Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:50:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Protoshare [PTS] questions,may I have ur attention please  (Read 868 times)
taher (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:00:16 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 08:43:19 AM by taher

There are sufficient information about all the other coins on the web but not much for protoshare. so here are some questions of mine
regarding protoshare and litecoin mining. help this noob out to get  will ya?

1) What are the best pools/softwares for protoshare?

2) I think protoshare is profitable but cant find any pts calculator... is there any? if i generate 150collisions per min how much i gonna make per hour?

3) any guess on the difficulty or market value of pts for the next month?

Hardware related question-

4) what is the most optimizing setting for i5 2400? i have 4 core and 4 thread and 8gb of ram and willing to use everything. if u have a i5 2400 whats ur hashrate? how much u earn by mining pts hourly? is it profitable?

i am going to buy a cooler(water cooler) for this. what is the maximum hashrate of 2400?

5) does overclocking helps hashrate for pts? if i can manage a i5 3470k and oc it to 4.3 ghz how much the hashrate increases?

i forgot other questions :|

let me know if any1 can find out how to mine pts with gpu

another question- how many post needed to qualify for regular forum?
BThunderW

Activity: 20

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:53:56 AM

1. I use ypool.net
2. if you have the hash power, it seems to be pretty profitable at the moment
3. I believe difficulty is gonna drop next cycle cause at current difficulty AWS/Cloud mining has become unprofitable which caused a huge col/m drop
4. Ram bandwidth seems to be the deciding factor. With my 2xX5560 with Tripple channel RAM I get about 380 col/m under CentOS. That drops to about 315 with single channel RAM config.
5. Where's 5. It's not in your list
6. Again, memory bandwidth seems to be the deciding factor. But more speed always a good thing.
duuuuude

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 01:55:43 AM

every one of those questions could be answered by just reading the forum posts or using the search function. =(

j
taher (OP)

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:51:40 AM

1. I use ypool.net
2. if you have the hash power, it seems to be pretty profitable at the moment
3. I believe difficulty is gonna drop next cycle cause at current difficulty AWS/Cloud mining has become unprofitable which caused a huge col/m drop
4. Ram bandwidth seems to be the deciding factor. With my 2xX5560 with Tripple channel RAM I get about 380 col/m under CentOS. That drops to about 315 with single channel RAM config.
5. Where's 5. It's not in your list
6. Again, memory bandwidth seems to be the deciding factor. But more speed always a good thing.

thnx.
u are xeon user? :O
centos? its linux right?

let me know if u know the max hash power i can get from my 2400. (i use dual channel ram.. 2x4gb). i need to know that so that i can decide whether or not i wanna buy a air/water cooler.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: