Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:06:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Private key wallet  (Read 178 times)
Hugo7777777 (OP)

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:23:12 AM

I entered the private key from my wallet in a telegram  bot. Money in the wallet yet, but it is registered in several bounties. What can I do to avoid theft of tokens.
Raymondavid47

Activity: 546
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:07:59 AM

To avoid theft of tokens, if you can afford it you should by an hardware wallet like ledger and the likes or you can save your private key offline and then scramble the letters and numbers in such a way that you can easily remember it.
If you are using mobile phone, then you can use Imtoken app.
pubudu92

Activity: 243
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 10:08:21 AM

I entered the private key from my wallet in a telegram bot. Money in the wallet yet, but it is registered in several bounties. What can I do to avoid theft of tokens?

Ohh. Never give away your privet key to anyone. It's like you give your bank card with its secret code. Please make a new wallet and talk with bounty managers to change your previous wallet. That's the only thing you can do now. Please keep in mind to keep your new privet keys safe. Don't give away new one too.

EXIP (https://www.exip.live/) A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by  NFT
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:29:10 AM
Merited by Raimonn (1)

I entered the private key from my wallet in a telegram  bot. Money in the wallet yet, but it is registered in several bounties. What can I do to avoid theft of tokens.

The first thing to do is to move any coins that you have in that wallet to another wallet. Once you share your private key, you should regard that wallet as compromised, and move any assets out of it as quickly as you can, before someone else does.

Step 2, stop using that wallet and get a new one. If you have given the address of the compromised wallet out as part of bounty or airdrop registration, then let the bounty/airdrop admins know what has happened and give them the address of your new wallet.

masulum
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1597

hmph..

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 01:16:20 PM

Still no money right? You can make new wallet address, its not too late for you and don't doing it again. If you find bounty or giveaway/airdrop ask your key, skip it. one more, please check website if you want to input key to avoid phising sites.

HOLD...
Alluro

Activity: 742
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:44:56 PM

First of all don't share your private keys to anywhere like airdrops, bounties, giveaways everything. Now you have to make a new wallet. You can ask from bounty managers to change your wallet address.
sonali2015

Activity: 101

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:35:53 PM

You cannot change your private key or refund your asset if anyone accesses your wallet. So you can follow and check every time your wallet when any bounty token distributes and try to transferred asset other wallet or contact your manager to change your wallet and never deposit any token this wallet.
kwabeedat

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:41:46 PM

So what you can do now is to move any money you have in that wallet to another wallet ASAP!! Don't use it for any other project again, whether bounties, airdrops (don't try it at all) or any form of giveaway. Plead with the bounty managers if they could change your wallet address for you. You should also be on alert with any new payment and move them as soon as you ssee them. Sorry, by the way, don't make that mistake again
NoLimitsAllowed

Activity: 12

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:24:28 PM

Move your funds to another wallet and stop using this wallet immediately.

Hope everything will be okay.
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:38:23 PM

I advice you to create another wallet and transfer your money to the new wallet because you can lose your money anytime
apoorvlathey

Activity: 1162
Merit: 547

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 06:13:47 PM

Was the telegram bot asking you to enter your private key or you entered it on your own by mistake ? If it's the first case, then you might report the bot so others don't fall for this.

The immediate action that you must take is to transfer ~all (Leave few $ to save for gas for tokens you would receive in future)  the funds to a newly generated wallet.

As you are enrolled in different campaigns, you must request the bounty managers to change your ETH address in the spreadsheets before the payment is sent. If they refuse and you have to check frequently your address balance and transfer any new tokens you receive immediately to your new wallet.

matthewoz101

Activity: 308
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 06:21:20 PM

Move any tokens from that wallet to a new wallet. There's nothing you can do about that wallet before the tokens get stolen. Even if you have tokens or get tokens to that wallet from bounties and they aren't stolen instantly, that doesn't mean they won't be stolen in the future.

Learn from your mistake and never give your private keys to any person, form, or any thing on the internet.
richshopgh

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:10:22 PM

Your private key is the only way your account can be accessed so don't give it out to anyone. If you are filling bounties or airdrop ,ensure you never give that out.
BangDream

Activity: 3

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 02:17:12 AM

To avoid theft of tokens, if you can afford it you should by an hardware wallet like ledger and the likes or you can save your private key offline and then scramble the letters and numbers in such a way that you can easily remember it.
If you are using mobile phone, then you can use Imtoken app.

Better save json or private key for seccurity??
ekeh

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 05:39:56 AM

Private key is the only access to your wallet, so you need to avoid exposing it to anyone, because anyone that has you're private key are equally has access to your token, base on that, if you have already made the mistake, then forget the wallet and create a new one and also take precautions of it.
give

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:19:05 AM

if you feel you are not safe with a private key wallet,open up are new blockchain wallet account and transfer your tokens to that new account...
Sv9t

Activity: 294

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 12:24:15 PM

No, no, no! Newer give away your secret key, do you hear? Many people have already been stolen by coins. Better change your purse to another, forget about this and do not remember. Also for security, you must have at least 5 different purses.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: