Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:14:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Canadians! - Get in here now  (Read 846 times)
y3804 (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 09:04:56 PM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 12:23:48 AM by y3804

What are the best methods for buying/withdrawing BTC?

Cavirtex?

"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nodroids

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:04:58 PM

IMO, the Cavirtex service is second to none. Many many people complain about trading fees, but for the relatively low deposit and withdrawal fees (at least before the last 2 moths when all the banks shut them out) they're competitive on fees. Plus they're just so on it and professional. BTC-e.com not bad either, but as a Canuck I'm sure as sh*t happy and proud that we have Cavirtex... I bought shares in the company I'm so impressed (full disclosure). Plus the debit cards, phew!.. smokin liquidity on my BTC reserves. Great security and up time as well.
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:36:24 PM

Our hat is as cool as always.

Love, from US.
MrPalmer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:33:54 PM

So far so good with CaVirtex for me.  Sometimes BTC deposits take a little while to show up - transfers from other wallets especially.  It'll show up in the blockchain, but doesn't always appear in Virtex wallet for a few hours afterwards.  Other than that, I'm 100% satisfied, and stoked we have the Canadian option!

MikeXBT

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:47:17 PM

Many many people complain about trading fees, but for the relatively low deposit and withdrawal fees (at least before the last 2 moths when all the banks shut them out) they're competitive on fees. Plus they're just so on it and professional.

-They are over a month behind on verification requests
-Their TRADING fees are 3-8 times as much as the competition. Nearly every other exchange charges between 0.2% - 0.5% with quick and easy discounts for volume. Virtex charges 1.5% per trade, with a 0.1% discount for over 400 bitcoins traded. Discounts on other exchanges such as Bitstamp start at $500 worth of trades.
-Extremely low volume compared to the major exchanges.
-I believe they only accept deposits via Billpay from certain Canadian banks now, using Vogogo. Bank account didn't last long... so very, very few deposit/withdrawal options.
-Numerous complaints posted online regarding double-verification required without notice. Client deposits funds, funds never show up, client contacts Virtex and is told that additional documentation is required... despite client being cash verified for months. I have seen three complaints similar to this recently, and I had a similar experience last month as well.

I used to be a big fan of Virtex. They had extremely cheap coins, cheap enough to make up for their fees. Recently, however, I have found that the trading fees combined with the now on-par coin price and low volume has made it a far less attractive option for me. I believe it's literally the most expensive place for me to trade coins right now... I know of no major exchanges with fees anywhere near theirs.

The only way that I can see their cheap Vogogo deposit fee making up for the trading commissions is if your plan is to purchase under 3 coins via that deposit.

$5 vogogo billpay vs $20-40 wire. Not a huge savings for anyone moving a reasonable amount.
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 08:59:29 PM

You can buy from kijiji too
joeroxor

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:45:22 AM

quadrigacx is great and has many options for withdrawal and deposits. I've used their e-interac withdrawals a couple times now. They're in open beta so expect some downtime and queues for withdrawals though.

Social Media & PR @ BitOrca | Contact: joe.r0x0r@gmail.com | Twitter | Wallet Addresses
Sell/Buy Bitcoin code! @ BitOrcaOrcaBlog | Best Bitcoin Tool Competiton!
MikeXBT

Activity: 50

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 11:34:07 PM

quadrigacx is great and has many options for withdrawal and deposits. I've used their e-interac withdrawals a couple times now. They're in open beta so expect some downtime and queues for withdrawals though.
I am told that so far, all withdrawal requests made to QuadrigaCX have been processed within 12 hours. Has this also been the case for you?
kostja

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 05:55:17 AM

There are methods to cash at any ATM.
joeroxor

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:34:38 PM

I am told that so far, all withdrawal requests made to QuadrigaCX have been processed within 12 hours. Has this also been the case for you?

Yes, the longest I've waited was 6 hours at one point, I think it was new years though.

At this moment they do all the deposits and withdrawals manually while they make sure their automated system runs perfectly before implementation.

Social Media & PR @ BitOrca | Contact: joe.r0x0r@gmail.com | Twitter | Wallet Addresses
Sell/Buy Bitcoin code! @ BitOrcaOrcaBlog | Best Bitcoin Tool Competiton!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: