Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 01:28:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why i still cannot post on the main forums?  (Read 622 times)
Mikcik (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:35:45 PM

I have been here for over 6 hourse, written few posts but i still cannot post in the main forum... i really dont have time for this i need to ask some serious questions about bitcoin, which i didnt really see adressed anywhere (which is weird).

What should i do more to be at last allowed to post the posts there...?
whiskers75

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

Doesn't use these forums that often.

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:36:25 PM

I have been here for over 6 hourse, written few posts but i still cannot post in the main forum... i really dont have time for this i need to ask some serious questions about bitcoin, which i didnt really see adressed anywhere (which is weird).

Use proper spelling, capitalization, grammar, and make 5 posts.

Elastic.pw Elastic - The Decentralized Supercomputer
ELASTIC ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD | ELASTIC SLACK | ELASTIC FORUM
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:38:34 PM

Wait 4 hours after your first post to become Jr.Member and being able post elsewhere
dobuz

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:40:18 PM

woah 4 hours, yeah gonna have to wait.. same thing for me, was trying to request for account unlocking.. hmmm
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 04:05:06 PM

Wait 4 hours after your first post to become Jr.Member and being able post elsewhere

Oh my god... 4 hours AFTER (!) my first post? :-O I was here 4 hours, and couldnt post, so i waited another 2 hours (6 hours in total) and then found out that i can actually post somewhere (the noobs section), and now i will have to wait another 4 hours... thats a stupid, not well thought out rule... :-/.

Neverthless thanks for your advice/information i couldnt find it here (AFTER your first post another 4 hours).
purehass

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 04:09:20 PM

So, what do we lean from this ?

Better read the conditions before clicking register, you would have known that then Cheesy

By the way, I am still waiting as well.
Mikcik (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 05:07:19 PM

BTW i will ask here before asking on the main forum, the biggest problem bitcoin faces according to me (and i studied economics on University have a major in it, so i think i could know a little about it) is the government ban or some restrictions on bitcoin...

They said bitcoin cannot be banned... they said bitcoin is decentrialized... bla bla blah... So what? Whats the purpose if the goverment can simly (under some pretex like drug, illegal activities)  SIMPLY ban the bitcoin...

BITCOIN can be practically destroeyd if several governments would come out at the exact same moment (or even made some paper deal(signed document) and say we ban bitcoin, or we ban merchants from accepting bitcoin payement or we will HEAVY tax the merchants that accept bitcoin etc....

I REALLY didnt saw this issue discussed thorougly. It was brought up only a little, mildly. It seems like people really dont get it. Yeah, if gov. does so, the bitcoin will survive, but what will be the price...Huh Today price is i think largely driven be speculation of higher future price, of much greater acceptence in future... What will happen to the price, when several goverments will come out coordinately and clearly, decisively and long-termly will tell the world their final statement on bitcoin - (brutal tax or prohibition of acceptence). If they make it clear and loud than majority of people will accept that bitcoin is finished. Aand no... nobody will really fight on the streets or protest agains bitcoin BAN, cause nobody (majority of society) doesnt really care about it (or even know about it)... Also noone will violate the gov BAN (when there was prohitibition on alcohol in USA in 1930 or the current war on drugs, it really didnt stop the people from using these substances, but thats just because they give something to you, they make you "feel good", simple holding of bitcoin doesnt make feel good (if yes, you are weird :-) ), so nobody will break the BAN).

What then... the price will crash to somewhere almost worth nothing, and stay there forever (if the ban is clear, loud, decisive, documents are signed and its accepted internationally within many states, the bitcoin is DEAD and the ONLY thing that could ressurect is the change if the BAN from gov.)
I own little bitcoin and im not a beliver really but also im also not againts bitcoin... I would like to see bitcoin get to 1 000 000 $ because i might get rich :-) . But dont you get it people how fragile it is and how easily it can be destroy...? What would be the reason for holding bitcoin if you would be certain that for gov. its a dead project and NO (!) merchant in their right mind will EVER again accept bitcoin?? Sure, it might be and "underground" internet currency but that would be used only by a few people and the price would be really low...

And belive me, the recent thing with some "pseudo" ban on bitcoin from China would be NOTHING compered with the decisive paper, signer agreement amongs few important states... And even the chine weird pseudo ban slashed bitcoin to somewhere around 380 dolars :-)...
And also, belive me i really dont think that any GOVERMENT gave bitcoin a real thorough think and consideration YET, if bitcoin starts to threaten some national currencies, you will see the circus, most gov i think dont take bitcoin too seriously stil, when they will, prepare for a quick ban by a simple hand sign of some paper document, voila, DONE.

The goverments can print their own money (Well ok, the central banks) and THEY WILL NEVER give this sweat, sweat, SWEAT advantage away.

So whats your take on this, why do you think gov wouldnt act in the future in the most probable way that i just drawed?
scrypty

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:39:06 AM

A ban like this is certainly possible, even likely. Bitcoin holds serious threats to so many aspects of government operation.
However, it will be like banning the internet - the rest of the world will just laugh at you. Bitcoin et al is the future.
BTW have you seen how the war on drugs have gone - you can make pronouncements to ban things, but you cannot stop them, especially when they are so good.
Also there is potential risk of civic unrest if people ban something which many perceive as legitimate - it would be like seizing assets.
Sapereaude

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:59:56 AM

I do not fully comprehend the reason for the system either I mean the mods have a banhammer right? that should be sufficient to keep new posters in line. This waiting till you have a sufficient amount of posts just means people will spam comments in the newbie forums aka this one :p
high_g_1

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:24:49 AM

I can not post too Angry
Morticio

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:27:52 AM

Lot of rules on this forum but it's efficient for have less spam.
Cirno

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:30:18 AM

Just write some posts:
I mine about 330k DOGE
With this cash i start some small DOGE-game project
I hope i can open the site next week for a customers
krauterz

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:31:00 AM

well this is an interesting structure,
invisibel

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:34:58 AM

Seems a bit silly to lock everyone to a newbies forum, I didn't even join to talk about BTC, just the other altcoins  Angry

= TiPS (FedoraCoin) - 2nd most profitable coin! - active dev team - unique new features = Why aren't you involved with TiPS yet? Cheesy - Feeling generous? TIP the official FedoraCoin mixer ETiPMiXedut8GPBug1hzSJzBDsx4xG6ww6 - Every TIP helps!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: