Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 07:51:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you do when your coin spikes?  (Read 3267 times)
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 10:54:06 PM

of course when market prices soar, what we do is, immediately sell the coins that we have, if that is according to our predictions. but if we don't reach our predictions, it's better to wait for prices to rise again and we also do other positive things by waiting for prices to rise.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Corer

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:01:40 PM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?

It depends on what the 30% increase actually means, if it's a coin that has dipped very badly and just resurrecting I don't think I would make any hasty decisions with that spike but if it's a spike that has given good profit I cash out some, then keep a close monitoring to cash out the rest if it spikes more

✦ ✕     stableDEX.io     |||[    IEO is live on ExMarkets    ]    ✕ ✦
━ ━━ ━━━  100% Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective  ━━━ ━━ ━[/center
kingpin4321

Activity: 280
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:04:22 PM

When ever the coin I have in my possession goes up my next decision would be based on
*my need of fiat at the moment
*whats the future of the coin
*was the leap based on a false alarm or FUD
apitico

Activity: 571
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:05:22 PM

I so sold some coins, and a week or two later, they grew by another 50-100 percent. Here it is impossible to predict, especially if it is little-known tokens or coins.

Dannev

Activity: 169

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:07:21 PM

I do not need a soothsayer to tell me it's time to sell when there's spike. Some will say hold for long term but I can tell, it's better to cash out profit and reinvest later.
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:08:00 PM

When ever the coin I have in my possession goes up my next decision would be based on
*my need of fiat at the moment
*whats the future of the coin
*was the leap based on a false alarm or FUD

I've got those in mind also when a specific coin in my possession suddenly has positive movement. If in that particular moment, I badly needed my fiat, I will sell my coins because anyway, that is already a good deal at the moment. But if I don't need the money, I will evaluate the situation if it is just mere fud or something. Of course, we need to assess if there's really future of our holdings.
CryptoToxicAvenger

Activity: 644
Merit: 111

View Profile
February 16, 2019, 11:15:21 PM

Depends what the coin is. If I do not believe in it and do not see its success in the future, then sell when there is a pump. But if it's a promising coin, I'll sell it and then buy it back.
toydoll

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 08:02:44 AM

It's been a long time since my coins jumped like that.I'm not a professional, but if a coin jumps like that, I sell half and I keep an eye on the price. If growth continues-sell the rest of the coins. Then I wait for the price correction to buy a coin.But everyone has their own strategy.
ifightformerkel
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 08:38:38 AM

In my opinion, it is quite reasonable to sell coins if their price increases sharply by 30%. In the current market, when the bears still have not retreated, it is a good opportunity to increase the number of coins. But if you do not want to risk and are afraid of losing your coins, then holding is the best option for you.
Jannyh
Copper Member

Activity: 994
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2019, 10:09:07 AM

Only greed will make one not sell and take profit at that point,  you sell , buy ,set an order below to buy back then wait for another spike,  this is exactly what I will do,  can't keep waiting for 100 percent profit,  before you know it,  you are at a loss,  or must have missed the spike.  So take the little profit and buy back at dip.  Continue the cycle.

marjil

Activity: 454
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 10:53:11 AM

That's really based on your opinion and outlook of the coin. What do you think is going to happen next? act upon that.
Exactly! It all depends on what the OP thinks is happening and why the coin is spiking. When people know their coins they can make decisions based on known facts rather than random speculation.

Georgiyk

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 12:44:15 PM

If my coin rushes up sharply, then, of course, it's time to sell it. Subsequently, I follow the schedule of this coin. If I see constant peaks and falls, then during the period of its fall, I again buy the coin and sell it to the maximum.

══════‎ஐ═ ஐOUTOFTHECLOUD.COM GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE CLOUDஐ═ ஐ══════
═══════╣PRESALE starts on August 10 ║ ICO starts on September 10╠═══════
══════‎ஐ═‎ஐFACEBOOK  TWITTER  GITHUB  TELEGRAM  YOUTUBE  MEDIUMஐ═ஐ══════
Stakerist

Activity: 169

View Profile
February 21, 2019, 01:17:04 PM

In the event that the coin does not reach at least the ICO price, then there is absolutely no sense in selling it!

▂▃▅▆ BOLTON Coin (BFCL) ▆▅▃▂
▬ The Challenge that makes your dreams come true ▬
֍ ֍ [https://bfclcoin.com/]֍ ֍
Vanshenz

Activity: 462
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 22, 2019, 05:51:18 AM

I'm just looking for the opinions of others really, there's no right or wrong answer to this question.
What do you do when a coin you're holding suddenly jumps up by like 30% or whatever? do you try to sell at the peak of that spike and buy them back once it's gone back down again? or do you just keep on hodling?
if I were in a position like that, then I would immediately sell it because 30% is already a big profit, then if it turns out the price of coins is increasing, then I will buy it again even though the price doesn't decrease, what matters is I see good potential to get greater profits.
Raymondavid47

Activity: 546
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 10:50:04 PM

There was a time in the crypto world when if the price of your coins hit 30% gains you will still hold it because it can go higher, But now if your coins makes a 30% gain I will advise you to sell it because that's a huge profit now. You can still buy back if you think it's a good project with a bright future or alternatively you can move to another coin.
roadwell890

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 11:19:14 PM

if you already feel enough with a jump and you make a profit even though it's not too big, it's better to just sell and coins that you hold in the future don't know it will go up or even go down, so take that opportunity even if you get a little profit or even down, you will lose.
but it's up to you, because everyone might think differently, people's beliefs are different, so do what you think is right but think well.

dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 11:30:06 PM

Depends on the coin that I hold and the circumstances. I often experience it. The price of the coin goes up, but I keep holding it back because the profit earned is little or no profit. And sometimes I'm willing to cut, because a coin has been dumped after some time. So, choose the best in your opinion. Because the views and needs of people are different.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
MiniMountain

Activity: 624
Merit: 101

BBOD Zero-Fee Exchange

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 11:34:34 PM

Due to the long bear market I would sell my coin with that 30% gain and as you said if I see my coins goes dump after selling it then I will surely buyback all of them so in short I will a good profit after the spike.

2tang

Activity: 1414
Merit: 259

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 11:39:53 PM

what I do is sell it, even though I still like the coin but I can't just ignore the benefits that I can get because I can still buy the coin again when the price drops
the most important thing for me is profit, so when there is an opportunity to take it, I will take it

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 24, 2019, 11:46:28 PM

Only greed will make one not sell and take profit at that point, 

False  .  greedy people do sell no matter what are the current condition of the market but as soon as they have a coin on their wallets they always find a way to sell it . wise people wont do that because they are in control of the situation . they knew that the market can still improve and can continue to grow for the better , thats why they opt to hold and wait a little more .
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: