Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:00:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Wish I had seen the potential in 2009  (Read 2011 times)
RKD8OHQI0N3S83

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:41:30 AM

Past the greed of making money with trading I really honestly hope to be able to use cryptocurrencies as my main banking service one day.
c3124630drdrbcom

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:01:35 AM

Dont we all... Grin
Cirno

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:08:34 AM

There may be analogous opportunities right now. I think NXT is really promising.
I agree with you.
I have ~10k of NXT
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:41:55 AM

There may be analogous opportunities right now. I think NXT is really promising.
I agree with you.
I have ~10k of NXT

very nice! nxt is a big risk, just like bitcoin was early on, but i think its the one alt that has serious potential for being a real bitcoin competitor someday. Just cross your fingers and pray that the source code is actually published on jan 3 and that it stands up to peer review.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:37:29 AM

Everyone reading this post is an early adopter. When I got into bitcoin in 2011, people were posting, "I wish I were an early adopter." Now people call me an early adopter. In 2015, people will tell you they wish they were an early adopter, just like you.

This is so true ... 2-3 years from now, if you stay in the crypto game you will be one of the grassroots investors in alt-coins.

The barrier to entry to buy most of the coins is huge to the average individual!  For example if you want to buy Quarkcoin you have to first buy Bitcoins (not an easy thing to do) then go to an exchange and buy Quark.  Most people dont have the patience to do that, as well as the know-how.  Ask your parents you want some bitcoin for Christmas and they will have no clue where to start.

And what about the mining?  Took me 2 days to get a small rig setup to mine litecoin with all the hardware & code setup.

This is the beginning...   

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:45:58 AM

Everyone reading this post is an early adopter. When I got into bitcoin in 2011, people were posting, "I wish I were an early adopter." Now people call me an early adopter. In 2015, people will tell you they wish they were an early adopter, just like you.

This is so true ... 2-3 years from now, if you stay in the crypto game you will be one of the grassroots investors in alt-coins.

The barrier to entry to buy most of the coins is huge to the average individual!  For example if you want to buy Quarkcoin you have to first buy Bitcoins (not an easy thing to do) then go to an exchange and buy Quark.  Most people dont have the patience to do that, as well as the know-how.  Ask your parents you want some bitcoin for Christmas and they will have no clue where to start.

And what about the mining?  Took me 2 days to get a small rig setup to mine litecoin with all the hardware & code setup.

This is the beginning...   

you make a very good point. if bitcoin were easy to buy imagine what that would do to the price. well that day is coming. okpay will be bringing bitcoin to 28000 retail shops in the uk in 2014

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
luqash3

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:16:01 PM

tazman2150 are you serious you lost highly worth bitcoins like that if yes then really it’s a big tragedy. In last few days I have come across various similar stories who are regretting for the reason that they didn’t took bitcoins seriously and thought it junk at that time. Well I guess people will be regretting in 2020 that they didn’t brought in 2013 at reasonable rates
bozozo

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:28:36 PM

This is the beginning...   

I absolutely agree that this is the beginning. Many of us are in it to make some quick money but I personally think it's more about waiting and trying to innovate. So far, it looks like we're on the right path and we will have a bright future. Cryptocurrencies will only be expanding through time, so yes I agree that it's only the beginning
nortingon

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:32:11 PM

It's sad you haven't taken it as serious. But everyone did the same thing. How many coins have you mined using your PC?
ziuziak

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:51:31 PM

There are many peoples that blame their selfs for not participating in BTC mining in the early days.. But with so many opportunities arising each week, you can keep your head up high and pray to be right about another new cryptocurrency you put your money on :]
CarbonAssassin

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:02:55 PM

Thought the exact same thing when i realised the tiny amount i had was still worth £30 now... If only i hadn't given up on it!
ViperGts

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:53:36 PM

Thank that you are here in 2013, when the bitcoin is just entering into big world.
PowerLemons

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:02:46 PM

Pretty much everyone too Sad
But I'm mining Dogecoins though Grin
NASA

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:07:59 PM

what is this NXT?
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 02:08:45 PM

what is this NXT?
Some altcoin I think.

SuchUser

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:13:10 PM

I agree, it is really irks me I didn't see the potential way back when. But then again, it's the same with any investment. Many people had a chance to buy into Microsoft when they started up, but didn't. I wish I bought the lottery ticket that won millions the other day, but it disn't seem worth a few dollars at the time 
nortingon

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:25:20 PM

NXT - NextCoin and it is gaining most importance as it is considered as the descendant of bitcoin by the developers.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:34:04 PM

This.

Eery year it is the same thing, so you haven't missed the boat!
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2610

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 02:39:24 PM

This.

Eery year it is the same thing, so you haven't missed the boat!
The value will probably rise 10 times the current one so yeah, no need to worry.

jzcjca00

Activity: 263
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:50:32 PM

I think $1,000 marks the end of the early adopter phase.  Today most people in the world can afford to buy one bitcoin.  When it's worth millions of dollars, they will be multi-millionaires.

No point crying over not seeing the potential sooner.  Just buy now (5% of your net worth is a good amount), and hold for the long term.  In 10 years you'll either be very rich, or if bitcoin fails, at least you won't have lost much on the experiment.

Tips much appreciated! 1PPJHDawPvjh6MEzsvXrMYLgpLmyAaNXUc
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: