Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 10:34:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING - Cryptsy loses your Coins!!  (Read 5078 times)
mybogusname (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:23:55 PM

STAY AWAY FROM CRYPTSY FOR NOW!!!

I lost a bunch of coins in trade...Wrote up a ticket... started trading other coins... LOST MORE.. Added to my ticket.. Traded others.. LOST MORE and added to my ticket again!

I have had a ticket for over 6 days open, with a generic response that if they actually read what I wrote, they would have seen that I had already done what they suggested.

Found MULLICKS post on here about how he has contacted people, and THEY did not respond via PM. SO I contacted him... nothing. Then all of a sudden BITJOHN responded via PM. He said
"PM me and Ill see if I can get your issue solved by the morning if it doesn't sooner. Im mobile right now or I would."
(December 19, 2013, 04:53:39 PM »)

So I did... nothing. No fix, no response. SO the next evening I messaged him again...

"Hello, I just checked my account, and it has not been fixed. I also checked my ticket, and it has not been addressed. I was hoping you were going to have this fixed by this morning. Thanks in advance."
(December 20, 2013, 11:24:26 AM »)

Then again I wrote
"Ticket #41810"
( December 20, 2013, 01:40:02 PM »)

I then got a reply to my second ticket I had written, BITJOHN claimed that I double purchased DOGE and to sell some other coins to bring by negative balance to zero.

The funny part is, I have NEVER bought DOGE, and my transaction history shows that. SO I replied and told him that and included the DOGE transaction ID from my wallet (which matches how much DOGE I have in my account). (that was 16 hours ago from the time of this post)

Then I PM'ed BITJOHN here and said "I replied to your response for the ticket" (December 21, 2013 at 02:17:33 AM »

Then again
"I responded to your ticket response. I NEVER traded any DOGE, nor does my account show that I did. Plus I included the transaction id number and date and time showing the amount I transferred from my wallet to cryptsy matches the current balance I have in cryptsy. This is now day 6 since my first ticket... and still no fix! I am missing lots of coins and they need to be replaced!"
(December 21, 2013 at 02:11:24 PM »)

I have also been posting in his thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246679 updating things as they happened.

If this is not rectified immediately, then I will have no choice but to file with the Attorney Generals office in Florida, The SEC, and the Office of Comptroller of Currency -Unites States Treasury Department. I will also post links for others to do the same.

This is not what I want to do, but I will not hesitate if I have to. I tried being nice and patient. But this is ridiculous now!

Other trading sites (I have not used yet, but have recently signed up for) are;

https://www.coins-e.com
https://coinedup.com
https://vircurex.com
BitJohn

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

@Bit_John

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:25:26 PM

Replied to your ticket.
mybogusname (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:51:02 PM

Thank you. I replied as well. I am still missing the lost coin .10864368 BTC (refernce ticket #41810, Vern already replaced my 150 quark that disappeared).

Just to update everybody, BITJOHN brought my balance back to 0 (it was negative). I am still missing .10864368 BTC (not alot, but missing nonetheless).

On a sidenote, if you guys responded to tickets and Pm's as fast as you just did, I am pretty confident that the other problems and growing pains you are having, the customers would be more adapt to stick it out with you. How things have been going, LOTS of people leaving cryptsy (just read this forum, you can't go into almost any thread without seeing people mad, upset and/or leaving to other exchanges).
hypostatization

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 11:32:39 PM

On a sidenote, if you guys responded to tickets and Pm's as fast as you just did, I am pretty confident that the other problems and growing pains you are having, the customers would be more adapt to stick it out with you.

Cryptsy is sacrificing the integrity of their support queue, so that they can accommodate the most vocal minority of frustrated users. By publicly addressing small numbers of complaints---those that are the most visible---it allows Cryptsy to sidestep effectively addressing the majority of tickets, and further delay fixing root causes. It amounts to selective scamming; less vocal users get shafted. A reason your ticket has gone ignored is specifically because Cryptsy is playing support games. It is a cheap sleight of hand PR tactic, and effective.

I am happy for you that you have had your issue resolved!

All other frustrated users: consider how quickly mybogusname  received attention, and the path to resolution. Cryptsy will cater to public complaints and legal threats. It is a risky behavior, with long term costs that Cryptsy may not realize that it is encouraging---but possibly your best opportunity to stem the financial loss Cryptsy is causing you.

Investors: witness Cryptsy is actively driving users from its site, while potentially compromising their long term ability to support users by establishing bad precedents, and simultaneously encouraging of legal threats that jeopardize your investment. Caveat emptor.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
digicoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 11:39:50 PM

I said in another thread: MongoDB is the source of evil. Cryptsy chooses it to dance with troubles. Bad choice for reliable database
o3u

Activity: 393

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 11:45:10 PM

My 740 XPM have been ROBBED by cryptsy.

I opened tickets relating to several bugs on the site on december 14.

These bugs were also witnessed by Sanghelli.
I talked to pr9me in IRC he claimed i overspent, i did not, that was another problem they had on cryptsy.

I  bought @ 5 and sold @ 6, in the XPM/CENT market,

The trading engine "encouraged me" to buy more by indicating, as all logical interpretation of my trades would, that my balance was GROWING.

My balance kept on growing for several hours. Until i noticed something wrong with the trades, my balance kept on growing as it executed trades in the inverse order i placed them, that is it bought @ 6 and sold @ 5.

there was nothing i could do to stop it, and my balance kept on growing.

After a while, in a moment my balance just disappeared out of nowhere, and went negative! down to -140 XPM i believe, i continued seeking support and someone nicnamed "NotBigVern" reimbursed my balance to 0. However it was 740 XPM before this thing. That was worth 3000 $ at the time, and i intended to exchange it right then!

I repeatedly tried to talk to someone on IRC, ticket system, support forum, Reddit, my friend succeeded on contacting bitjohn who seemingly helped him with another problem.

I have not messaged bitjohn yet here, but i will now. He seems to have problems with his email? or maybe my emails got lost @ the post office? gotta hate unverifiable communication.

I want my 740 XPM back, sanghelli wants his > 800 XPM back, and i have a few more people's emails, who had the same problem.

Hopefully bitjohn can reply and fix this problem here.

o3u

Activity: 393

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 11:47:29 PM

ALSO,
i Would post my original ticket numbers but they have been CLOSED without notice without being resolved, and all i got was emails from them about overspending, and being "allowed" to overspent.

I don't care if you have a bug. Fix it, don't take my money.

My tickets were all closed even the ones with screenshots, very revealing screenshots, how convenient right? i'm starting to wonder if these "Bugs" are sitting behind a monitor right now.
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:02:47 AM

i hope this gets sorted out for you...

^ I am with STUPID!
mybogusname (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:05:49 AM

On a sidenote, if you guys responded to tickets and Pm's as fast as you just did, I am pretty confident that the other problems and growing pains you are having, the customers would be more adapt to stick it out with you.

Cryptsy is sacrificing the integrity of their support queue, so that they can accommodate the most vocal minority of frustrated users. By publicly addressing small numbers of complaints---those that are the most visible---it allows Cryptsy to sidestep effectively addressing the majority of tickets, and further delay fixing root causes. It amounts to selective scamming; less vocal users get shafted. A reason your ticket has gone ignored is specifically because Cryptsy is playing support games. It is a cheap sleight of hand PR tactic, and effective.

I am happy for you that you have had your issue resolved!

All other frustrated users: consider how quickly mybogusname  received attention, and the path to resolution. Cryptsy will cater to public complaints and legal threats. It is a risky behavior, with long term costs that Cryptsy may not realize that it is encouraging---but possibly your best opportunity to stem the financial loss Cryptsy is causing you.

Investors: witness Cryptsy is actively driving users from its site, while potentially compromising their long term ability to support users by establishing bad precedents, and simultaneously encouraging of legal threats that jeopardize your investment. Caveat emptor.
]

You are actually wrong. I posted my ticket almost a week ago, and waited. Then I followed Mullicks recomendation to PM him. Then I had to post another ticket for a different reason. Then Bitjohn got back to me. I tired in good faith to follow there rules, wait when Bitjohn said he would have it fixed, tried to do it via ticket system, then PM, then public. I only became vocal when I kept receiving empty promises or altogether being ignored.

And I also disagree, because the ticket that I submitted SECOND, got responded to BEFORE the ticket I submitted first. Clearly showing that there was no orderly fashion. I also publicly posted it because from a business point of view, if management/ownershp doesn't see where they are lacking, then they cannot fix the problem. If you have ever been in management, then you would already know that.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:33:11 AM

still missing xpm, btc, and, buk.

think all my tickets are closed as resolved, think all my replacement tickets are being ignored.

they run their audit and think they've solved your issues.

somethings a miss with the lot, plenty of people continue to have the same issues, wonder how many peoples balances are wrong and they haven't themselves kept track.
farkedup

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:40:51 AM

I too have lost money in the CENT/XPM fiasco. Only my last set of trades was to BUY CENT which is now completely gone Sad So I don't have a way to claim I'm missing XPM because I actually bought CENT.

I think I need to just go through and withdraw my funds
JohnnyCrypto

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:46:54 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2014, 08:35:11 AM by JohnnyCrypto

Grin
hypostatization

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:58:51 AM

You are actually wrong. I posted my ticket almost a week ago, and waited. Then I followed Mullicks recomendation to PM him. Then I had to post another ticket for a different reason. Then Bitjohn got back to me. I tired in good faith to follow there rules, wait when Bitjohn said he would have it fixed, tried to do it via ticket system, then PM, then public. I only became vocal when I kept receiving empty promises or altogether being ignored.

And I also disagree, because the ticket that I submitted SECOND, got responded to BEFORE the ticket I submitted first. Clearly showing that there was no orderly fashion. I also publicly posted it because from a business point of view, if management/ownershp doesn't see where they are lacking, then they cannot fix the problem. If you have ever been in management, then you would already know that.

We are actually in total agreement! My intention was not to criticize you, but point out that Cryptsy has responded in a meaningful fashion only when the complaint becomes public. Cryptsy is fully responsible. What you describe is exactly my point.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
VesperPL

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:37:10 PM

For five days i'm waiting for fix my negative ballance. mThey give me -0.41btc and now I can't witherdraws any coins until I pay that debt.
Cryptsy suck!!! I lost a lot of money. I cant trade and get back my cash it's some joke?

Cryptsy fix my negative btc ballance immediately. I will not wait anymore!!! my support ticket #54503
samwan

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:51:43 PM

wow, i thought cryptsy.com would be serious. Now i'm afraid.  Huh
xIronCrossx

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:55:59 PM

I haven't been able to overspend for a while now. It will always tell me insufficient funds. The only time I ever got a negative balance is when it was laggy and I was spamming the buy/sell/cancel buttons. Stop being so damn stupid and get some common sense. If something lags, you don't spam the buttons because those clicks will eventually go through potentially causing a negative balance. Also, if you get trades that are obviously not yours (I got an extra bit of LTC once), then don't trade that because it will get taken out again.

Common sense, use it and you won't have issues.

BTC - 1Comr6M3WohRK94Wi1PVTV8szhxjzLd9yd
majkara

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 05:57:48 PM

Substandard service due to inadequate hardware and poor customer services...quite a bad service all in all...
VesperPL

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:32:45 PM

If I get back my cash I thin twice before deposit any coin on Cryptsy!!!
Eliavres

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:46:23 PM

Cryptsy should just disappear. And MtGox too btw. They're horrible, but they have just so. much. money. going through that it's keeping better exchanges of similar size from appearing. If they were to disappear, people would flock to other exchanges and I'm sure they'd have better quality, as they wouldn't want to repeat the same mistakes that led to those two's demise.
VesperPL

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:18:47 PM

We should make some really noise!!! Maybe on facebook make antCryptsy profile and there describe our problems. If evryone post thread with some pictures... maybe they can finally listen to us!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: