vircurex... but today they added today's scam-of-the-day! Hmm... maybe worth watching to see if somehow in such a very short amount of time since the coin was launched they have delved into it enough to have made a really good call on this one or whether they are going downhill starting to grab scam of the day coins instead of waiting to see which coins do turn out to actually be good candidates for listing on the exchange?

Myself I went ahead and starting trading the new coin, figuring hey so far they don't seem to have picked any real dogs so no matter how scammy DOGE looks to me maybe the Vircurex admins are on to something. So basically I am tentatively trying "trust them on this, they haven't screwed me yet maybe they aren't screwing me this time either".

Just trying to keep abreast of one's trading on one exchange can be massively (as in way the heck more than a full time job) time-consuming so if you can find an exchange which picks good coins even better than Vircurex does I'd love to hear about it as I'd rather put in my trading hours as quality time than put them in chasing garbage coins that in the long run are just going to get 50+%-attacked to death etc. (That is what I suspect most scrypt coins are headed toward since they cannot be merged mined; all the SHA256 coins that cannot be merged mined likewise seem ultimately doomed. So I kind of hope that Vircurex is going to drop old scrypt coins (that cannot be merged mined) if it adds new ones and am looking forward to seeing whether their addition of DOGE means they will drop some other one that has less difficulty/hashrate than DOGE; if not I worry they might be heading toward being just another scam-enabling site, listing more coins than seem reasonably likely to be able to end up with over half the hash rate of their type/form of hashing (half the scrypt hashpower in the world or half the SHA256 hashpower in the world or half the prime number sequence finding power in the world etc.))

TL;DR maybe simply using the exchange that seems to you to do the best job of only listing the best coins would be a good solution?

(And if so, have you checked out Vircurex?)

-MarkM-

Bribes go along way around here.

Accepted by, more merchants! - Franko 弗兰克币 - 自由的货币
Earn FRK with your sig
cosmoo

Activity: 729
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:24:25 PM

check out what developer Baritus is up to, he made two coins in an effort to prevent consolidation of wealth you usually see in any coins launch. he's a talented programmer, also working on an exchange platform for the coins he's maintaining which will no doubt add value to them.

DGC ANN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=209508.0
CryptoAve exchange: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=277241.0

afaik he's the most active developer in the alt-coin scene.
shtako

Activity: 779
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:31:18 PM

IMO:
1. Peercoin
2. Anoncoin

Most alts are totally useless copies and many are even scams. Peercoin and Anoncoin seems to have legitimate reasons to exist.
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:34:32 PM

worldcoin
diamond
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:59:21 PM

I like many coins. Worldcoin, PPCoin, Primecoin, Quarks. But take a look at diamonds Wink

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: