Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 08:01:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes?  (Read 3272 times)
Accts4u2

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 12:01:22 PM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
The best thing to do when the coin spikes is to take your coin into consideration and make sure that you are checking if you will be making any profit from actually selling the coins, but if it is not at a point where you can actually sell the coin and make a good profit from it then you just have to wait a bit longer until the coin gets back to a point where you can make money from it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
donaltrump8

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 02:53:58 PM

If the price of my coins  spike , I will sell it immediately , why ? because I and most of people here come to the cryptocurrency market because of the  profit . If I do not sell it, I think I've miss a chance
JohnMacZeppelin

Activity: 602
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 02:56:15 PM

I sell. Yes, of course I sell them. And if I see that the project is really very cool, then I buy these tokens later, when the prices are much lower than the prices at which I sold my coins. This is a market.
HabiebRiziq

Activity: 966
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 03:30:49 PM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
I think everyone has their own strategies. I personally will choose to sell the coins that I have if I have benefited from them or sometimes I will choose to sell them in part and keep holding them in part, because sometimes when we choose to hold it and hope the price will increase but what happens is not according to our estimates .
Mmesooma1
Copper Member

Activity: 150
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 03:46:08 PM

I don't really rush into selling because I may be selling the bottom. I rather make an informed decision by quickly checking if there are news responsible for the spikes before selling

Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 03:52:10 PM

If the price of my coins  spike , I will sell it immediately , why ? because I and most of people here come to the cryptocurrency market because of the  profit . If I do not sell it, I think I've miss a chance
If aiming for short term trade spikes needs to be used for your favor, like what you have said, opportunity who knocks on your door so taking it right away is the best option, better to be realistic and act faster, remember that inside the market wise people always wins.

For long term goal, buy low and sell high can be performed with some spike of the price, it's also an opportunitie to accumulate more after selling it with the higher value, placing and order to a much cheaper price will help you to hold more.
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 03:55:27 PM

as you say. indeed, as the market increases, we must use it well. because the opportunity did not come for the second time. so when prices increase, we will immediately sell the coins that we have, and that all happens not only me. but there are still many people who will do that
Galantin

Activity: 602
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 04:06:22 PM

as you say. indeed, as the market increases, we must use it well. because the opportunity did not come for the second time. so when prices increase, we will immediately sell the coins that we have, and that all happens not only me. but there are still many people who will do that

We will sell our coins to get some profit for ourselves. Why then invest or hunt. You're right. When the market stabilizes, many will sell their tokens from hunting.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
o.ogurlu

Activity: 910
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2019, 04:09:54 PM

I've set a maximum value for each coin that I keep for investment. And when this coins reached the maximum price, I'm selling a large portion of this coin and I continur the hold the remaining amount. I'm buying from another coin for re-investment.
deodivine1
Copper Member

Activity: 657
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 15, 2019, 04:28:20 PM

To be sincere if it's a massive spike, the first thing I'll do is to check my TA, and also know why the coin is spiking. Then probably sell say 50% because the market always experience a retrace after a massive uptrend. If the spike is not that much, then I'll sell just some, because there might be a potential for more uptrend.
ereborltc

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 07:59:52 AM

If I know that the price of this altcoin is more than 30%, I will not hesitate to sell it. When the price falls back, I will buy it again, so that I can earn more tokens.

Legendary / Hero Member

█████
█████   ▄▄██████▄▄
█████▄██████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
███████▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀█████▄
██████   ██▀  ▀██   █████
█████▌   ██▄▄▄
█████▌    ▀▀▀███▄
 █████   ██▄  ▄██   █████
 ▀█████▄  ▀▀██▀▀  ▄█████▀
  ▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀██████████████▀▀
        ▀▀██████▀▀

.BILLSCASH.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Decentralized Microtask Platform on the Blockchain.
.With Encrypted User to User Messages.
  ───────
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Twitter
Facebook
Reddit

LinkedIn
Github
Jadesola

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 08:05:24 AM

Definitely when a coin you hodl moon, you will consider taking profit out of it and then buy back at the bottom if possible later except you are sure that the growth will continue,that is exactly what i will do.
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 12:49:15 PM

30% is huge profit, I would sell it even if it reaches lower spike.
What is important here, don't be greedy, be happy with less, waiting for too long and for higher profit might lead to loss of earnings and investment and yo will have to wait new spike to recover your investment and it might not happen again.
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 01:52:33 PM

For me it depends on how deep the spike that you talking about if its profitable enough  i will sell some of it in order to gain liquidity and acquired another coins/token and speculate again for more bigger profit in the long run thats my simple hodling strategy.
tarable

Activity: 1258
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:07:19 PM

of course I will sell because it's a good opportunity and never leave it if you don't want to regret later. because of luck it won't come twice here
crossabdd
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:12:16 PM

most crypto trading is buying at a cheap price / dump, and selling at a high price / pump. so when the pump price is 30% of the purchase price, it will be sold. and will buy back at a low price. and that must be done. unless you are a long-term investment.
dragonomoy
Copper Member

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:27:43 PM

it all depends on the initial strategy if we intend to long term then we will not sell it even if it goes up or down.
but if that happens when we trade a rise of 30 is a very extraordinary thing then of course we will sell it.

Fumzy

Activity: 255
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:36:18 PM

If your not a greedy investor or you are not hodling for long term, its best to sell and not have regrets later because some of this tokens can go to their ATH and never return to that point once the fall. So, taken advantage of any opportunity you see in crypto
malekbaba
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1026

SellDefi.com | Earn by selling files

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:44:01 PM

I will sell at once. And hope major correction will occur. Then I will rebuy atleast same amount I just have sold. This way I will have same amount of tokens with some profit. Everyone thinks like me and like everyone I miss the peak to sell and again miss the lowest point to re-enter or fail to buy at lowest point. There are very few who bought BTC at 1k and sold at 20k.
Chainsmokers

Activity: 1372
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 02:48:25 PM

I will personally choose to sell it when I have benefited from the coin or at least the income I get is enough to cover expenses, because I used to choose to hold back because I believe the price will fall but the next day what happens is not what which I believe and that makes me regret.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: