Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:54:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes?  (Read 3272 times)
tamango

Activity: 602
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:42:44 PM

If the coin I'm holding spikes more than 50% of its price in a day normally I sell maximum half of it and hold the rest.
amitkumratra

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 06:02:22 PM

It is all depend on our requirement. If my holding coins jumps 30%, then from total quantity, i will sell half of them and take back my investment with some profit because i hold them for my future goals. But if they achieve my target price and from them i fulfill my dreams goals, then i sell all of them.
And if they again down, then definitely i will again buy back these coins from of my half profit and hold them till they will bounce back.
NEERAJ ANAND

Activity: 686
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 01:34:42 PM

Its depend on you that are u ready to sell your coin when its spikes or you make a target for your self and wait for that target .its total depend of you because you reliable for your profit & losses normally i watch ever spikes but i sell my coin in my target.
Arcoin1

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:10:50 PM

I sell the Altcoins when the price increases and buy another Altcoin. I expect the prices to increase in order to do this. If we want to make money, there is nothing else to do.
JackMan125

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:51:37 PM

If my coin spikes, I sell at least 60% then buy the dip with this amount , leave me ina  good position as if it goes the other way I am not too bad off
awurmik

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:59:04 PM

It is constantly alright with each and every benefit I get. Benefit either huge or little is still benefit. There are times one may believe that a coin will keep on rising, yet after nearly couple of minutes, the following thing you see is it's fall. Along these lines, I offer regardless of how little the benefit is and purchase back on the off chance that it plunges.
Voliqur

Activity: 42

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:36:35 AM

I as a rule intend to put resources into cryptos and set target cost. At the point when the swapping scale of any cryptos achieves the normal conversion scale, at that point I will offer at that point dissect the market circumstance to settle on the following choice. On the off chance that the crypto is potential, at that point I will hold, yet I figure I should simply hold with ETH and BTC as it were.
Mjadon15

Activity: 174

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 10:49:18 AM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

Exactly, that's the strategy. Sell at the peak of the spike and sell when there is a dip in price. That's the new trend since December 2017. Crypto-coins are fond of forming new trends, and we just have to be observant and strategic enough to know how to deal with it. You could still be buying when crypto is at low price and be selling when crypto is at High Price and on the long run have some coins in reserve for the purpose of Long Term Holding.
clarkt

Activity: 658

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 11:02:41 AM

Seriously, you mean people may not know what to do when their coin spikes in price? I think I can relate to  people been lost at decision  making. I have been in a situation myself where my coin had a lots of value in fiat terms and I refuse to sell based on my ideology!

dumpesu

Activity: 38

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 01:36:36 AM

I more often than not plan to put resources into cryptos and set target cost. At the point when the conversion scale of any cryptos achieves the normal swapping scale, at that point I will offer at that point investigate the market circumstance to settle on the following choice. In the event that the crypto is potential, at that point I will hold, yet I figure I should simply hold with ETH and BTC as it were.
Valentyzer

Activity: 206
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 01:47:06 AM

In crypto anything that goes up must surely come down,  for me if the project is very promising I will sell 50% of my holding and wait for possible pull back to reach enter.
batgrzl

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:13:07 AM

In crypto anything that goes up must surely come down,  for me if the project is very promising I will sell 50% of my holding and wait for possible pull back to reach enter.
In today's market, short-term trading is easier to achieve greater returns, because the market fluctuates back and forth, prices fluctuate more frequently.
rose9696

Activity: 770

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:15:10 AM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
I will sell them immediately. In the Crypto market, I never want to hold on to long. Because this market is always manipulated and the future is very dark. We can not wait for something with uncertain future that can bring great profit for tomorrow.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Vitalicus

Activity: 467

DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:19:48 AM

If my coin spikes, I sell at least 60% then buy the dip with this amount , leave me ina  good position as if it goes the other way I am not too bad off
I also sell 60% if my coin increases because this market is really risky and we can not predict anything. Personally, I have made a lot of good profits recently, but when Bitcoin drops, everything I make is gone and I am very disappointed with the current market.

bitcok

Activity: 279

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:47:53 AM

it's better to be careful in selling coins that we have, we see first the development of the project first, how to travel the roadmap ... we can see it from the website or whitepaper and telegram
Radio-Active

Activity: 523

YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:54:34 AM

Usually if a coin start to spiking, it means there are something happening. Either they have a good news about their project, or they have a big partnership. I usually just wait and not selling my coin yet because it possibly rise more. Once the price drop a bit, that is the time to sell.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ss200

Activity: 269

The Protocol for the Audience Economy

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 04:57:12 AM

I place a stop loss of 10%, in any case, the profit will already be, but I do not want to sell too early. Therefore, I simply move the stop-loss as the price increases

ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:01:32 AM

well, this is of course I cannot say specifically, because after all the situation or market development is always a calculation in every speculation. of course this can change depending on the situation. so you should look for a lot of knowledge and of course experience.
Milamol

Activity: 686
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:25:47 AM

30% is a small spike. I think it's better to wait 100% or more. As a rule, I expect a 10-20% drop after the peak of pump. Of course, experience is important to determine where it's time to sell.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
xvacator

Activity: 340
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:31:37 AM

I think if the price can jump 30%, I will sell 50% from the total of my coin and I am sure that after this, the price will drop again so I can buy the coin again. I often see this is happening in the market but sometimes I miss the right time so it will too late for me to sell my coin but I am sure that there is still another chance for me to sell when the price jumps again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: