Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 01:12:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralization or total control?  (Read 331 times)
GrandBcn (OP)

Activity: 275
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:10:42 PM
Merited by Jobbernowl (1)

Now strange things are happening.
On the one hand, cryptocurrencies are decentralized assets. This attracted many here. What do we see today? Many exchanges, ICO's ask for your documents to establishing the identity.
The government is trying to tax all transactions. But to tell you the truth, the government has nothing to do with it at all. Why do I have to pay taxes on cryptocurrency transactions? Therefore, I no longer understand where this limit of incognito and where declaring of incomes begins.
Yes, I understand .... weapons, drugs. But they were before the advent of cryptocurrency and they will always be.
In terms of security - here, too, not everything is clear. The government wants to get taxes. OK. But they don't want to protect us from hackers or scammers. Maybe make some sort of insurance. That is, it is some kind of collapse. On the one hand, we are obliged to pay income tax from 25 to 56% (in different countries in different ways). But on the other side what do we get in return? Nothing, just nothing, zero, emptiness.
What are your thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:13:11 PM

in return for taxes you get a functioning society and a population that won't kill you for the food on your plate. most of the other stuff is your problem. you think moaning about it will change anything? it's a fact of life. you're free to try and evade this stuff. most people pay it for the sake of a quiet life.
GrandBcn (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:20:33 PM

in return for taxes you get a functioning society and a population that won't kill you for the food on your plate. most of the other stuff is your problem. you think moaning about it will change anything? it's a fact of life. you're free to try and evade this stuff. most people pay it for the sake of a quiet life.

But I pay a lot of taxes in my country. This is the tax on the second apartment, the pension tax when selling real estate or car, it is land tax, personal income tax, wind tax (yes, wind also belongs to the state). Do you think this is not enough? These taxes, which I personally pay out each month enough to feed 10 poor people.
david_019

Activity: 256
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:22:22 PM

As a normal citizen in our different respective country we have no power so far about how to stop the forcing power of the government to get taxes from us on our crypto profit if they will enforce that. Seeing the positive side that through our taxes we are helping our own nation is a comfort and enough to give us willingness to obey if we love our country. Yes crypto is decentralized but this system has also powerless if the government will force to use their power.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:24:21 PM

But I pay a lot of taxes in my country. This is the tax on the second apartment, the pension tax when selling real estate or car, it is land tax, personal income tax, wind tax (yes, wind also belongs to the state). Do you think this is not enough? These taxes, which I personally pay out each month enough to feed 10 poor people.

if you don't like it then either move or vote for a government that promises to lower them. it doesn't matter what you or anyone else feels about it. they're a fixture that isn't going away.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:31:53 PM

If the country regulate crypto then they may TAX it , but why TAX something you did not regulate in first place ! I think that what OP want to say . regulate it first and put rules  then you may TAX it . I think add TAX on something that is not regulated yet is out of line .

Bottom line regulate it then TAX it .
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:34:28 PM

On the one hand, cryptocurrencies are decentralized assets. This attracted many here. What do we see today? Many exchanges, ICO's ask for your documents to establishing the identity.
The government is trying to tax all transactions. But to tell you the truth, the government has nothing to do with it at all. Why do I have to pay taxes on cryptocurrency transactions? Therefore, I no longer understand where this limit of incognito and where declaring of incomes begins.
Yes, I understand .... weapons, drugs. But they were before the advent of cryptocurrency and they will always be.
In terms of security - here, too, not everything is clear. The government wants to get taxes. OK. But they don't want to protect us from hackers or scammers. Maybe make some sort of insurance. That is, it is some kind of collapse. On the one hand, we are obliged to pay income tax from 25 to 56% (in different countries in different ways). But on the other side what do we get in return? Nothing, just nothing, zero, emptiness.
What are your thoughts?
Decentralization is now an indispensable trend for the whole society! Ensuring privacy and confidentiality can not be by an organization or individual! It's all community! and for the community
GrandBcn (OP)

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:35:13 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2018, 05:56:30 PM by GrandBcn

~

I understand & agree with you. It's just .... sometimes it's more emotional than it should be.

Yes, that is right. They want to do nothing, but half the profits are taken to the state's coffers.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:38:19 PM

If the country regulate crypto then they may TAX it , but why TAX something you did not regulate in first place ! I think that what OP want to say . regulate it first and put rules  then you may TAX it . I think add TAX on something that is not regulated yet is out of line .

are tables regulated? are paintings of mountains regulated? are hats made of canvas regulated? nope. but if you sell enough of them you have to pay tax on the transactions just like everything else.

this is no longer internet magic land. this is the real world and in the real world if you fart the chances are it's gonna be taxed.
Oumal

Activity: 542
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:43:48 PM

What are your thoughts?

Yes, unfortunately, at the moment they can put under control. So far, not many people have used crypto conversions. When there is decentralized Internet and exchange, when the use of crypto will be massive, only then it will be possible that something will change.
Hoxysado

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:45:21 PM

What are your thoughts?
I think decentralized systems are much better
In my opinion people have more chances there than in any other places
IgorShumilo

Activity: 518
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:50:55 PM

Now there are a lot of decentralized exchanges where you do not need any documents proving your identity. In the near future there will be even more of them. Translate crypto into Fiat, too, is not particularly difficult and do not pay taxes)
MainIbem

Activity: 1344
Merit: 386

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:52:48 PM

There are several taxes. There are direct taxes and there are indirect taxes. Taxes are a tool for social engineering. The way the government talks about taxes sometimes does not reflect this idea of taxation. There are good things embedded in the crypto world. The focus on taxes alone is closing an eye to the more benefits of the crypto benefits and therefore counterproductive.

The pursuit of total control of the crypto industry by government is, therefore, more than just tax.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 04:27:36 PM

It is not profitable for any state to lose control, especially control over the finances of its citizens. since the emergence of cryptocurrencies and blockchain, government agencies have sought to subordinate all resources. block web resources, accused of hiding income, impose taxes on cryptocurrencies. just so they will not retreat and will try to control the entire blockchain.
farhiamunni

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:44:23 AM

i have some issues with taxes, in may part of world they takes taxes but don't impliment it at all. i lost faith from them so i don't expect them to save us from hackers or scammers anymore.
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:04:28 AM

***-snip-
On the one hand, we are obliged to pay income tax from 25 to 56% (in different countries in different ways). But on the other side what do we get in return? Nothing, just nothing, zero, emptiness.
What are your thoughts?
Are you sure nothing?
That's is not quick result what you have given as a tax to your country, that is for the whole economics of society. At least you have contributed a little amount to your country, in way of paying taxes you can also help the economic growth in your country as well.
So don't hesitate of paying just a small amount from you.

But lucky for me we don't need to pay tax here our government they not implementing any law regarding cryptocurrency that the reason we much enjoy using cryptocurrency.
ledinasaliasi

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:41:11 AM

i believe using centrallized altcoins is not a good choice because it feels like we are always under supervisor of the company or governments, my purpose to get in this cryptomarket because i believe in a world without any control from any third parties, so privacy is a very serious situation when we talk about it, and i really don't want to pay any taxes because the government can cotrol us if we use centralized altcoins.
Road445

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:47:52 AM

Again, I'm worried about this.
When the government begins to intervene in the whole cryptocurrency market, the market will become centralized.

jamesmitchel018

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:04:07 AM

Tax is necessary for running a country. It is your duty as a citizen to pay taxes and it is a must. No matter what you feel, you have to pay it.
earnetheasy

Activity: 308
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:04:14 AM

You are right in some point like drugs, crime was there and will be in future. But tax can assure your national security. And if tax is not tracked, drugs and crime will go at a higher level that make people intended to crime more in future. So I believe it would be safe for traders and country as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: