Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 05:02:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: GPU not detected in CGminer  (Read 1334 times)
Cognate (OP)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 12:45:15 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2013, 12:55:34 AM by Cognate

So this has been a headache the past 2 days.

I am running 2 r280x and they were running fine before.

I connected to the computer via teamviewer and was messing with some settings (in the .bat file, nothing serious) and suddenly my computer has a critical display error. Everything crashes. Long story short I get a black screen everytime I boot.

Eventually the issue is resolved by changing the graphics setting in the motherboard.

So now CGminer won't detect my GPUs at all and I'll tell you some of the things I tried:

CGMiner 3.1.1 and a few others --> SDK 2.9 --> Disk Drivers (This was what was originally working until it crashed) --> NO LONGER WORKS (Headache time)
CG 3.1 ---> SDK 2.9 --> Up to Date drivers
CG --> No SDK --> Up to date drivers
CG --> No SDK --> Disk drivers (clearly didn't work)
CG --> SDK --> random update between latest and disk drivers, yeah no work.

The computer is running through VGA on the motherboard now, it was originally running through dvi adapter on the video cards but that was giving the black screen everytime it booted. I still can't use the adapter. Maybe this is the problem with the GPU dunno.

Both GPUs show up in Device Manager. Everything else works great. If I wasn't trying to run CGminer I could swear I had a perfect PC. BUT I don't.

My .bat files are not the issue either because as I said I had this running before, I just randomly got a critical error and everything went out of wack. I have reinstalled windows 7 3 times looking for solutions.

The adapter is still plugged into the GPU as a sort of "Dummy Plug"

Any help would be appreciated.

Also I'm mining scrypt but I figure a detected video card is a detected video card, mining bitcoin or a scrypt coin.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: