Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:23:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Willing to Loan up to 2 BTC for those with collateral  (Read 888 times)
bitcoinmiami (OP)

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:09:46 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 12:22:08 AM by bitcoinmiami

Please have collateral to offer. Be able to repay within 30 days.
BTC
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 01:22:06 AM

Remember to only provide collateral to a third party, as for this user may or may not run away with the collateral.
bitcoinmiami (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:30:01 AM

[/quote]
Remember to only provide collateral to a third party, as for this user may or may not run away with the collateral.
You know, I don't mind people like you jumping in to give a courteously unsolicited "warning", but when you fail to THINK before posting, it makes me cringe. WHAT DOU YOU THINK THE BORROWER WILL DO IF I DECIDE TO KEEP HIS COLLATERAL? 
austin

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 03:00:58 AM

You know, I don't mind people like you jumping in to give a courteously unsolicited "warning", but when you fail to THINK before posting, it makes me cringe. WHAT DOU YOU THINK THE BORROWER WILL DO IF I DECIDE TO KEEP HIS COLLATERAL? 
Collateral is usually worth more than the amount that is borrowed so it can easily be sold. If someone gave you 50ltc as collateral (~1.4btc) for a 1btc loan, you could run with their ltc because they're worth more. Because you're a new member and not yet known to be trustworthy, it would be wise to escrow any collateral.
bitcoinmiami (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 05:22:25 AM

Obviously, by the way i responded, I don't expect to receive a premium in collateral to that of what I am lending. You guys post useless comments, in my opinion, to boost your post count and promote gambling websites that pay you .00001 btc/month . That's the true fraud.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 06:09:45 AM

While it's good that you require collateral, the problem is that you're a relatively new user. A common scheme that a lot of scammers will use now is to offer loans for collateral. Once the collateral is sent, the scammer disappears, never to be heard from again -- well, at least not on that throw-away account. My suggestion would be don't even bother with loans for now.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
bitcoinmiami (OP)

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 04:57:32 PM

Let it be known that I am willing to use a trusted escrow service.
sergiom

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 01:56:21 AM

I would like to make a request for 0.15 BTC to pay in 7 days.
How its possible to provide collateral to a thirdy part? I want means "how it works"...Who is this third party?
bitcoinmiami (OP)

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 06:04:11 AM

I would like to make a request for 0.15 BTC to pay in 7 days.
How its possible to provide collateral to a thirdy part? I want means "how it works"...Who is this third party?
[/quote]

What type of collateral do you have to offer? The way it works is that a third party (trusted member on this forum) will hold your collateral, I will give you the loan, and if you default on our terms, the third part will transfer the collateral to me. PM me if you want to discuss privately.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: