Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 03:50:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes?  (Read 3272 times)
Stormspirit

Activity: 642
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 11:59:47 AM

When that happens the things I think about and I can do is sell it, I think it's not worth the investment and trade, then look for coins that are much better and in the future produce maximum profits.
okeanis

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 12:02:45 PM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
If I hold a coin for a short term and the price has risen by 30%, then most likely I will sell coins and will wait for the price to be low again.
naval1983

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 03:11:27 AM

It depends on you. If you are a believe of long term investment, then you would want to hold it.
Auto756

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 08:32:46 AM

If you invest and hold a coin for a short term and the price has grown very quickly, then I advise you to sell the coins and then buy again when the price drops.
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:01:35 AM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

Before I decide what action I will take maybe I will do the analysis first, because in that way of course we will know where the price will move, if the direction of the price continues to move up maybe I will leave it waiting for the price to grow and we will get more returns in the future. However when the price moves down, most likely I will sell it and buy it again when the price has dropped.
mikkev01

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 09:15:36 AM

It depends on my strategy and targets.for me, I usually sell half of my coin if the price spikes about 30% and i will sell the rest at my target price.
murinked

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 02:36:42 PM

I advise you to sell coins when the price has grown very quickly.  Do not be greedy and expect that the price will grow even more.
Niklomn

Activity: 196

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:22:44 PM

If the market has only begun to recover and the price of coins has increased, then it is worth waiting for a little more.
DmitriySar

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:43:14 PM

I do not sell coins that grow from time to time, because it is difficult for me to control each of them. I always wait for a long-term profit, holding coins.
DavidBolster

Activity: 73

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 12:52:00 PM

It depends on your investment plan. If you don't want to take more risk then you can sell them all. But I think holding some of your coin for future is a great deal as the price spiked 30% and it can rise even more.
usantosluu425

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:24:57 AM

I say: use them and rotated through various forms to increase their value. We can trade on exchanges to increase the number alcoin.
poldanmig

Activity: 1372
Merit: 275

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 02:43:18 AM

maybe what you say in your opinion is a general strategy in making investments using cryptocurrencies at low prices and selling them at high prices, but it takes patience and confidence in these investments and is good at taking advantage of opportunities to make a profit

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████     ▀███▀     ███          █████▀▀       ▀█████████    ███████████████████         ▀██████    ████████         ▀█████    ████
████      ▀█▀      ███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄████    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄████████      ██████████████████    ▄▄▄    ████      ███████    ▄▄▄    ████    ████
████               ███    ▀▀▀▀▀████    ████▀▀▀▀▀██████   ██   █████████████████    ███▀   ███   ██   ██████    ███▀   ████    ████
████    █▄   ▄█    ███    ▄▄▄▄▄████    ████▄▄   █████   ▀▀▀▀   ████████████████         ▄███   ▀▀▀▀   █████         ▄█████    ████
████    ██▄ ▄██    ███    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████    ▀▀▀▀    ████            ███████████████    ████████            ████    █▄   ▀█████    ████
████    ███████    ███          █████▄▄       ▄████    ▄████▄    ██████████████    ███████    ▄████▄    ███    ███▄   ▀███    ████
█████████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀████▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀████▀▀█████
█████▄  ███  ██  █  ▄▄ ██   █████
██████▄ ▀█  ▄█  ██▄  ▀██  █▄ ████
███████▄   ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀▀  █▀     ▀███
████████▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄▄██▄▄███▄▄███
██████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀███
████▀▀                ▀▀█   ██
███ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ █ ███
███ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ▄▄ █ █ ███
███ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ █ ▄▀ █ ▀ ███
███ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█ █▄▄▄▄█   ███
███                      ▄████
███  ██████████████████  █████
███                      █████

9000+ SLOTS 
█████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▄  ▀▀████████
█████▀ ▄███▄ ▄███▄ ██████
████▀▄▄ ██▀▀ ▀▀██ ▄▄▀████
████ ▀ ▄▄ ▄███▄ ▄▄ ▀ ████
████ ████ ▀███▀ ████ ████
████▄ ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███ ▄████
█████▄ ▄▄ █████ ▄▄ ▄█████
███████▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄███████
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
.PLAY NOW.
█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████
jamids

Activity: 616
Merit: 252

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 02:55:05 AM

It depends on your investment plan. If you don't want to take more risk then you can sell them all. But I think holding some of your coin for future is a great deal as the price spiked 30% and it can rise even more.

Learning from my mistakes, I would definitely sell it all and then if the price goes up more, I would not mind it at all because I was able to get profit from it and if the price goes down, I may consider buying if I can see that there is more demand to it. I would not be greedy thinking that I would get some profit if I would left something because it is not guaranteed. It would be better off if I would be able to have some profit and invest it maybe in other things or coins worth investing in.

mbangsar04

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:35:36 AM

for me personally, if you already get a profit of 30% then it's better to sell it. sometimes people are too greedy, they will wait for the price to get higher but what happens is the price drops and they lose the moment.
KobbyC

Activity: 361

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:38:12 AM

This is really a great moment in the life of every holder. When this happens to me I will never sell all tokens, because it can shot up the more. The right thing I suggest for friends is that, when this happens, and you are in need of money, then sell 50%.
Jessephillip90

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 07:58:11 AM

By the time my coin has a sudden increase in value, maybe at that time, I would sell them all or find and invest in an ICO project that could give me more experience. Because of that, the value of cryptos only fluctuates in a short amount of time. If you do not take advantage of that opportunity, you may lose the opportunity.
sexylady13

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

https://www.udap.io/ - Tokenize Everything

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 09:54:29 PM

I have so many different small coins in my portfolios and I just do not have time to follow their growth or fall and, in fact, it is a very serious problem because I miss all the possible profits. Apparently, I should find some good app for iPhone that will signal me that one of my coins has started a strong growth. If anyone knows one - give me your recommendations! Thank you in advance!

VeteranH

Activity: 106

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 10:02:20 PM

I tend to add cryptocurrencies to my portfolio that are aimed for long term investments like bitcoin and ethereum, so when they spike I do practically nothing because I would sell them after a couple of years.
doedz

Activity: 1106
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:03:32 AM

I will sell it because the function of trading from Cryptocurrency is to take advantage.
If you have a 30% profit it is very big and enough to eat 1 month if your capital is 1 Bitcoin.

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
dhiraj0977

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 05:23:17 AM

I always convert it into BTC or USDT whenever any of my coin spikes suddenly and trade them at subsequent intervals from such up and downs of prices of that particular coin.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: