Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:38:18 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes?  (Read 3275 times)
seramania

Activity: 827
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 06:19:07 AM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
I will sell when the coins are priced above 30% other than that when the price drops I will buy back because I hope the coin will rise back above 30%. that's my strategy

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
nekorakoeora

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 06:42:47 AM

It depends on the target holder satisfaction and coins. If 30% is enough to feel sure they will lose, but if it is still affordable then hold course first. In addition to this search know reasons why can go up that much. If you still have the possibility to go up then hold course. But if it goes up high and then down, then sell it and buy again when it is low.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
Proc.dev

Activity: 287
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:17:44 AM

The answer on this question depends on your own strategy.
For daytrading it is more profitable to sell after such spike. In long term it's usefull to observe situation for some days.

Marcel666

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:26:53 AM

Depends on how high it goes. F
I mostly sell off a % of my coins if it rises by 50% or 80%.
But, for a 200%+ increase, I sell of completely, with no regrets.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
gokusenpai0302

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 10:25:59 AM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

If you don't want to lose your money don't sell your current coin if saw the market turns red or falls down. Have patient to hold your coins because the price drop it's just temporary, the market will rise again. My strategy is whenever the market is falling down, I buy coins because it will give me an opportunity to increase my margin profit.

|█ ▌     BGX.AI     ▐ █|
A DECENTRALIZED FINANCIAL PLATFORM FOR THE MOBILE GAMES INDUSTRY
|▌PRE-SALE STARTS : MAY 8, 2018▐|
Visteryy

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:27:02 AM

I will continue to wait to see if the price can rise more or not, then I decided to sell his coin. If it just increased a bit and then lowered then I would continue to hold more for a while longer
Pr.Victus

Activity: 322

Global loyalty & rewards

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:29:41 AM

30% of the increase in the cost is a great opportunity for sale. I saw the situation when the coin has doubled in two days. it was very painful not to sell, because it is then returned to the former value. Who does not know how to behave in one or the other coin.

Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:37:33 AM

I sell some part of my stack and HODL the rest for later. I sell only certain number of coins in order to cash out my profits which is required for personal reasons and save the rest for later. If I am faced with an emergency, I sell all my coins. Personally, I am a HODLER myself and I usually HODL the coins and tokens in my portfolio for a long period of time in order to earn healthy profits in the long run. For example, I HODLED Oyster PRL recently and sold a good portion of it when it reached its high and saved the rest since I felt it can go even higher in the future.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 10:46:04 AM

In my own thoughts,  I would rather hold my coin and wait until it stabilizes and if this will no longer increase,  I will have to sell it once I can gain profit from my investment. That is the way I handle my investment  and for me it is just a matter of observation and analysis on the market trend.
panosdada

Activity: 456
Merit: 102

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:53:27 PM

If the price of tokens that I have is falling, I do not rush to get rid of them, because in the future it is possible that the price will start to increase if the project starts a new stage of development!

Filfil

Activity: 333
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:59:48 PM

If you have time to drain all the coins at the peak of it is good. Then you wait for the coin to drop, to re-buy the coin, but this is only if you believe that later it will grow even more.

askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:06:28 PM

It depends upon the project to be very specific. I have seen NEO from the time of antshares, if I would have sold it in the initial 50% hike, I would not be in the profit level I am on today.
Before doing any investment, I do my research to understand the potential, some projects are quick flip and I will definitely do my sell off if I see a spike, some projects are for organic growth and I prefer to hold them for years.
nemey

Activity: 658

Catena X

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:29:14 PM

It's very often to face this like-condition. So many jumps on the altcoin price. But, it doesn't mean to sell them. Because I will lose my capital. I hold my coins and look them at the higher price to sell.

E x p e r i e n c e   t h e   F u t u r e   o f   D e F i
██ ███ ██    C a t e n a  X    ██ ███ ██
|        T w i t t e r        |      T e l e g r a m      |   A N N   T h r e a d   |         G i t h u b         |
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 09:39:10 PM

I usually cash out a portion when this happens. I part of that amount I will invest in other good coins so to diversify my portfolio and increase my chance for profit. The rest I will use for my personal needs as I also need to take care of myself.  Cheesy

quarkyplum

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:43:22 PM

In the case where your cryptos have soared, you should calmly analyze and find the cause. If this increase is unusual and there is no apparent cause, then sell the cryptos at the time price is highest. Then wait for the exchange rate to fall back to reinvest or switch to other cryptos.
sorehammer

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:47:49 PM

I hold best coins in my crypto basket and 30% profit is not a big profit for me.I bought ETH at a value $280 and currently it stands around $700 but still i am holding i know that after current improvements program ETH will reach to moon.Yes in case of other Altcoins i do same thing,sell when price is high and buy back when price is low.Your strategies should be clear.

PLAY
               ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄▄
          ▄▄███████████    █████▄
      ▄▄███████    ████▄▄▄▄███████
  ▄▄███    ████▄▄▄▄███████████████▌
▄██████▄▄▄▄███████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████▀█  ███████████
 ▐█████████████████▄  ▀     ▀██████▌
  ████████████████▀    ▄▄▄   ███████
  ▐███████████████▄ ▄  ▐███   ▀██████▌
   ▐████████████████   ▀▀      ██████
    ███  ▀███████████▌   ▄▄██   ▐█████▌
    ▐██▄  ███████████   ▐███   ███████
     ████████████████▌   ▀   ▄███████
     ▐██████████████▀    ▄ ▀██████▀
      ▀███████████████  ▄ ▀█▄████▀
        ▀████████████████▄███▀▀
          ▀███████████████▀▀
            ▀██████████▀▀
              ▀████▀▀
ITCOIN
G   A   M   E   S
       ▄██▄
      ▐████▄▄▄██
  ▄   █████████▀
   ▀▄ ▀█████▀▀
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
 ▀ ▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄███▄
 ▄███████  ██████▄
▄█████▀      ▀█████
██████  ▀  █▄▄██████
███████▄▄    ▀██████
 █████  ▀  ▀  █████▀
  ▀████▄▄  ▄▄█████▀
    ▀▀███▄▄█████▀
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▄█ ▄▀▄           █
▄▄▄▀▀▀  █ █▀█           █
█  ▄▄    █      ▄█▄      █
▀▄ █▄▀▄  █    ▄█████▄    █
█ ▀     █  ▄█████████▄  █
█      █  ███████████  █
▀▄     █   ▀▀▀ █ ▀▀▀   █
█     █      ▀▀▀      █
█    █               █
▀▄   ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
█       ▄▄▄▀▀       
▀▄▄▄▀▀▀             
           ▄▄▄   
          █   ▀▀▀▄▄▄
         █  ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀▄▄▄
        █   ███    ▄▄▄   ▐▌
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███   █
█               █       █
█          ███  █ ▄    █
█          ▀▀▀  █ ██  █
█      ███      █ ▀  █
█      ▀▀▀      █   █
█  ███          █ ▀▀
█  ▀▀▀          █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
acheampong64

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:48:28 PM

an interesting question indeed. But what I know is that whenever a coin spikes in price, that is when it becomes most difficult to trade your coins. Well when my coin spikes, I join community discussions to find out the reason and that'll determine my next actions sell or keep them
Youngflydude256

Activity: 137
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:51:40 PM

Its normal to figure out the major reason for the spike. Could it  be a new listing, new partnership, meeting a new roadmap e.t.c??... If it is of course I hold for more profits but if it is  none of the factors above I quickly sell off and maybe buy back in future.
DamilolaB

Activity: 313

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:52:09 PM

From my own perspective, I would prefer to sell at the point where is a reasonable profit on my investment, but i would rather still some because there might be likelihood that the will still increase. And paradventure the price later falls, I will explore that opportunity to buy more to make profit at a future date.
ashuawei

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:55:27 PM

In cases like now that the my coin will spike to 30% surely i will sell a portion of it and the rest hold it for a while.  For me, as long as i see the market price of the coin is good like the price jumps to 20% - 30% surely i will sell it so that i can earn also profits not that big but at least it increases and updates my portfolio in the long run it will become big if you some up it for 1 whole year.  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: