Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 05:37:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes?  (Read 3272 times)
Tulanpa

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2018, 05:36:16 AM

For a trader it will be much benefit, buy and selling will be good, for holder, it will also be good decision. But as for me if coin am holding jump, will have to exchange it to either bitcoin or ethereum. Because these are two coin that dictate price increase for all other coins.
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2018, 05:52:47 AM

I will sell it because the function of trading from Cryptocurrency is to take advantage.
If you have a 30% profit it is very big and enough to eat 1 month if your capital is 1 Bitcoin.
Totally agree, making a profit is the whole idea, so once I see that spike I am usually all in and will definitely monitor that coin if I have much interest in it to buy back once the price comes back down. Last year I made some good profits with Tron and Enjin just selling the highs and buying the dips.
Bridgetnana

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:32:27 AM

This is a good news for proper investment decisions. But growth is so fast, it is possible to forecast the risk of coming closer. Consider and have decided to make a proper recession
Kool5

Activity: 266
Merit: 1

”Decentralized Digital Billboards”

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:47:23 AM

It is necessary to sell these coins and not to think about further profits. Because everything can go wrong. Even 10% of bitcoins is a good profit. Without hesitation, sell coins that you do not need.

цeнтp] ◣ Stake.com ◥
«Stake 2 - Игpaй yмнee»
12+ Peжимы игpы | Дocтaтoчнo чecтнo | Eжeднeвныe paздaчи
raghovsing34

Activity: 333

Security and Privacy Features on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2018, 04:50:25 AM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
If I can see my any holding coin suddenly pump by 10% or 30% I like to sell my 50% coin at others 50% hold with stop loss.

▄ ▄▄  We reinvented the way privacy and anonimity should look like  ▄▄ ▄
▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄           PRIVIX.io           ▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄ ▄ ▄▄▄
Sevarchik

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:55:10 AM

Look at the total market situation, if market more in downtrend sell your coin.
For example i am sell yesterday all my DOGE for 90sat, today price going back because common market in downtrend

kristineirene

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:56:58 AM

Its depend  if what kind of spikes  is it is for good or bad sign because if the price  is the one that im expecting well i really gonna grab the opportunity but if its not that i expect i think im still gonna hild my coin and wait for the perfect time.
grifinmch

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 04:57:51 AM

Depending on what makes the condition rises. When not too convincing then selling alone while you still can get a considerable profit. but when the increase was to have good reasons behind them then it is better to hold first to reach more of those values. quite a loss if it still happens the increase but was already selling the value the cheap.
hanapre

Activity: 276

View Profile
September 03, 2018, 05:16:08 AM

I think the best solution is to sell about thirty percent of them on the spike and therefore maintain profits. Rest is stored for hodlng, because, if the coin is good, we can hope to end at a higher level then at this time. If there is a chance then I will buy more coins.
xvacator

Activity: 340
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:28:01 AM

I think it will better to sell the coin when it can increase higher so we can get our money and make a profit. maybe it is not too big but at least, we can make a profit so we can choose the other coins to make another profit. and if we can do this every day, I think we can make a big profit at the end of the month. but this will not work if somehow, the market is changing and the price is going down too fast and we can only hold the coin until the price can increase back.
BlazingBlack_Dragon

Activity: 102

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:33:42 AM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

I'd sell 80% of my holdings immediately, then buy back again later.
The market always moves in waves, if you miss the pump or dip, just wait as it will occur again.
Adjust and readjust as necessary to the market is key.
baghdatis1990

Activity: 504
Merit: 14

Miracle Tele

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 05:45:57 AM

Depends on the strategy of everyone. It is preferable to sell the currency at the price you consider to be the best for that currency. If you think that's the price, you can sell.

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
jazz1984

Activity: 392
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 05, 2018, 06:01:35 AM

If it is a significant increase in the price of x3 or more from the purchase price, I would fix a part of the profits of about 30-50% of the total amount, and leave the rest of the deposit to the next big moves. But as correctly noted in the message above, it all depends on the chosen strategy.
sarasofrup

Activity: 98

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 11:05:38 AM

You know everyone's got their strategy. When my coin spikes up, I really do not worry myself about it though. I usually feel good about it, but I know it is not time to sell them yet. I have a specific icrease range I'm looking at, and as at now, none of my coins have spiked that high, so the last thing that comes to mind is selling them.
huisachecrypto

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:18:00 PM

I will sell my coins if it reaches 30% profit. Waiting for a coin to reach a profit above 50% is not the strategy I did. I am worried that prices will go down because crypto prices can change quickly in minutes. After selling it, I will buy more coins when the price drops.
baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 02:26:31 PM

I have been in this situation and I have decided to hold. I have no regrets for not selling when the market was up. I am still holding
paul gatt

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:07:52 PM

I will sell them when it up top. Then I will buy back the coins at a low level. This is a not simple. You must regularly monitor the prices of the coins, and choose the appropriate time to sell them.
titan20

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:12:53 PM

Hmmm, I think it depends on which exactly coin you speak about. But most likely my reaction would be to sell it. And maybe even then I will not buy it again.

AUTO COIN

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
      Stand-Alone Solutions Set to Revolutionize the Automotive Sector     
WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTWITTERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTAGRAM
Bridgetnana

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 07, 2018, 03:36:10 PM

Sure I'll calculate and sell out to get profit. By this is the joyous of those investments. If prices continue to rise drastically, I'll wait for more and sell when the highest price
kilimanjaro54

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 09, 2018, 05:37:41 PM

I do not sell coins that grow from time to time, because it is difficult for me to control each of them. I always wait for a long-term profit, holding coins.
I think so too.  If you have invested in a promising coin and hold this coin for a long term, then do not sell coins when the price has increased by only 30-40%.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: