Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:34:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NSA paid RSA $10mm to subvert encryption  (Read 3330 times)
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 04:31:30 PM

http://gizmodo.com/nsa-paid-security-firm-10-million-bribe-to-keep-encryp-1487442397

Sick fucks

Should have seen it coming with a 66% similar name

Wonder if Bitlocker is compromised too

They are too stupid to understand our enemies will use the same exact flaws against us

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 04:34:25 PM

this is what money printing allows.
Patel
Legendary

Activity: 1321
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 04:38:02 PM

And people actually think their own SHA isn't backdoored  Roll Eyes
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:25:29 AM

This is what happens when you allow governments to control you.
nowise

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:44:13 AM

Should have seen it coming with a 66% similar name

wow... best laugh all day!

The part that bothers me is that we've also found out that all the Microsoft encryption suite was weekend almost 12 years ago as well, and nobody in the general public seems to care much... oh well, I've got muh 6 pack in the fridge and the Packers are playing tomorrow!

don't forget kids the NSA, "helped," linux 8 years ago with some security software contributions.  I'm sure there was nothing naughty done to the random number generator ;-)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:56:13 AM

NSA aint that smart anyways.

they pay off someone to make back doors and they ask the UK's intelliagence office to hack a encrypted file of DPR using a dictionary library bruteforce method.

which both prove NSA is not a threat to bitcoin

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:43:40 AM

seems like a petty bribe for RSA (and whoever bought them) to risk their company but I'm sure they also got sweet government contracts out of the deal for playing ball with the Stasi police state.

mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 10:25:42 AM

Man, those encryptions go out fast. One after another are uncovered to be cracked.

btcrich

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:40:33 PM

It's been shown that NSA cryptographers have authored backdoors in their algorithms in the past.  Either that, or they're just not that bright.  The only thing is $10 million is an extremely small sum to pay.  I can imagine there are people that would pay far more for something like this.  I'd say it could've been $10 million to RSA and perhaps another $10 million directly into the pocket of RSA's Head of Engineering.
bitpop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 12:46:14 PM

It's been shown that NSA cryptographers have authored backdoors in their algorithms in the past.  Either that, or they're just not that bright.  The only thing is $10 million is an extremely small sum to pay.  I can imagine there are people that would pay far more for something like this.  I'd say it could've been $10 million to RSA and perhaps another $10 million directly into the pocket of RSA's Head of Engineering.

Definitely

But remember, these are people like me, like you. Some of you here are covert agents.

antithetical

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:57:33 AM

It's been shown that NSA cryptographers have authored backdoors in their algorithms in the past.  Either that, or they're just not that bright.  The only thing is $10 million is an extremely small sum to pay.  I can imagine there are people that would pay far more for something like this.  I'd say it could've been $10 million to RSA and perhaps another $10 million directly into the pocket of RSA's Head of Engineering.

It is problem of U.S. government. Remember the story, there was always no money for FBI, NSA, etc. There are hundreds of movies about beggars FBI agents who tries to catch Bonnie and Clyde.

You better draw this lines between FBI, NSA, CIA. The last one, doesn't know what money exactly is.

Who is closer to whom. NSA to FBI, or NSA to CIA. Looks like after 9/11, NSA == CIA.

Moreover, I can't imagine this peoples who filter Snowden's documents to prevent any damage to the U.S. government. How they are doing this? I'm really can't realize this.

They probably could extract full budget of NSA. This great sum should be over than 10m$, over than great part of U.S. budget at all.

Say 50% of your taxes is a money to backdoor your printers, track your internet activity, read your e-mail. Off-course to prevent any attack from the East. From the aborigines with automate Kalashnikov, who every day twit each other, like each other, kick in the irc's channels each other...... At the same time, 90% of money to the East is a U.S.'s money for oil.
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 12:11:02 PM

It's been shown that NSA cryptographers have authored backdoors in their algorithms in the past.  Either that, or they're just not that bright.  The only thing is $10 million is an extremely small sum to pay.  I can imagine there are people that would pay far more for something like this.  I'd say it could've been $10 million to RSA and perhaps another $10 million directly into the pocket of RSA's Head of Engineering.

Definitely

But remember, these are people like me, like you. Some of you here are covert agents.
Was that a guess or a warning *conspiracy look*? You may know something we don't. Lips sealed

GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 12:15:53 PM

This is what happens when you allow governments to control you.

this is what happens when you allow money to control you. fixed thad for ya
chowderman

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:03:44 PM

Awesome business plan. I am using my earnings from crypto trading to set up a communications company, I will most certainly accept the $100M surveillance grant from the NSA to voluntarily allow them to tap all my customers. Its brilliant money.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:28:35 PM

Awesome business plan. I am using my earnings from crypto trading to set up a communications company, I will most certainly accept the $100M surveillance grant from the NSA to voluntarily allow them to tap all my customers. Its brilliant money.

On your conscience be it
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 02:30:39 PM

On your conscience be it
There are people who don't have one.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:33:53 PM

On your conscience be it

Everyone has one, some people spend their lives in denial of it. It all comes out, one way or another. In your nightmares or actions. Karma my friend.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:34:31 PM

Maybe psychopaths / sociopaths are the exceptions that prove the rule  Wink
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 02:43:00 PM

On your conscience be it

Everyone has one, some people spend their lives in denial of it. It all comes out, one way or another. In your nightmares or actions. Karma my friend.

Maybe psychopaths / sociopaths are the exceptions that prove the rule  Wink

Yeah, I don't think Stalin or Hitler had a conscience. Undecided

KeyserSozeMC

Activity: 742

I'm dying.

View Profile WWW
December 24, 2013, 10:51:50 PM

We can't do nothing. We entered the dance, so we gotta dance.

Hey, smexy. Don't waste your time. Time's precious.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: