Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:45:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes?  (Read 3270 times)
elosi

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:18:41 PM

If the coin i am holding jumps to that amount of percentage ie 30% then I will take 20% gain and wait for the price to dip once again, when the price dip again, I will re-buy some of the tokens to complete my initial holdings.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
albertvahitov

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:21:28 PM

Everything is depends my predictions on thats coin if i think the price will grow more, i will hold until the target.   If we say that my coins are lost in price, then I just leave them to better times.
akirasendo7

Activity: 58

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:23:47 PM

when my coins spikes, i sell my capital and convert it to cash
and left my profit, trade and grow it much bigger
this technique is so nice, you are playing with the profit and
the capital is already safe with this you don't have to think
of being bankrupt or anything you feel like you have nothing
to lose
Perfect35

Activity: 854
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:32:02 PM

It is always okay with every little profit i get. Profit either big or small is still profit. There are times one might think that a coin will continue to rise, yet after some few minutes, the next thing you see is it's fall. So, i sell no matter how little the profit is and buy back if it plummets.
CrimsonGT

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 03:51:42 PM

I suppose when you see such spike, you need to find out the key factors leading to it, and then decide to sell or HOLD it for the future, in case the factors are rather stable and you see that it is not a hype.
Dondont

Activity: 446
Merit: 12

BitbondSTO.com | Germany’s First STO

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2018, 04:28:24 PM

for me, when I know that the coin / tokens I hold are spikes, I'm most likely going to sell them all. then look for altcoin being dip. do not need to be greedy to get profit, if it is enough, better sell. Because, mostly people will regret because they're still waiting even when the spikes is on.

thrylos

Activity: 146

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:30:57 PM

Yes! This was I learned from my past experienced. I lost my profit and almost were gone. So selling it atleast at 50% is a good profit already and buy back when it is going down once again.
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:35:53 PM

Most times I take profits and the other time, greed comes in and I always get rekted. And all this two periods, I have learnt something very essential to my survival and that is never allow greed any space before i enter any trade, i should map out what I want from such trade and follow it religiously. Once my profit or stop loss target is reached, i should execute the trade and forget about it. Risk management is also essential here.
Ryananda

Activity: 812
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:53:11 PM

when the coin we hold jumps 30% then I will immediately sell it, because 30% jump is not a small amount for the profit-seeking.
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:55:34 PM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

I usually has a target price for selling and stop loss.
So i'm not panicking when the price spike because everything is under my control
sasisa

Activity: 154
Merit: 30

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 04:56:02 PM

I'll probably sell that coin. In any case, you can have a profit. And then if the coin starts to recover buy it again.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:12:48 PM

I'll always make sure that I'll make when it spikes, though spikes are extremely unpredictable and you'll be needing huge amounts of luck before you even get a chance to get that spike, but if I do get the chance, I'll make wise decisions, its either sell my coin or exchange, and or make trades.
Elsonbol

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:15:22 PM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

at everyone here the strategy when my altcoin show +30%, I not in which cases don't sell them as I as have not wide experience in trade though I regret that I at peak haven't sold, could make good money when there is the following peak I surely will sell a half to buy more.
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:19:04 PM

This depends on the coin because I simultaneously hold stronger and different sentiments for different coins. For example, if for one of the coins that happens to spike I think it can reach more than the spike I'd leave the coin in but if I feel by looking at the trends that there is no much promise later I trade for another.

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
jc89

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:21:05 PM

I rarely do anything when the price of a coin or token I hold increases in value. Most of the coins and tokens I own is for a long term investment in my part. I often convert my tokens to Ethereum of Bitcoin and then hold them until I need to convert it to cash for urgent expenses. The habit of holding despite of the spike made me loss clear profit but I never regret my decisions regarding this matter. As long as I gained profit, there's no point regretting.

▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
            ▄▄▓▓▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓▓▓▓
          ▄▓▓░░░░░▄▄████████▄▄░░░░░░▓▓
        ▄▓▀░░░░██████████████████▄░░░▓▓▌
       ▓▓░░░▄██████████████████████▄░░░▓▓▄
      ▓░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░▓▄
     ▓▓░░░████████████████████████████▌░░░▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████░░░░░████████████░░░▓▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████▓███████████▌░░▐▓
    ▓▓░░░█████████████▓████████████████▌░░▐▓
    ▐▓░░░▓████████████▓░██░████████████░░░▓█
     ▓▓░░░████████████▓░██████████████▌░░░▓▌
      ▓▓░░░███████████▓██████████████▀░░░█▌
       ▓▓░░░░█████████▓▄███████████░░░░█▀
        ▓▓░░░░░██████████████████▀░░░░▓█
          ▓▓░░░░░░▀██████████▀▀░░░░░▓█▀
            ▀▓▓░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▓█▀
                ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███ BRIDGING MARKETS ███
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██  Social Media  ██
██▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██
MidnightWolf

Activity: 630

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:29:42 PM

I'll always make sure that I'll make when it spikes, though spikes are extremely unpredictable and you'll be needing huge amounts of luck before you even get a chance to get that spike, but if I do get the chance, I'll make wise decisions, its either sell my coin or exchange, and or make trades.
Are there any chances to increase your fortune if you save all the coins and tokens for several years? Will every project develop or half die?
greydking

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 05:39:49 PM

I will sell it immediately, but unfortunately we do not know when it will reach the peak. So in order to get more profits, we can only keep it as often as possible.
BitNotByte

Activity: 227

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:13:59 PM

Im gonna go sell a part of my total tokens and gonna hodl the other part of it. Once the token price goes back to its original average price after the sudden spike, It would be great to buy back more tokens from your instant profit with the sudden spike.

victorski

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:25:29 PM

Most of the time I just sell them, because it is common that after pump goes dump, and I would be able to buy my coin back, and get my profit. Smiley
praneethvarshi

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:27:19 PM

It's all about understanding the market and predict the future... If you have the clear Idea of what it's going to be the coin value in coming time, you will be able to decide whether to sell it when it's on high or keep it for the near future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: