Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:29:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes?  (Read 3270 times)
Sean25pogi

Activity: 364
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 11:33:28 AM

I think when the coins gets its lower market value it is better to hold and do nothing about it and when the market price goes high it is the time to sell your coins to obtain a huge income for your own benefit.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:50:45 AM

It could be that this second Altcoins that you hold up to the top.
But after a few minutes Altcoins you immediately drop the price to the abyss.

Try to stay grateful because Cryptocurrency is volatile.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
dangwapo311

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:56:32 AM

What you just said is one of the most common thing a day trader do. Sell when the price goes up then buy back if goes down. I would do the same to earn profit. I am trading to earn profit anyway so why not. I do hold for a long time also but that depends on the coin and how mich I believe in their potential.
anderson705

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:10:04 AM

It depends on how much quantity I have, I will sell my coins if I have much quantity but only few percent of it and hold the remaining percent. And if it goes down again I will buyback the coins i had sold

Got the same strategy too. i do cut loss when it goes lower and buys back when it pump say 25% or even a half of it. As long as the coin is good and having a good development team, I have a little fear, but if the dev team is unknown them  I am very vigilant about it and I do play safe whenever there is a movement.
vokokawev658

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:15:50 AM

Follow me In the case where your cryptos have soared, you should calmly analyze and find the cause. If this increase is unusual and there is no apparent cause, then sell the cryptos at the time price is highest. Then wait for the exchange rate to fall back to reinvest or switch to other cryptos.
sonheko

Activity: 46

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:48:35 AM

Such a decent new when you coin shoots, When it does I offer portion of it, I despise dumping all coins without holding a sum on me. However, I think on the off chance that you needn't bother with cash for anything right then and there, you will keep on holding. Better still you can offer and go buy different altcoins you trust in.
tredingaltec

Activity: 770
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2018, 01:12:48 AM

if the market is difficult to produce It would be better if I keep quiet and wait for the market to recover to maintain investment value
bitcoinpeople3

Activity: 93

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:25:55 PM

Mostly I just sell the coins when I see a spike in the price, then I wait for the price of the coin to go back down, which it will and then buy back into the coin again.
Fourgh

Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:30:29 PM

Hold and wait. If the price is good then you sell if it's low you buy. But it reallt depends on how you manage your investments.

Pulafripta

Activity: 132

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:34:04 PM

i usualy sell at the top an buy back but my last trades went wrong and i m down like 50% so 30 wont cut it but if it pases 50% i sell . in a bull market i sell only with 50% or bigger profits
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:35:18 PM

Hold and wait. If the price is good then you sell if it's low you buy. But it reallt depends on how you manage your investments.
You always be in a positive position, when its spike up then better to sell it out and enjoy your earnings when it spike down then do your stop and loss then buy back afterwards, especially when you really believe that the coin you supported have a developing team behind as the downfall is just a temporary act before it will regain and bounce back to another height, always do your research before dealing with your decisions make it much better to assess the value and how will you take the advantages.
Newboybb

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:41:28 PM

Most of the time if there is a big rise in the short term, then I would consider selling.
Because the greater the short-term volatility, the greater the chance that it could fall.

toygama

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:49:11 PM

It depends on my strategy and targets. If the spike strike is my target, I cash out and plan next investing ideas.

It's better for you to have your own target, and most important  thing also is to work on that limit. Following our own calendar of activities is one way of being not tempted if there is a price movement of a certain coin cause there are many factors why the price spike suddenly.
Icologies

Activity: 994

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:53:02 PM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

I think it's better to do the analysis first before deciding to sell it. But if you are in doubt about the decision you will take, you can sell it partially and hold the rest if you doubt the coin will increase or decrease.

ghosong

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:56:40 PM

There is no great strategy that I am doing. I am just a beginner. I will sell coins that I hold if it has gone up 30%, and if the coins that I have sold the price back down I will buy it again, and make it a long-term investment.
bhordz357

Activity: 111
Merit: 1

RealtyReturns

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 12:57:21 PM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
Well first i will search for the reason of the spike, a new exchange? or something else like famous person shilling it, if i find nothing then i will sell the coin immidiately and keep monitoring the price to buyback or reenter incase it attempts to fly higher. I've done it twice with tron and ripple last year and i get a lot of profit from that.

As a neophyte of this community, it's very nice to have you mate making positive advice and guidance in any possibilities and instances happening here in crypto world for us to have knowledge and to gain more and to became financially free through cryptocurrency.

◖◖RealtyReturns◗◗
╣╣Cross-Border Blockchain-based Real Estate Marketplace╠╠
kilimanjaro54

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 06:35:24 PM

I'm not a greedy person and so if the price of coins has significantly increased, then I sell the coins and wait for the price to fall again.
rocketbits

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:16:19 AM

Whenever I want to invest money in Bitcoin I always have my plans on what I want to accomplish and how much I want to gain from it, so if it reaches my target I will withdraw my money. But in a case where I didn’t accomplish my target, but the price actually got to a higher rate (which is not the rate I planned) and starts dropping, I might withdraw and watch the market to see what follows next. If there is any need to invest my money back, then I will do that.
LindseyPrice65

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 09:28:01 AM

If the value of the bitcoin increase suddenly, maybe before then, I have to study how their value will increase to how much. By that time, I will definitely sell the bitcoin I own.
isen

Activity: 854
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 10:26:40 AM

It depends on my strategy and targets. If the spike strike is my target, I cash out and plan next investing ideas.

In such cases, the main thing is not to be greedy and follow the plan clearly. If your coin has reached the goal, do what you planned, sell.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: