Print  
Author Topic: .  (Read 5866 times)
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 02:06:46 AM

this kid is a douchbag donate to someone who actually needs it . like me !!

No offense, but I don't think I'd ever donate to someone whose username is Dub0matic.  It'd probably go to weed or 24 inch rims.
lol you a funny guy. but actually it has to do with music. i dont do drugs or 24" ghetto cruisers

Haha, nobody can listen to dub without weed or 24" ghetto cruisers  Grin
lol how bout your name. how many nigga j's you smoke today

Haha zero.  It's an alias.  Like, "yo this is Nicky two-lips, Johnny no-nose, but me, I'm the Joint - welcome to my house."
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 02:11:10 AM

this kid is a douchbag...
Begging for a car is lame.

...donate to someone who actually needs it . like me !!
That's a much better reason. Here you go:

http://blockexplorer.com/t/4Z8V1qYCPp

Buy & Hold
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 02:14:29 AM

Noooooooo America will soon be overrun with weed and rims!
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 02:16:54 AM

Sorry to intrude, but may I ask the "Weed and Rims" be taken elsewhere? Thanks, just it's taking up an entire page now.

Donate to Jardoss
dub0matic

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 02:21:54 AM

nice thanks bud. now im 1cent closer to my car

make it rain haha
btc 176MrZ3CCXGb1GqFiGaoqQpaynzYqZsW6n
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 03:42:50 AM

Honestly.

If you want Bitcoins EARN THEM. No one here should be giving you money for free. Who do you think you are?

Want Bitcoins go to TWEETFORUM and start posting. I will give you 0.25BTC for every 100 posts. If not you're once again on your own.

But no one should be giving you money for free. I really want to help you out, but me giving you free money doesn't help ANYONE, things have to be earned in life.
MattscheAN

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2011, 04:53:50 PM

Me, i have donated. For me this is a one-time propaganda joke for Bitcoin. If he really could buy his car, and some press will report. Many people will get aware of Bitcoins, maybe just thinking to get money for free in their own.

Then they will learn about bitcoin, install the client. Waiting for donations like 70% in this forum with their (me too) bitcoin adress in their signatures (I think nearly nobody of us signature beggars will get anything). Then they learn how to earn bitcoins actually! And this is good for the Bitcoin economy.

Think of it as a commercial joke or trick. I just wanna see a photo of this guy with his BTC donated and buyed car in some newspapers. And this must happen only once. Nobody thinks about giving random people money for things they want to have, only for one time just to get the awareness from the public about bitcoin.

Thats my opinion. Therefore i donated a small amount, and not started my own thread for my really seriously needed new laptop.

@Jordoss : I’ve done the bigger donation. What are you doing with the money if it will never reach the amount you need for a car? I suggest to donate it to a charity organisation.

Cheers,

Matthias
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 10:44:30 PM

Well, look at it this way, the way i meant for it to be looked at. Yes, I am trying to get a car, but as I do need one, and this hasn't been done before, I thought I would give it a chance. Bitcoins haven't been used this way before, and seldom is a currency used for something like this. So, IF this is completed, then it will surely help tell the world about Bitcoin, and that there do exist those who are willing to support others.

It's YOUR money, so do with it what you want to do with it, and send me some change if you feel that is what you want to do.

I don't want to argue, but I just want to say I understand what you're getting at, and I want to say, It's your money, you can do with it as you please.

As for if I don't get enough for the car, I was originally thinking of just converting the Bitcoins into USD to put towards a car, but this will run a VERY LONG TIME before then, as I won't be able to afford a car in any other way for at least several years.

I have an idea.  Get a Flexcoin ID.  Make your ID something like "Car Fund."  As you get deposits, regularly update with screenshots of your balance.  Now, here's the thing.  Having someone know your Flexcoin ID AND your balance increases the likelihood that, over time, someone would want to target you account and try to steal it.  But, if nobody hacks ya during the entire course of your endeavor, then not only will you get your first Bitcoin car, but you can prove that Flexcoin is secure and stable.  I actually really want Flexcoin to succeed given the nature of Flexcoin IDs, due to the need of a very secure online storage site for your BTC, and due to great idea of having a place for you to earn interest on your BTC.  We can also see just how close you truly are to your goal.  This might be a way of killing multiple birds with one stone.  And, if you lose all your BTC, well, it was more of a community loss than your own (though you of course would suffer the brunt of it).

Just a thought.  Would be curious about what you or others think.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 01:35:15 AM

Flexcoin stuff looks good!  I'll tell ya what, if you get over 1 BTC in donations, I will donate as well.
helloworld

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 03:03:16 PM

I think a quicker route would be to sleep with an early adopter.

Agreed.

But I think you misspelled root.
dub0matic

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 03:39:35 PM

Definition of ROUTE
1a : a traveled way : highway <the main route north> b : a means of access : channel <the route to social mobility>
2: a line of travel : course
3a : an established or selected course of travel or action b : an assigned territory to be systematically covered <a newspaper route>

Definition of ROOT
the usually underground part of a seed plant body that originates usually from the hypocotyl, functions as an organ of absorption, aeration, and food storage or as a means of anchorage and support, and differs from a stem especially in lacking nodes, buds, and leaves

make it rain haha
btc 176MrZ3CCXGb1GqFiGaoqQpaynzYqZsW6n
helloworld

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 05:23:38 PM

Kiwi Definition of ROOT:

Sexual intercourse.

...hence the joke about sleeping with an early adopter.
logansryche

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 06:01:22 PM

Okay...so this is what I'm going to do.

I don't have a car, but one could really help me right now. Sooo, if you have any spare Bitcoins, or spare Bit-Millicents, I would gladly accept them. Assuming I am able to achieve my goal of reaching enough funding through Bitcoins alone, I plan to purchase the car in Bitcoins if at all possible. Assuming this goal is reached, this could make history as the first car purchased with Bitcoins, and the list of donators (Aquired from Block Explorer, hopefully.) will be marked as the supporters and funding for this history making. Wiki material if this is reached? Maybe.

You and I are in the same boat. I wish you all the best of luck in reaching your goal.
Anonymous

August 28, 2011, 08:06:51 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2011, 08:18:55 PM by noagendamarket

How about we setup a competing fund using solidcoins and we can have a car race ?  I just crashed my car and cant get it repaired. I will start a fund at flexcoin if they want to support solidcoin and maybe  help me replace my damaged one,which is out of my reach for the forseeable future .

I'll add some pics tomorrow with a timestamp.

This depends on whether flexcoin wants to add solidcoin support,or I can use http://solid.coinb.in/ . It could be an exciting and newsworthy publicity event for the *coin community.

I crossposted on the new solidcointalk forum. http://solidcointalk.org/topic/42-the-great-coin-car-race/
palmertech

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 07:37:31 PM

Why can't you afford a new car for at least several years?

You can get an old Civic or something that gets 35+ MPG for under $1000, probably closer to $600.  Even if you just got some terrible minimum wage job, you could make that much money in about 75 hours, or less than two weeks full time.  If you only worked part time, you could still do it in less than a month!

Aside from that, have you factored in the costs of owning a car?  Legally, you are required to have insurance, and then you have have gas, maintenance, and repairs on top of that.  I am going to assume you are under the age of 18, otherwise you would probably already own a car for logistical reasons.  In that case, you might be able to be added to your family insurance plan, but expect to pay at LEAST $150 a month in insurance for someone your age.  If you cannot get on your family insurance plan, then bump that up to at least $200 a month.  Until you turn 25 or so, you are basically screwed in terms of insurance rates.

Don't get me wrong, this is a cool idea, and I totally support people doing what they want with their money!  But even if you did get enough Bitcoin for a car, it does not sound like you have any plan for actually being able to drive it. :-/

Donated 0.3 BTC.
deslok

Activity: 462

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 01:12:05 AM

Jordoss:

So your "Bitcoin Halving" scam game didn't work out, eh? Grin
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=34698.0

Now starting! Bitcoin halving! Found this idea on another post, so I decided to see how it goes.

Rules:
1. No Maximum
2. Minimum 0.02000002 BTC, that way there will always be a profit for me after the transaction fee.
3. Deposits below the minimum (0.02000002 BTC) will be kept as a donation.

Bitcoin Address:
Code:
1EXgzAxVdWVhG1W54ErbrqADdgyArHMPiu

How It Works:
1. You send X amount of BTC (Must be at least 0.02000002 BTC, read the rules).
2. I send X/2 BTC to the address that I received the X amount of BTC from.

What kind of car do you want, btw? Smiley

Haha, nope. It was just a little joke, I was surprised somebody actually deposited some.

As for the car, well, it really depends on how well this goes.
1.) It goes poorly, but eventually it amounts to a minute sum. So, I buy just about anything used in good condition that I can.
2.) It goes rather well, and I end up with enough for a car valued between $5,000-$8,000. I buy something like a used Cadillac CTS or Dodge Charger.
3.) It goes very well, and I can afford a car valued around $12,000-$14,000. I look at buy a used Honda S2000 or something similar.
4.) It goes farther than it is even likely to be truly possible. I buy a Lamborghini.

Thanks for asking, I bet other were wondering the same thing.

I like the idea here but i have to say any of the cars you actually listed are going to cost a fortune in maintaince, set your sights on something durable and reliable like a caprice or some other full framed rear wheel drive sedan(except a crown vic anything but a crown vic)

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
deslok

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 01:29:10 AM

I'm thinking 1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata. Still, I have 0.4 BTC towards anything. Still have quite a ways to go.

You kids these days and your riceburners! when i bought my first car it was 8 cylinders or it was a joke!<old man reaction to little two seater

Nothing against the mazda but you're going to want something else especially as a first car, one of the guys i work with has one of those s2000's you mentioned he can't drive it in the winter at all, not to mention he can't get more than two people in it anytime he does stuff with people it's always got to be someone elses car

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
deslok

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 02:19:22 PM

I'm thinking 1995 Mazda MX-5 Miata. Still, I have 0.4 BTC towards anything. Still have quite a ways to go.

You kids these days and your riceburners! when i bought my first car it was 8 cylinders or it was a joke!<old man reaction to little two seater

Nothing against the mazda but you're going to want something else especially as a first car, one of the guys i work with has one of those s2000's you mentioned he can't drive it in the winter at all, not to mention he can't get more than two people in it anytime he does stuff with people it's always got to be someone elses car

Yes, you have a point that you can't fit more than two people in it. However, both cars have hard tops available, rendering them usable in the winter. Their fuel efficiency is a plus over that of 8 cylinder vehicles, as well (The Miata is better than the S2000, at least for the years I looked at, older Miatas than S2000s).

i'll give you the hardtop for winter but i won't give you fuel efficncy, at 2001 s2000 is rated for 18/24 which is what in pratice i get out of an 8 cylinder caprice (closer to 17/25 but i do a lot of highway)

P4man

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 02:32:50 PM

Its never gonna happen. Ill be shocked if you raise 10BTC.
TBH, I hope it doesnt happen. So many people are actually in need, I can hardly think of a less worthy cause than donating so a teenager (I assume) living with his parents can buy a  sportscar he doesnt need.

If you feel like donating to give someone a car, have a look at this:
http://getglennmobile.com/

Now that makes more sense to me.  If you want to make the press and do it for a good cause, set up a bitcoin fund for someone like Glenn, someone who really is in need at who at least tries something anything to raise money. 

worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2011, 02:35:06 PM

Maybe a second hand Nano car from Tata?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: