Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:40:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternatives to Cryptsy  (Read 2946 times)
andyatcrux (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:01:41 PM

Do a search for "cryptsy" on this site and you will see that there is a need for a discussion about how to exit Cryptsy for a viable alternative. Before anyone blames the Cryptsy issues on traffic, let me say that there is no doubt that increased traffic at other sites will cause possible issues. Cryptsy suffers from a communication problem in which they only acknowledge issues after several forum posts and tweets go up. Support tickets are not taken seriously by them until it becomes evident an issue exists and they can no longer ignore it. I could go on and on here, but let's just sum it up: MISMANAGEMENT It really is as simple as that. I do not think they are scamming people, but they are screwing us none-the-less. Unfortunately it is only a matter of time before they are shut down or go out of business from the massive losses they are taking from system errors that have led to they themselves losing hundreds of BTC through erroneous withdrawals. So, without further ado, let's start compiling some plan B's here.

Coins-e seems a possible alternative, but I have made very few trades with them. No problems at all, but they are currently trading at low volume. They might see increased issues if there is a mass exodus from Cryptsy, but the question is, will they manage it competently?

BTER. I hate the interface. But I use it sometimes anyhow.

I have heard about Vircurex and have yet to try them.

Basically I started this topic because, I myself am less than thrilled with alternatives. I really wanted Cryptsy to workout and have given them many chances. But I get the sense that even if they get things settled in, that the other shoe will drop at any moment.

Please, let's hear people's opinions about alternate exchanges. I probably did enough flaming on Cryptsy for this topic. You can go to the "Fuck Cryptsy, Fuck Cryptsy, Fuck Cryptsy" post to vent.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
4w4k3ning

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:09:08 PM

I think coins-e.com a good place.
matthona

Activity: 350

Bitcointalk.org

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:09:49 PM

i have used Vircurex quite a bit, .. the only complaint i have about it is the chart, for example it uses the same chart when trading BTC to LTC as it does when trading LTC to BTC... when it should be reversed if that makes sense- it is a bit confusing

have traded a few times a Coins-e a few times without any problems at all

used BTC-e quite a bit also, without any trouble, the only downside here is that there are very few cryptos carried there,

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█       ▄▄▄▄▄      █▌
  █▌       ▀▀███      ▐█
 ▐█        ▄█ ██       █▌
  █▌     ▄█▀          ▐█
  ▐█   ▄█▀            █▌
   ▀█▄█▀            ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRASH

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█    ██▄▄██▄▄██    █▌
  █▌    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▐█
 ▐█      ████████      █▌
  █▌     ████████     ▐█
  ▐█     ████████     █▌
   ▀█▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TOWER

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
     ▄█▀     ▄██▄     ▀█▄
    ▐█       ▀██▀       █▌
    █▌   ▄▄  ▄██▄  ▄▄   ▐█
   ▐█   ██████████████   █▌
    █▌   ▀▀  ▀██▀  ▀▀   ▐█
    ▐█       ▄██▄       █▌
     ▀█▄     ▀██▀     ▄█▀
       ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DOUBLE
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
IZON

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:10:44 PM

Cant realy see why peeps hate crypty so much. I think they are good.
The more you trade on there the faster everything gets for you. In the beginning it realy sucks. But thats a good so beginners gets scared ^^

If you like me , give some Dimecoins to me @ 7FMpsYwWy9LgBfQP3iqstbAvx4wp2AFAon
hypostatization

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:12:25 PM

BTER IS BETTER

https://bter.com/signup/79691

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
andyatcrux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:23:25 PM

IZON, no need to defend Cryptsy here. Let's just here about other exchanges. I made it clear that my issue with them is not speed. It is mismanagement.

hypostatization, please give some detail about why you feel BTER is better. Don't use this post to simply place your referral link.
maardein

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:30:36 PM

I have tried coins-e for the first time yesterday, looks promising. And my doge were available at 7 confirms, instead of the ~900 at cryptsy...

BTC: 1788UegKXGXXicfPcbZ1bmSUJ99ZWRCF7p
LTC: LZ2rCcoxK4X8wRRynqdxoimd4d3TDNk7Lk
PMP: PApSSdorQds5tQysymwDXPAN3viJLFTUs8
andyatcrux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:32:10 PM

Speaking of BTER, I may be a complete ignoramus here, but since they are a Chinese exchange and the Chinese government seems to be cracking down on bitcoin, is there an increased chance that this site could go down without notice and all deposits lost forever?

Deltron

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:34:07 PM

My biggest problem with ALL of these sites is the overall lack of general design fluidity in the layouts. Every alt coin exchange site looks like it was thrown together by a 12 year old in a programming class. With the level of complexity in coding a coin, you'd think someone somewhere could create an exchange site template that actually functioned as a marketplace.
andyatcrux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:40:03 PM

Agreed. I liked the layout of MCXnow, though I am not sure it could remain as user friendly with more coin selection. Also, they have yet to accept a deposit that is stuck in limbo and have ignored my emails. So I doubt I will be going back to them when they are back online.
greatwolf

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:23:01 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 10:46:15 PM by greatwolf

How can you say that given all the complaints here?
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:27:53 PM

The more you trade on there the faster everything gets for you. In the beginning it realy sucks. But thats a good so beginners gets scared ^^

How can you say that given all the complaints here?

And how many of those complaints have been resolved? We are consistently adding new people and hardware to address the growth.
BRUCELLA

Activity: 142

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:31:17 PM

Becareful with coin-e it's not same to work whith them.

Two deposits are lost since 6 days and no answers from the support, nothing. I'm not alone look here :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=418416.0

cryptsy is laggy (many time i think my coins was lost), have not very good support (better now than end of last year) but i think my coin are more or less safe.

Another good market : CoinEx. Fast and with a good chatbox.

divinity

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:33:14 PM

And how many of those complaints have been resolved? We are consistently adding new people and hardware to address the growth.

Emptying a sinking boat with a spoon will still lead to you going under.

Cryptsy's performance in the last six months has been dismal. Continued loss of funds, continued delays from 5 minutes to 2 weeks in returning funds from trades cancelled/completed, continued error messages and site downtime. Around Christmas your forum had over 150 posts from irate people unable to access their own funds.

It is not acceptable but might be tolerable if you would at least address the issues openly, not privately through PM's. Cryptsy continues to remain silent and never addresses the issues. Oh, Bigvern may tweet here and there about a 'glitch' he's trying to fix but doesn't mention or address the hundreds of complaints. Glitches or incompetence? You decide.

Doing away with the service fees would be the very least you could do until you get your shit together.

One cannot, simply cannot, trade at Cryptsy. The moment you make more than one trade the lag and bog-down begins. What's the point in having funds go missing as prices drop - opportunities are everything in the market.

Less excuses, more action.

I recommend BTC-E, it's a pain to get your money in and out from North America but you can move coins easily. Great interface, easy to use and no downtime.
greatwolf

Activity: 230

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 10:47:27 PM

Whoops, I misquoted that posted. The response is meant to be directed at bter.

Edited and fixed now.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:13:54 PM

Of all the exchanges I've tried, Coinedup is the most efficient and painless at accomplishing whatever I want to do.  I have no idea who runs Coinedup, or if it will even exist 24 hours from now, but besides that, it's pretty good.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
mohammedfaiz143

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:39:12 PM

i think coinex is the best alternative to cryptsy....

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:23:15 AM

I am not new to Cryptsy and they screw me over, so that holds little water. We're not talking about a couple of hours' delay to honor deposits, but days. I will be moving my business soon and use all my crypto websites to get word out. This is completely unacceptable. I can understand that problems will occur from time to time, but they for most part choose to keep us in the dark, which is completely unacceptable. I am smelling a rat and will be jumping ship.
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:29:36 AM

Cryptsy seems perfectly fine to me. Deposits and withdrawals are slow but it always works and they have enough volume to ensure fast trade executions. The only people that seem to be pissed off at them are the impatient kiddies.

Yeah, send your money my way so that I can sit on it and use my own discretion when to give you access to your own money! I don't care about the losses you will suffer in the meantime and continue to call myself an exchange. What a joke.
andyatcrux (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:57:57 AM

I still hold coins in Cryptsy, I just don't do much trading with them these days. I use it for arbitrage between my holdings at other sites. My Yacoin came back eventually... etc. etc. It is a big wide open world for emerging exchanges and someone will eventually leave them in the dust.

I do appreciate Coinedup for the improvements of working charts and never having balances disappear and deposits/withdrawals unusually delayed. The website can be slow as hell but does not seem to suffer from the same problems as Cryptsy.

Coinex does have an actual chatbox which is nice for taking the temperature of the room and reading the trolls. Also, it is a good platform for mining and trading without having to withdraw your funds to your wallet. The "switchpool" feature has potential.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: