Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:51:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How much does it actually cost to get your token listed on exchanges?  (Read 187 times)
DavidBooker (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:26:27 AM
Merited by Welsh (1), TMAN (1)

Everyone who has tried to launch an ICO knows that listing is one the most important parts of the process. They also know that getting a token listed on an exchange can be extremely challenging as well as costly. Based on the experience that we at assetrush.com have gained going into partnerships with various exchanges, we’ve decided to give you the big picture of listing.

Categories

First and foremost, you should understand what category of exchanges you are aiming at. Size is the key factor that characterizes any platform and has a direct impact on its volume of trading, listing fees, and prestige. In general, exchanges can be divided into three major groups: big, middle, and small ones.

Big exchanges: pros and cons

As big exchanges enjoy considerable cachet and have trading volume worth millions and millions of dollars, they are, naturally, the most selective ones and difficult to get listed on. They are exceedingly expensive as well: they will charge you a 50 BTC fee or higher. This price is usually indicated as a listing fee, but sometimes it can be part of their marketing campaign fund. Getting listed on a large platform for free is possible, but don’t get too excited. To do so, you will need to meet their highly stringent criteria, which, as you may have guessed, is not easy.

Medium exchanges: pros and cons

As for middle-size exchanges, they are probably the happy medium. You are more likely to get your ICO listed there, as they are less demanding. Also, their listing fees are much more affordable and usually lie within the range of 7 BTC and 30 BTC. Last but not least, middle-size platforms can serve as a stepping stone towards more influential exchanges, as the latter are more likely to pay attention to your token after it has already been listed.

Small exchanges: pros and cons

Finally, small exchanges. The pattern is the same: they are really easy to get listed on as the competition is not nearly as cut-throat as on big and middle-size platforms, but they carry less prestige. Furthermore, they are the cheapest option; the average listing price of a small platform is between 3 BTC and 5 BTC.

Final thoughts

So, aiming at a middle exchange seems to be the wisest step to take if you’re about to launch your ICO. First, in comparison with getting listed on large exchanges this is actually doable and in the future can serve as a gateway to bigger platforms. Second, their conditions in terms of price and quality are reasonable.

If you don’t want to spend your precious time filling out exchange applications and entering into voluminous correspondence, be sure to reach out to us, and we’ll use our proven partnerships and hands-on experience to find exchanges that would suit your token best.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:20:30 PM

You should emphasize with the example what exchanges/volume classify as large, Medium or small exchanges.

You are missing the the Pros and cons of the Free exchanges in your article but overall your article is very informative.

I am alive
anandmanish123

Activity: 128
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:30:02 AM

It totally depends on exchange if the exchange is popular it
Will take more cost....
But some exchanges list us for free
azvn

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:47:23 AM

U can give some example exchanges for each type of exchanges and how you can determine its big, medium and small exchanges ? Depend on volume ? No, many exchanges using bot and get fake volume. If you follow such as like Okex, no new listing be pump when they are top 3 24h volume. U can compare to Binance, its different.
For free listing, u can see Bittrex, Houbi and all decentralized exchanges.
Hitbtc and Yobit are bad reputation but listing fee around 1x btc, last time, for 1 18+ ICO they ask 40 btc to list lol  Cheesy
Okex and Kucoin are cheaper ~10 btc
Cryptopia is the most transparent for listing, you pay DOT and you are in queue. Just sit back and wait for your listing.

Here is my information from few ICO I follow for their 1st listing.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 07:23:08 AM

I didn't realise that so many services were set up and charging for promoting these scam coins. I guess the best plan is to keep well away from all of them. Smiley

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
DavidBooker (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:21:20 PM

Thank you all for your feedback! We'll be sure to write more articles about exchanges, especially those where you can get your token listed for free.
newcoin01

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:23:20 PM

I tihnk there are so many variations. Current volume, product, team/advisors. It can even be free sometimes.
Disclaimert

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:29:33 PM

if talking about the cost on the exchange it will be varied. many of which affect the cost, but with the difference they offer different facilities
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:53:26 PM

The listing fees have skyrocketed in the last year. A year ago, if I'm not wrong, Bittrex asked for 3 BTC as listing fees, when Bittrex was the number one exchange in the market. This increase in fees is due to the competition, every week many new projects are launched, many coins and tokens, and they all want to be listed and, if possible, in the most important exchanges. The exchanges take advantage of it to increase the listing fees.
DavidBooker (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:56:12 AM

The listing fees have skyrocketed in the last year. A year ago, if I'm not wrong, Bittrex asked for 3 BTC as listing fees, when Bittrex was the number one exchange in the market. This increase in fees is due to the competition, every week many new projects are launched, many coins and tokens, and they all want to be listed and, if possible, in the most important exchanges. The exchanges take advantage of it to increase the listing fees.

Yes, right. Exchanges, especially big ones, have dramatically increased their listing fees.
Darknight31

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 10:00:46 AM

Honestly, the exchange of token depends on the competition. also, the exchange of token varies over a period of so you cannot specify the exact value of each token. The most popular the token, the higher the exchange it will gain. It is true that the to increase the listing fees, they need to take advantage the exchanges of token.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: