Poll
Question: Do you believe in Aliens?
I believe in Aliens
I don't believe in Aliens
I have seen an UFO
I have seen an Alien

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe in Aliens?  (Read 6207 times)
rohnearner

Activity: 350
Merit: 252

REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 10:54:39 AM

Question:    Do you believe in Aliens?
I believe in Aliens    - 51 (64.6%)
I don't believe in Aliens    - 17 (21.5%)
I have seen an UFO    - 6 (7.6%)
I have seen an Alien    - 5 (6.3%)

Total Voters: 79

So there are few members in this forum too who saw aliens. Hmm This existence of alien is there thats my believe although i don't believe in those UFO stories..! might be true .

Nope

Lol that might be the reason that out of 10cases of kidnapping by aliens 9 of them are from USA. :p

ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:50:22 PM

HELL No! I don't believe there is another species intelligent like humans.Its we human who rule the universe.
Kiki112

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:20:06 PM

HELL No! I don't believe there is another species intelligent like humans.Its we human who rule the universe.

humans, oh that pityful race...

they even dare to say the're the only intelligent life form in space, ha!
they call that intelligent Cheesy

Mythul

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 06:14:48 PM

No, sorry.
JohnTheGoat

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 07:50:38 PM

yes . but far away. not on earth like mib I & II
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:30:30 PM

As a scientist I find it fascinating that so many people are certain of the existence of space aliens.  There is no real evidence to support this position yet we see that a majority of people here still believe. At the same time many well founded, even proven, theories are dismissed because of a "belief" they are not true.

I'm curious as to why. Why would someone believe in say aliens, when there is no science behind it? On what is this belief based?   

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 08:36:19 PM

Yes, there is no real evidence to prove there are aliens. I believe that time will come, may be not in my life time.

A crude example may be polar bears do not believe in the existance of penguins...
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:53:22 PM

Yes, there is no real evidence to prove there are aliens. I believe that time will come, may be not in my life time.

A crude example may be polar bears do not believe in the existance of penguins...
Now that is a realistic view. Even without evidence I can understand the argument about how much stranger it would be if this was the only place life existed. I was more thinking of the person who sees a strange light in the sky and assumes the least likely possibility. And it's not just aliens. We all see blogs about mermaids, bigfoot, vampires, etc. They all sport a collection of blurry photos and completely unsupported claims.
Something like 33% of Americans do not "believe" evolution is real. That's shocking when you consider that it underpins all modern biology and medicine. I'm guessing everyday someone visits their doctor for gene therapy, someone who refuses to believe in the very procedure they are undergoing.   

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 08:55:39 PM

We are in no way the only living species in the galaxy.   
sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:49:01 PM

I don't 'believe' in them. I know for a "fact" there is a possibility they do exist, made of atoms and amino-acids just like you and me. Belief is the wrong word IMO, either they do exist in our physical realm as material beings or they don't. Belief is reserved for God or Allah etc, they do not exist in our physical realm and they are not made of atoms.

Fuck yeah I believe in the existence of Aliens.
ltcifc

Activity: 344

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:53:43 PM

They are here
Nathonas

Activity: 280

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2014, 12:59:36 AM

I believe in aliens so much I wrote an article about it.

http://jasonoleinik.hubpages.com/hub/Alien-Life

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
Duomo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 06:47:28 PM

I absolutely believe in aliens. The galaxy is way too large to truly believe we are not alone. More probable simple one cell organisms rather than intelligent life, but I am sure it exists if you travel light years away from the planet earth. We probably won't be able to obtain interstellar travel for over another 500+ years most likely.
Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 07:09:42 PM

I believe in aliens so much I wrote an article about it.

http://jasonoleinik.hubpages.com/hub/Alien-Life

Very interesting article. It is really good. I also like that youtube video you added.
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:45:59 AM

everyone knows that if it is on youtube it means that it is true.  If you don't believe me then check out the mermaids that they have caught on film there..haha.

But on the real...in terms of aliens on youtube, have you guys seen that one where it is supposedly an alien interview inside area 54 or whatever?   The narrator is describing what is going on...pretty crazy
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3099

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2014, 03:24:30 AM

I absolutely believe in aliens. The galaxy is way too large to truly believe we are not alone. More probable simple one cell organisms rather than intelligent life, but I am sure it exists if you travel light years away from the planet earth. We probably won't be able to obtain interstellar travel for over another 500+ years most likely.

I think it will be a lot sooner than that.

We'll have interplanetary travel within 20 years.
We'll travel to our nearest neighbour star within 50 years.

Faster than light travel may prove to be impossible, so while we may detect other civilizations, we may never actually meet them.

https://nastyscam.com - featuring 13 years of OGNasty bitcoin scams     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming sooner than you think!
keithers
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:38:01 AM

I think it will be a lot sooner than that.

We'll have interplanetary travel within 20 years.
We'll travel to our nearest neighbour star within 50 years.

Faster than light travel may prove to be impossible, so while we may detect other civilizations, we may never actually meet them.

If we are able to travel as fast as the speed of light we would theoretically be able to travel through time, and therefore go back in time and buy up all the bitcoins when they were a fraction of a penny each, and become a BTC bazillionaire lol.
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:07:22 AM

As a scientist I find it fascinating that so many people are certain of the existence of space aliens.  There is no real evidence to support this position yet we see that a majority of people here still believe. At the same time many well founded, even proven, theories are dismissed because of a "belief" they are not true.

I'm curious as to why. Why would someone believe in say aliens, when there is no science behind it? On what is this belief based?   

For me, because I have seen a UFO and have seen an alien.  I thought they were real when I was pretty young, after comprehending how limitless the universe is.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Lucky Cris

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 08:32:17 AM

I can't say why so many believe in aliens but here's another way to think of this: Life didn't germinate out of nothingness on earth, agree?

Some single cell organism that eventually spawned all this came from somewhere in the great vastness we call the universe. Now, if you're with me (I think you are unless we've finally figured out how to create life), then you'll understand what I'm about to say....

It doesn't matter if an organism hitched a ride on an asteroid or were planted here by intelligent beings...  just saying there's no real evidence for people NOT to believe. Even if we're the only intelligent life in the universe, it wouldn't negate the fact that there's life (alien life because it didn't start here), out there. Give it some thought.

But now I'm curious about something as well. As a scientist - you know that nothing is fact until it has been proven. We haven't proven otherwise, so isn't it fair to say that it's just a theory that we're alone in the universe? Only once we've explored all possibilities will "we're alone" become fact. I'm actually really surprised of your position on this topic and why you asked these questions...

Wanesst

Activity: 421

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 09:00:42 AM

Surely. So boring to think we are alone.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: