Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:21:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tax Collector to Accept Bitcoin  (Read 1140 times)
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2018, 08:30:33 AM

Florida Tax Collector to Accept Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash Payments

A Florida county tax collector has partnered with bitcoin payments processor BitPay to accept cryptocurrency for a variety of services.

Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg said in a statement Monday that his office will take bitcoin and bitcoin cash for payments associated with driver licenses and ID cards, automobile tags and titles and property tax.

The office decided to accept the cryptocurrencies in an effort to streamline fee collection, reduce the potential for fraud and identity theft and increase the transparency and accuracy of payments. Greenberg's office added that it does not perceive any "price volatility or risk to the County" in accepting the cryptocurrencies.

credits: https://www.coindesk.com/florida-tax-collector-accept-bitcoin-bitcoin-cash-payments/

I think this is also one of the best crypto developments, so people who previously or even tax employees who don't know about Crypto become aware of crypto. but on the other hand such usage can endanger taxpayer customers
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mmanson1

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 06:27:53 AM

Florida Tax Collector to Accept Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash Payments

A Florida county tax collector has partnered with bitcoin payments processor BitPay to accept cryptocurrency for a variety of services.

Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg said in a statement Monday that his office will take bitcoin and bitcoin cash for payments associated with driver licenses and ID cards, automobile tags and titles and property tax.

The office decided to accept the cryptocurrencies in an effort to streamline fee collection, reduce the potential for fraud and identity theft and increase the transparency and accuracy of payments. Greenberg's office added that it does not perceive any "price volatility or risk to the County" in accepting the cryptocurrencies.

credits: https://www.coindesk.com/florida-tax-collector-accept-bitcoin-bitcoin-cash-payments/

I really like the trend, hope more good news are coming from around the world.
Chachacoin17

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 28, 2018, 09:30:28 PM

It means that bitcoin is slowly getting their names in allnover the world. Bitcoin is so famous all over the world. And some country using bitcoin even in their government. I couldn't imagine what can bitcoin will influence for us five years from now in terms in marketing. Inlbow it will be great.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 12:20:19 AM

This shows of how supportive is the US government to Bitcoin existence and this also shows that Bitcoin is really legal to use in the USA despite of banning the US citizens of joining some ICO projects. This is a good news at it will make the tax payers to pay their obligations more convenient.
wahyu wida

Activity: 826
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:09:54 AM

It means that bitcoin is slowly getting their names in allnover the world. Bitcoin is so famous all over the world. And some country using bitcoin even in their government. I couldn't imagine what can bitcoin will influence for us five years from now in terms in marketing. Inlbow it will be great.
for bitcoiners it is like that, but if we see that btc users are only around 1%, of course there are still many who do not understand about btc. therefore tax collectors have not been able to do anything before policy of government appears
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:43:04 AM

that's a very good decision, when the crypto world developed well, and adopted by the world, then I think taxes must be applied.

and I think it's very influential on the country's economic stability, security, and also the development of crypto.

eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 02:55:16 AM

This is a good way to start up as the government finally accepts bitcoin as a way of payment too, we are hoping as well that here in our country the world of crypto will be widely use too and that the government will also accept it.
I don't think this is a good idea, because in our country, bitcoin is already accepted without tax, so if other countries will start to collect tax from bitcoin then for sure they will collect tax here in our country too.
adrianto1995

Activity: 714
Merit: 160

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 04:20:19 AM

Hmm,
I hope my country someday will follow it too, so I can directly pay my tax without needed to convert my Bitcoin to flat money first...
Anyway, my local exchange already includes tax for every crypto transaction happens in this exchange...
Seeker#9

Activity: 658
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:32:13 AM

If the other states follows this example of florida's tax collector, it will speed up the adoption of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies in many part of the United States. Once it is successful, other countries would eventually follow the tax collection that uses bitcoin as one of the mode of payment for paying taxes. Some crypto-friendly governments are also looking for some ways for the possible regulation of bitcoin in their countries before accepting it as mode od payment.
chidrawarster

Activity: 406

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:43:22 AM

Its a good move by the Tax Collector there which would enable smooth interface of payments and also more transparency.I would love to see many more reforms happening on the crypto space so that the daily users may get used to btc and other currencies as well. But we need to have to the need for utilizing the coin that would be raised only by the regulation and government interference.I would wait and watch this situation's improvement.

S P O R T S F I X           ●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●
|     Whitepaper     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     Medium     |
████████████ [ Join SPORTSFIX ] ████████████
gajebo

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:49:54 AM

this is good news, hopefully it will run smoothly and be followed by other countries, because with so many people using it and making Crypto's world more developed and more people using crypto.
DanieIssac

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 09:16:42 AM

In exchange for the government's acceptance of bitcoin as a phased-down payment unit, taxes on investors are also a solution. Because once the government is in favor, the bitcoin market is definitely becoming more active
novokovskitve

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 09:32:09 AM

if the cryptocurrency is already pouring into such a sphere of the economy, then it is very foolish to deny its viability. if it were a soap bubble, then such an influence wouldn’t have happened for sure.
tiktak89

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:19:34 AM

This means that the cryptocurrency is really a working technology that is relevant for modern society. And all its prospects are true. Therefore, we must continue to invest in it and support it.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
jbarcenas18

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:50:55 AM

This is awesome and great news to the bitcoiners. Atleast Florida's tax collector accepting bitcoin as payment and exciting that someday other countries will follow through.

█ █          https://BitcoinAir.org          █ █
★    Secure Payment as Light as Air  ★ 
Glutius

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:06:10 PM

It's great that the United States is not afraid of this technology and began its introduction into the state structure. An obstacle to the development of bitcoin is absolutely meaningless. It should be adopted and used as intended. This will only improve the entire economic system.

Teawhalee
Copper Member

Activity: 482

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2018, 12:07:32 PM

This is one of the news that is true and give joy about the cryptocurrency as a whole.  This is officially the first government  that will publicly  accept bitcoin as payment means. It's good they have seen what bitcoin and cryptocurrency is capable and I believe more of this adoption news will spread very soon.  

[ IQ ]           cash                           THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                           ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
Udrujec

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 12:17:17 PM

This is quite a bold step for a state structure, but it will significantly improve the entire financial system of tax collection by this body. And this is a great example for other countries.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:32:22 PM

this is a really good news, it means Florida recognizes Crypto as Currency.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2016
Merit: 156

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 03:36:36 PM

Quite outstanding work for them considering the fact that cryptocurrency are a new tech and they managed to integrate it to an old system. Thumbs up for understanding that people also have an option to pay taxes in any way they want i.e., crypto. I hope other countries including mine follow suit.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: